PDA

View Full Version : Detail on a Cobra R

WildBill
08-04-09, 10:42 AM
IMSHAKN and I spent a little over 5 hours on this Cobra R yesterday. I don't think the car had ever been detailed, waxed but never detailed.
I washed it 3 times Sunday in Dawn for prep.
We first claybared the whole car and got off a LOT of junk.
We used Meguire's Professional line products for the paint cleaning and buffing.
On the top had to hit it two steps. Andrew took care of the hood with a regular buffer and I came back over with my DA for a final buff, since for some reason the hood was repainted in a single step paint and not a base/clearcoat! I'm very surprised and happy at how well the hood turned out.
We both went over the car with DAs on the vertical surfaces with a light cut.
Then we washed and dried the car and put two coats of NXT.
The car now looks RED instead of dang Orange!
Sorry for the sucky pics!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/Mach1Marauder/DSC00639.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/Mach1Marauder/DSC00640.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/Mach1Marauder/DSC00641.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/Mach1Marauder/DSC00642.jpg

04WhininCobra
08-04-09, 11:00 AM
looks awesome!

but there is nothing wrong with orange :biglaugh:

WildBill
08-04-09, 11:23 AM
looks awesome!

but there is nothing wrong with orange :biglaugh:

I love Comp Orange, but Performance Red sucks!:laughing::laughing:

04WhininCobra
08-04-09, 11:33 AM
I love Comp Orange, but Performance Red sucks!:laughing::laughing:

haha its not one of the better colors, but it's definitely not the worst.

you guys do a great job. its nice being good friends with Andrew he helps me detail my car for free. will i have to pay for the materials which isn't always cheap.

silvrsvt
08-04-09, 01:48 PM
look good! how much you charge to do mine :biglaugh:

05mustangman
08-04-09, 02:28 PM
Hey bill where is my detail job!? lol. i expect to see you at my house tonight to detail the shelby :P lol.

WildBill
08-04-09, 03:21 PM
look good! how much you charge to do mine :biglaugh:
Price depends on the condition of the paint and the level you want to take the car

Hey bill where is my detail job!? lol. i expect to see you at my house tonight to detail the shelby :P lol.
Bring the car and your wallet to the shop.:biglaugh:

We have an open spot on Friday I believe.

AZSonicSnake
08-04-09, 04:39 PM
looks damn good! i need mine gone over again. been a year since its been touched. still have not washed since then either. haha. doh!

need to get some good pics of the R to really show it off. :woot1:

WildBill
08-04-09, 05:23 PM
looks damn good! i need mine gone over again. been a year since its been touched. still have not washed since then either. haha. doh!

Beer N Buffers sounds good to me!:laughing1:

AZSonicSnake
08-04-09, 06:59 PM
you know i'm in! we'll yack about it when i drop by this week. ;)

WildBill
08-04-09, 07:45 PM
you know i'm in! we'll yack about it when i drop by this week. ;)

That's cool!

IMSHAKN
08-05-09, 01:08 AM
Definitely got to admit, that one came out better than I thought it would as that paint felt like sandpaper before we touched it. Was a bit shocked when we discovered that the hood, spoiler, and Driver's side fender were both painted in a single stage.

Get some real pics.

IMSHAKN
08-05-09, 01:12 AM

Lol. You are kidding, right Tony? Or have you been giving that garage queen a wipe down only since we buffed her out? :laughing:

AZSonicSnake
08-05-09, 08:58 AM
Lol. You are kidding, right Tony? Or have you been giving that garage queen a wipe down only since we buffed her out? :laughing:

nope! hit it with the duster and detail spray only in the past 10 or so months. still get loads of comments about it too. but i can see plenty of stuff when i clean it. plus its gotta be due. lets remember that 2 of those months it literally could not move due to my axle issues.

WildBill
08-05-09, 12:07 PM
Definitely got to admit, that one came out better than I thought it would as that paint felt like sandpaper before we touched it. Was a bit shocked when we discovered that the hood, spoiler, and Driver's side fender were both painted in a single stage.

Get some real pics.

Ray came by this morning and was VERY happy with the results!

AZSnake98
08-12-09, 06:03 PM
Car looks damn good! No splitter?

WildBill
08-12-09, 07:02 PM
Car looks damn good! No splitter?

It was done separate. It can't get into the shop with it on.