PDA

View Full Version : Bank Financing

AZSaleen04
07-18-09, 10:51 AM
Has anyone had any experience getting a loan for a used car? I know it's hard period to get a load these days but a dealer told me it's almost impossible getting a loan for a used car. Sold the notch and looking to get a used Escalade.

azmustang
07-18-09, 11:09 AM
I got my 06 gt a few months ago used. I put 1,000 down with a co-signer and I got a decent APR so depending on your credit I dont think it would be impossible to get financed.

AZSaleen04
07-18-09, 11:26 AM
I have great credit and was looking at a 05 Escalade with about 50K miles on it with a good amount of down payment and my own bank wouldn't give me a loan.. A dealer that I spoke to said a used car is more difficult to finance wiht 50K miles and up.

Will keep looking around.

svtrichie
07-18-09, 11:39 AM
sorry to hear that you got rid of the notch after you did all that work. Any luck with the other one.

AZSaleen04
07-18-09, 12:52 PM
Yeah it just wasn't practical as you know I needed an SUV. The other one is on Ebay but I plan on keeping it.

Casey39er
07-18-09, 01:07 PM
From my experience Dealers do not want you to finance a used car. They would rather you buy a new car. "The Push"

Anyway, if you have decent credit, I recommend you join a credit union. They will finance just about any car "that is not overpriced" up to 10 years old. My credit union "Credit Union West" has quoted me a rate on 4.99% for a used car loan.

"Good Luck"

silvrsvt
07-18-09, 05:08 PM

AZSaleen04
07-18-09, 06:08 PM
sounds good thanks for the advice.

Jodaddy
07-19-09, 12:11 PM
Arizona federal will approve anyone that walks lol. I was approved for a loan for my street bike 3 years ago when i was 16 workin at best buy making 9 dollars an hour lol If u can walk andspeak english your game for them.

AZSaleen04
07-19-09, 12:23 PM
Cool thanks..

SloSVO
07-19-09, 02:07 PM
Arizona federal will approve anyone that walks lol. I was approved for a loan for my street bike 3 years ago when i was 16 workin at best buy making 9 dollars an hour lol If u can walk andspeak english your game for them.

the only thing is that 3 years ago.. it was still feasting time..no mo now..

OH3MGSVT
07-19-09, 05:51 PM
Ha I wish!!! I have Arizona federal and they are dicks. Alls I did was get refinanced through them but when I tried to get a personal loan for like $4000 w/ my dad as a cosigner they still didnt aprrove me and didnt give me any real reason as to why not.

Jodaddy
07-19-09, 06:47 PM
good point lol. You can always go threw the weird places but be careful!

and alex is that Chris Hanson from to catch a preditor?? haha

OH3MGSVT
07-19-09, 06:53 PM
good point lol. You can always go threw the weird places but be careful!

and alex is that Chris Hanson from to catch a preditor?? haha

haha yes it is, i thought it was appropriate. and dont judge me :laughing:

AZSaleen04
07-21-09, 12:34 PM
Well I was able to get the loan and picked up the truck last night. Joddady thanks for your help and offer.

I went with Mountain American Credit Union and they were incredible. I would highly recommend them for anything. The office manager even brought the papers to my home for me to sign.

Casey39er
07-21-09, 07:09 PM
Good news!! Happy to hear it worked out for you. :laughing1:

I have always been a member of a Credit Union mostly just for the Auto Loans.

svtrichie
07-21-09, 09:03 PM
so lets see the new pics of the ride!!

HIKER
07-24-09, 01:59 PM
Last person you want to get advice from is a dealer.. Not sure why your own bank turned you down.. their loss. Check with others out there. If your credit is good you should have no problem. I just sold a 6 year old Harley 3 months ago at full book and the CU financed itat full book also.

My neighbor just bought a 3 year old Tacoma thru a bank and had no issues.

ThePunisher95
07-24-09, 05:54 PM
Got my truck a month ago almost with a loan. I dont shop at the dealers. Bunch of crooks there