PDA

View Full Version : Photo radar ticket question

Gene
06-04-09, 04:10 PM
I got a ticket for going 66 in a 55 westbound on the I-10 (phx). No where does it say how much the ticket is or if I get to go to traffic school. It says to sign the bottom half of the paper with an enlarged copy of your drivers license. Should I send it in? or ignore it an take my chances with the process server? Bottom line, I dont want to go to court and if I have to pay it, i'd rather just cut them a check and be done with it.

El Jefe
06-04-09, 05:42 PM
You can go to class if you havent in the last 2 years. Should have a court name on there, if not call the country court house and they should be able to tell you if you can and where to go and how much it is. Class is only 4 hours now, at least down here. Plus you dont want your ins company putting a point on for 3 years.

AZSonicSnake
06-04-09, 06:37 PM
I got a ticket for going 66 in a 55 westbound on the I-10 (phx). No where does it say how much the ticket is or if I get to go to traffic school. It says to sign the bottom half of the paper with an enlarged copy of your drivers license. Should I send it in? or ignore it an take my chances with the process server? Bottom line, I dont want to go to court and if I have to pay it, i'd rather just cut them a check and be done with it.

by signing it and sending it in your waving your right to be served. me personally, i'd make them serve it to me.

Mr. Austin
06-04-09, 06:41 PM
i got one a while back and i never sent it in. still never been served. after about three photo radar tickets they will serve you. (so i have heard)

AZSonicSnake
06-04-09, 07:17 PM
so far as i know the photo radar tickets don't carry any points, or count against your record. its just a 181 dollar fine and thats it.

there is a ton of good info on this site...

http://camerafraud.wordpress.com/

fazm
06-04-09, 09:04 PM
my mom has ignored 3 and never been served. my sister one, and 2 for me.

wickedcobra
06-04-09, 09:41 PM
I got one back in Feb on the I-17 and havent been served yet. Now that I said that Im sure it will happen but......My ticket says there are now points added to your driving record. So class is not needed???? Read your a bit more carefully and see if your says that too. If so, make them serve you.

fazm
06-04-09, 10:06 PM
they have 90 days to serve you

HIKER
06-05-09, 01:39 PM
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING

DO NOT PAY ANYTHING

DO NOTHING

They have to serve you within 90 days. That's the law.

Only 1 in 4 get served, if that. There's a guy in another forum I frequent that was server and said they are so backed up and the state is cutting funding to pay servers.

I have been flashed three times in my old Mustang and never recieved anything.

If you get served, worry about it then. It will only cost you $20 more, IF THEY SERVE YOU...

AZSaleen04
06-05-09, 02:03 PM
Great to know!

billyboss
06-05-09, 07:27 PM
do not go to the web address provided on the ticket, that is acknowledging that you recieved it

Mr. Austin
06-06-09, 01:02 AM
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING

DO NOT PAY ANYTHING

DO NOTHING

They have to serve you within 90 days. That's the law.

Only 1 in 4 get served, if that. There's a guy in another forum I frequent that was server and said they are so backed up and the state is cutting funding to pay servers.

I have been flashed three times in my old Mustang and never recieved anything.

If you get served, worry about it then. It will only cost you $20 more, IF THEY SERVE YOU...
Thanks for the info ill remember that :)

AZ SVT
06-07-09, 09:41 AM

Shred it and forget it.

As stated previously, the chances of your being served are less than one in four. It does not count as points on your driving record. And, if you are served, the additional cost of, $20 was a good gamble.

Note: If you ignore your doorbell as, "Stranger danger," the odds of being served are greatly diminished. :icon_cool:

ttocs
06-07-09, 10:49 AM
ahhh good to know people! I got one early last year and did the class and swore I would make them serve me next time.

1966PonyGirl
06-07-09, 10:59 AM
If anyone is intrested and gung ho on getting rid of the cameras:

http://meetup.camerafraud.com (http://meetup.camerafraud.com/)

Mr. Austin
06-07-09, 01:16 PM
ahhh good to know people! I got one early last year and did the class and swore I would make them serve me next time.

how long was you class? my moms was and 8 hour class starting at 7 in the morning

ttocs
06-07-09, 11:44 PM
mine last year was 4 hrs. They told a funny story at the beginning of a local government official that was at an old 8hr class that answered alot of questions, and then a few months later it was changed to 4 hrs. coincidence?

Marc
06-11-09, 10:57 PM
I had to pay one in Germany. I would of ignored it, but being in the military, we were pretty much told to pay our debts to our partner country. I was speeding on the autobahn. Yes, in certain places (like exits and nearby towns), you have to slow down.

ttocs
06-11-09, 11:48 PM
I think I would frame a ticket from the audobahn......

Mr. Austin
06-12-09, 01:03 AM
I think I would frame a ticket from the audobahn......

+1 !!! how much was it for in us? and how fast were you going to get a ticket on the audobahn

stormin
06-12-09, 02:47 AM
Very interesting topic.They always send them out to us but you can appeal and ask forgiveness
IF you have a good record.Aussies aren't known to to pay their fines. Article on the news about them the other night where the point was made our 8 states and territories are owed over 1 BILLION dollars in unpaid traffic fines.
Stormin

AZ SVT
06-12-09, 01:51 PM
Very interesting topic.They always send them out to us but you can appeal and ask forgiveness
IF you have a good record.Aussies aren't known to to pay their fines. Article on the news about them the other night where the point was made our 8 states and territories are owed over 1 BILLION dollars in unpaid traffic fines.
Stormin

Hey Norm,
$1,000,000,000.00 :jaw-dropping: That's a lot of zero's!

I'm sure there is a few million dollars unpaid, just in the Phoenix valley. I have no idea what the total would be for the entire US.

All the best,
Charlie

SloSVO
06-12-09, 07:24 PM
so if you get one with out of state plates your even better off the hook... I'm sure they will serve you in california

Stangme
06-14-09, 07:05 AM
Go to the below link and enter your name, it will tell you what actions have been filed on you, your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your friends, your boss etc...
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/