PDA

View Full Version : craigslist stangs

ttocs
05-20-09, 10:00 PM
wow this one is rare

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/1166960317.html

This one is even more rare, especially for the price. not sure what the scam is.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/1181229498.html

Mr. Austin
05-21-09, 12:03 AM
that last one i HIGHLY doubt

Way to good to be true

Rev'n Kevin
05-21-09, 01:24 AM
This is the same car that sold on eBay a year ago for $17,000 I know because I tried to buy it, I got beat out of it by a sniper, the car came from a dealer in Utah, I talked to him about the car after it was sold, I still have the vin number and car fax on it, at the time it sold it had less than 300 miles on it. I'm curious enough to see if it is the same car that I've emailed him, we'll see if it is the real deal, if it is legit and he still has it, I'll bring it to the cruise-in friday nite.:biglaugh:

ttocs
05-21-09, 08:42 AM
I am prettys sure the cobra R is some kind of scam as I thought I saw the EXACT same add with the same pics a couple of weeks ago for $28k which was still a pretty good price.

Been seeing alot of these $4800 BS cars on there lately, must be the new nigerian scam or something.

$100 says they come bach saying that someone is sick or that they lost their job and just need $4800 to fix thier problem, and there are 4 other people on their way to the house at THIS VERY MOMENT so if you want the car you better hurry.......

AZSonicSnake
05-21-09, 08:53 AM
i'd allmost bet that the cobra r is just missing a zero on the price. otherwise, 100% scam!!!

Dan
05-21-09, 09:02 AM
same here ....

last cobra R i seen went for well over 30k

Rev'n Kevin
05-21-09, 11:37 AM
Yep, classic scam, here's the email reply the scammer is sending out....

Hello and thank you for question,

The 1995 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra "R" with only 5,500 miles is in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged and never kept outside. I`m a single mother with 2 children because I divorced with my husband and after the divorce I own this car, I don`t need it and that`s why I`m selling it so cheap. The price for the car is $4800 with shipping included. We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety. I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).

Thanks,
Maria

hahaha, total BS, wonder how many idiots are gonna get sucked into this one, how come they just don't place an ad that says "Hello, I am a scam artist in living in nigeria, looking for suckers to send me money"

ttocs
05-21-09, 02:39 PM
how can we turn that around for a change? I am unemployed and have the time to F with someone if we could figure out a good way to do this. It would be entertaining to me to mess with a scammer for a change.......

Dan
05-21-09, 03:40 PM
how can we turn that around for a change? I am unemployed and have the time to F with someone if we could figure out a good way to do this. It would be entertaining to me to mess with a scammer for a change.......

oh tell her that you have some extra time on your hands and want to fly in and look at the car personaly and they you will pay in cash and drive it back ..... that should do the trick

BOOMSHAKALAKA
05-24-09, 09:40 PM
O man I hate these people. Especially the ones who try and buy your car from. Trying to sell my Mom's GT, I got about 5 emails a day saying that someone will come down to look at the car and I need to basically send the car in the mail...

The sad part is that it must work because people are doing it ALL the time!

Mr. Austin
05-25-09, 12:11 PM
U need to post that. no scams. I dunno why but it works (sometimes)

D3VST8R96GT
05-25-09, 04:00 PM
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

funny scam story i found awhile ago

Dan
05-26-09, 10:34 AM
wow that is the best

BOOMSHAKALAKA
05-26-09, 11:11 AM
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

funny scam story i found awhile ago

I am totally using that from now on lol!!

RockysMom
05-26-09, 09:09 PM
Well the last post is flagged for deletion, so someone must have reported it.