PDA

View Full Version : Photo Radar Update...Adding Points

CCStang
06-19-09, 01:27 PM
You got to love the state of Arizona and it's lazy a** way to generate revenue. However, check out the latest in the land of "say cheese" and the direction they're heading.

http://thenewspaper.com/news/28/2812.asp

Of course points = higher insurance rates.

Easy on the throttle, if this passes, cause now there might be no way around it costing you.

ASUSMC
06-19-09, 02:09 PM
The only legal way for them to award points to your license is to have an officer witness the action and serve you with the ticket. The reason they don't add them now is that it is through a third party company and it is a civil action not a traffic offense.

WildBill
06-19-09, 05:24 PM
THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!!!!!

The following lobbied on behalf of adding points to freeway tickets:

* Wendy Briggs, American Insurance Association
* Lanny Hair, Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Arizona
* Don Hughes, American Family Insurance
* Don Isaacson, State Farm Insurance
* Ellen Poole, USAA Insurance
* Mike Williams, Arizona Highway Patrol Association
* Redflex Traffic Systems of Australia

CCStang
06-19-09, 06:14 PM
The only legal way for them to award points to your license is to have an officer witness the action and serve you with the ticket. The reason they don't add them now is that it is through a third party company and it is a civil action not a traffic offense.

I agree with you! The thing is, points are added to your license right now if you are caught on cam exceeding 20 or above. Read the following::: http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/265503 . Ok...everyone here would agree 20 or above is insane! However, it's still speeding if one is over the posted speed limit + 10 more. Or at least that must be what is going through the minds of the state's lawmakers. So to them why not add the points. It's still speeding.

I for one would like to make a suggestion to flood their emails and write letters protesting the fact of even considering this as law.

99WhiteGT
06-19-09, 07:10 PM
Ok...everyone here would agree 20 or above is insane!

I disagree with that. Now im not saying its ok, what i am saying is that most of us have fast cars, and i have a hard time believing that nobody here has gone 85 on the freeway. I go that fast sometimes, i have a fast car and i get a little antsy sometimes. Now for the fact of photo radar, you just have to be smarter then the average driver, it gives you a half a mile warning on the stationary ones, and a warning on the van ones

Just my .02cents

CCStang
06-19-09, 07:19 PM
Ummm, I stand corrected...most everyone. lol

Several stationary locations here on the north side only give 300'.

AZSonicSnake
06-19-09, 07:49 PM
wow. this is just amazing. and these a-holes are people that we vote into office? wow. i simply do not see how all this bs is making it past. why is it they can pass this stuff right away but yet the effort to kill the camera takes years? geez...

Torchmach
06-19-09, 08:47 PM
Photo Radar is so much BS it is unbelievable. You can easily argue against it, as an infringment of our Constitutional, and Civil Rights (Has anyone else read George Orwells 1984???).

If they really want to make the roads safer, they would ban text messaging, require cell phones to be hands free when driving, and have people come back in, and retake the written part of the drivers exam every four years to renew your drivers license. The average driver is lazy, inconsiderate, and easily distracted. When I first got my license we were told that driving is a privalage, not a right. It looks like you can get your drivers license out of a Cracker Jack box today. Lets take responsablity for our own actions.

ttocs
06-20-09, 06:34 AM
I use state farm and that pisses me off that my insurance company supports bleeding me a little more......... I have been considering lookin around and this might be the final straw.

1966PonyGirl
06-22-09, 12:23 PM
just to spin off of your soapbox rant, i want to add to your list, DRIVERS TODAY DONT EFFING CARE HOW THEY DRIVE OR WHO THEY HURT!!!!! ok... i might be a bit sensitive about the drivers today because of my new mustang got smashed due to some dumb broad DIDNT CARE AND PAY ATTENTION!!! lazy, dont care, kamakazi *&$%&&*$%( sunday drivers!!! From what i seen, speeding is just a part of a larger problem.

Photo Radar is so much BS it is unbelievable. You can easily argue against it, as an infringment of our Constitutional, and Civil Rights (Has anyone else read George Orwells 1984???).

If they really want to make the roads safer, they would ban text messaging, require cell phones to be hands free when driving, and have people come back in, and retake the written part of the drivers exam every four years to renew your drivers license. The average driver is lazy, inconsiderate, and easily distracted. When I first got my license we were told that driving is a privalage, not a right. It looks like you can get your drivers license out of a Cracker Jack box today. Lets take responsablity for our own actions.

CCStang
06-22-09, 10:26 PM
just to spin off of your soapbox rant, i want to add to your list, DRIVERS TODAY DONT EFFING CARE HOW THEY DRIVE OR WHO THEY HURT!!!!! ok... i might be a bit sensitive about the drivers today because of my new mustang got smashed due to some dumb broad DIDNT CARE AND PAY ATTENTION!!! lazy, dont care, kamakazi *&$%&&*$%( sunday drivers!!! From what i seen, speeding is just a part of a larger problem.

Curious, what happened?

1966PonyGirl
06-22-09, 10:49 PM

CCStang
06-23-09, 07:49 AM

1966PonyGirl
06-23-09, 06:26 PM
Dang! That's not good. She must had been blind or texting or...I don't know. It's anybody's guess. Hope all turns out alright for you at settling this issue.

Thank you! so far my insurance company is working on it. I just wish the cop would post the report online. suppose to be up in 5 days.... its almost been a month.

FalconGTHO
06-24-09, 02:04 AM
Wow, sorry to hear, Roxy.