PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500...

BLK03SVT
05-24-09, 02:28 PM
Seems to get more boring each year. A few good passes, but all in all a lot of follow-the-leader type racing.

Looks like corproate sponsorship was weak as the same 5 commercials were played over and over again, although that Patrick is one fine piece of arse....

OH3MGSVT
05-24-09, 03:42 PM
Seems to get more boring each year. A few good passes, but all in all a lot of follow-the-leader type racing.

Looks like corproate sponsorship was weak as the same 5 commercials were played over and over again, although that Patrick is one fine piece of arse....

I know from experience dude, me and her got it on WOO WEE! (name that movie)

BLK03SVT
05-24-09, 03:43 PM
No you don't.......

lol....that Veronica Vaughn is one fine piece of arse....

Torchmach
05-24-09, 04:50 PM

I have to agree, and I am a big fan of Open Wheel Racing. I lost interest after Marco Andretti, and Graham Rahal dropped out. There is a new Engine/Chassis formula on the way, but right now the Japanese and European manufactures are the only ones intrested. Understandably Ford has more important things to do with thier money.

Mr. Austin
05-24-09, 05:39 PM
i once knew a guy who did haha could you imagine? i love Chris. R.I.P.

Mr. Austin
05-24-09, 05:39 PM
o.h. P.s. NO YELLING ON THE BUS!

BLK03SVT
05-24-09, 05:55 PM
It's just too bad, I really used to enjoy the 500, and was hoping to see it in person one day. It's sad to see it the way it is after all the history that is involved with it.

Torchmach
05-24-09, 10:47 PM
It's just too bad, I really used to enjoy the 500, and was hoping to see it in person one day. It's sad to see it the way it is after all the history that is involved with it.

It has been in kind of a downward ebb, but CART and the IRL have patched things up, and united after all these years, so hopfully, it should be looking up. The ecomomy has to get better first, get some more sponsors involved.

You should go at least once, just to see the enormous size of the place, and scale of involvement of the local community.

They need more American drivers, and Manufactures involvement, IMO. I have a hard time rooting for a Brazilian Diver, in a Honda powered Car.

BLK03SVT
05-25-09, 10:32 AM
It has been in kind of a downward ebb, but CART and the IRL have patched things up, and united after all these years, so hopfully, it should be looking up. The ecomomy has to get better first, get some more sponsors involved.

You should go at least once, just to see the enormous size of the place, and scale of involvement of the local community.

They need more American drivers, and Manufactures involvement, IMO. I have a hard time rooting for a Brazilian Diver, in a Honda powered Car.

I've been to the track, but not during the 500. I hear the whole weekend is just a great time....I take it you have gone? What year did you go?

I agree with you on the mfr and driver. A strange combo indeed. I think that is the major reason I don't like it much- no american auto manufacturer involvement. I guess it's understandable that their money is better spent elsewhere nowdays.

HIKER
05-25-09, 11:42 PM
IRL/Cart type racing has changed into a more international crowd because it's so hard and expensive to get into F1. I hear there are going to be two Americans in F1 next year but haven't heard any names yet.

I watched a little of Indy... Gets boring after a few laps of left, straight, left, straight, left......... I'd rather watch Indycars on a road course.

The F1 race Sunday was great. Those guys make Indy drivers look like go karts at the Mini Putt Palace.

I'd sure like to see Danica jump up to F1 but I think I have a better chance at winning the lottery then that happening.

HIKER
05-25-09, 11:43 PM
Enjoy.............

http://www.topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/danica-patrick-2.jpg