PDA

View Full Version : do you remember my bolt problem?

WildBill
07-01-01, 08:49 PM
Hey man..........I can reply to any PMs.
I keep getting THIS DOODOO when I click ONCE!

1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 252382415 seconds.

WildBill
07-01-01, 08:51 PM
This board is totally fubar!! Lol!

ttocs
07-01-01, 09:06 PM
I said that because I had not been able to drive it in 8 months prior to taking it to them. I figured that it might take a little while to get all the parts so he might need to work on it in a couple of different days to get it together. I am going to go in next week and ask if I am still paying full price for this repair that is taking 10X longer then it should. At this point I could justify it taking so long if there was a discount on the repair but I think we all know how much of chance there is that will happen......

Nobody has any other advise?

ttocs
06-30-09, 07:56 PM
I can't get rid of it, let me re-cap if you have forgot or are new to the site in the last year. While swapping my gt's intake for a cobra intake a bolt broke in the head that holds down the lower. I tried 4 different back-out bits and none of them work(don't get me started and let me know if you need one). This went on for months as I was too frustrated to do much to it and was really in over my head mechanically. I finally found a good deal on a lightly used alluminum holley systemax heads and decided to bite the bullet, get the heads and have a shop swap the heads and cam(since I was in that far) and from there it should be a short build right? I found a shop that was not too far from me(east side) that was reputable and after explaining my situation to them they said to bring it in. I towed it in(on my AAA) to the shop in the end of march, brought all the parts I collected for all of it and while I knew my wallet was gonna take a hit but was relieved to think the job would be done and done well. I asked him to take a closer look at it to get a better look at the estimate since I knew the one he gave me by my description of the problem could be much different the the real problem. I figured it might take a few days to get all the parts, I was in no rush since it had sat since last summer so I told him there was no big rush. I figured that a 3-4 day job with the instructions of "no big rush" could take a couple of weeks, maybe a month right? After a week I stopped by to see what had been done, nothin yet. Two weeks, still nothing, a month later and still nothing. I tried calling rather then stopping in as it seemed more convinient but after leaving 3 unreturned messages I decided to just swing by again. In the 3.5 months it has been there they did take the factory heads off and installed the holley heads, but they did not replace the pushrods or the cam likew we talked so really nothing has been done. Today I was having a horrible day and decided why not make it worse and again stopped by. When I walked in he saw me and said that seeing me reminded him that he was going to make an order to ford racing performance so why not put my parts in on it?!

So it is plainly obvious that he doesn't want to work on the car right? In 3.5 months I refuse to believe that some of it could not have been done here or there or at least have the parts that we discussed ordered and maybe that estimate? As I said I am having the worst week of my life and infact asked my dr for something to help a little, this doesn't help. I wanted to have a good job done by a reputable professional shop that will last since I am never selling the momstang but now I don't know where to go......

Its weeks like this that I am really really glad I do not own a gun............
its weeks like this that everyone around me should be happy I don't own one.......

WildBill
06-30-09, 08:22 PM
That sucks man.

ttocs
06-30-09, 09:17 PM
dude why aren't you on the east side?????????? never heard a bad thing about you guys but I have heard more about the east side shops then I want to.....

WildBill
06-30-09, 09:49 PM
dude why aren't you on the east side?????????? never heard a bad thing about you guys but I have heard more about the east side shops then I want to.....

Sorry dude!

For a nominal fee, I can come and get it my race trailer.

Jacostang
06-30-09, 10:22 PM
Get it over to PSR and let them fix it for you!!!!!!!!

stormin
07-01-09, 03:53 AM
The big mistake I've learned is to say you're not in a hurry for it.
stormin