PDA

View Full Version : Street Bike Warriors

Mr. Austin
05-20-09, 12:41 AM
Curious about some bikes. looking into them and am a huge fan of the GSXR 750 but.. really like the new ZX-6R Looking to see opinions and see how bikes have effect some people's opinion. i Know that the ZX-6R is ninja and they have been the Street bike kings for a long time. They are both "smaller" bikes with plenty of power

Jodaddy
05-20-09, 01:03 AM
gsxr's are for queers! Its all about the YAMAHA! a good R6 will last you your life time, plus you need to remember kawaSUCKI and SoSUCKI, and you'll never go wrong. O and the CBR's from Honda are nice bikes to. But your a noob so if u get a 750cc+ your just freakin stupid lol. I love my R6

About2Bite
05-20-09, 02:08 AM
Wow....

Well the ZX6R is definitely a nice bike, but I am big fan of the 636 the 05/06 model year was probably the sexiest ninja ever created.
The GSXR600 is an extremely nice bike, my buddy had one and I would say it was sick.
The Yamahas are alright, but I don't know about buying a bike from a company that makes guitars haha

On a seious note any newer 600 is going to be more than enough power

I have an 06 ZX6R with just a few mods and it's just as fast if not faster than my Cobra. These bikes are no joke and unless you have experience I would not recommend starting on anything bigger than a 600.

Oh and I would also never buy a bike new again, too much $$ you're throwing away.

Just my .02

ChuckD
05-20-09, 07:54 AM
You seen what I got, you should get one.

Mr. Austin
05-20-09, 11:11 AM
Wow....

Well the ZX6R is definitely a nice bike, but I am big fan of the 636 the 05/06 model year was probably the sexiest ninja ever created.
The GSXR600 is an extremely nice bike, my buddy had one and I would say it was sick.
The Yamahas are alright, but I don't know about buying a bike from a company that makes guitars haha

On a seious note any newer 600 is going to be more than enough power

I have an 06 ZX6R with just a few mods and it's just as fast if not faster than my Cobra. These bikes are no joke and unless you have experience I would not recommend starting on anything bigger than a 600.

Oh and I would also never buy a bike new again, too much $$ you're throwing away.

Just my .02

Ya kno i would get the 750 because of the looks but i have heard from several people that the 600 can actually pass them 750 with a simple tune up. i LOVE the ZX6R they are my new sexiest bike. Mikes r6..HAHa yer so funny buddy. He says it will last alife time and he cant ride his r6 because its over heating and leaking from the radiator. hahaha

" Oh and I would also never buy a bike new again, too much $$ you're throwing away"

As for that thank you very much. that some of the info i was looking for and opinion i was looking for. :)

HIKER
05-20-09, 12:40 PM
I've been riding and racing bikes for over 35 years and used to have favorite brands. I was always into Kawi's. Even today I could still work on some of the earlier big bore models blindfolded. I've owned Kawi's, Yam's. Susi's, and HD's After a while you'll realize all bikes are great no matter what brand. All metric bikes will outlast you longer then you'll own it.

Test ride a few, each brand has different charactistics(sp). Don't worry about the brand, worry more about handling, comfort, and looks.

Is this your first bike..?...if so, I would go any bigger then a 600 right now. Todays 600's ara like yesterday's 1000's.

I'm not sure what brand makes these, but if I was going to buy a crotch rocket, I'd be looking for one that has the exhaust running up thru the frame and out under the rear cowl. They not only look bad, it has to help the balance of the bike. Nothing looks odder then a massive canister hanging off one side.

Good luck....

Mr. Austin
05-20-09, 01:39 PM
wow I don't think any one could hve put that any betterthanks very much!

AZSnake98
05-20-09, 06:37 PM
gsxr's are for queers! Its all about the YAMAHA! a good R6 will last you your life time, plus you need to remember kawaSUCKI and SoSUCKI, and you'll never go wrong. O and the CBR's from Honda are nice bikes to. But your a noob so if u get a 750cc+ your just freakin stupid lol. I love my R6

bahahahaha! sorry. couldn't help but laugh at this post. A yamaha owner talkin shit about suzuki. Comical.

AZSnake98
05-20-09, 06:41 PM
I'd be looking for one that has the exhaust running up thru the frame and out under the rear cowl. They not only look bad, it has to help the balance of the bike. Nothing looks odder then a massive canister hanging off one side.

Good luck....

Have you ever sat on a seat with undertail exhaust? HOT AS HELL. extremely uncomfortable. And you can throw an exhaust can about a quarter mile. they don't weigh anything, and it doesn't do anything to the balance of a bike.

Mr. Austin
05-20-09, 09:01 PM
Now what about the GSXR 750? it has about a 1' muffler comin out the side and doesnt go all the way up. thats why i am so attracted to to it

About2Bite
05-20-09, 11:18 PM
Have you ever sat on a seat with undertail exhaust? HOT AS HELL. extremely uncomfortable. And you can throw an exhaust can about a quarter mile. they don't weigh anything, and it doesn't do anything to the balance of a bike.

The seat does not get hot.

The stock exhaust I pulled out from my bike weighed A LOT, expecially in comparison to the the new slip on I installed.

The side mount setups are more annoying than anything, they get very hot after riding for a while and I'm sure the chick someone has on the back would rather not get burnt. Either way the exhaust is not something that I would take into consideration when looking at a bike.

The most important thing is it's comfort, not even riding it, but just sitting on it at the dealer is enough to know if it fits you or not. Again, any bike you get will perform, I gurantee you that you will not ever use the bike to its full potential on the street and even after a lot of riding a the track you'll not have mastered even a Yamaha (haha) 600. I love hitting the twistes so this 636 I have now is all I need. I may one day up to a 1000 but not anytime soon. I have a Two Bros exhaust, K&N, dyno tune, and Power Commander III, I plan on adding +3 in the rear which should hopefully give me some crazy acceleration. Once that's done I'm sure this thing will be more than enough for me for a very long time.

Here is a pic of mine :bouncy:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg213/KB2004Cobra/P1020523.jpg

The exhaust on the GSXRs is very nice, it's lighter and sounds very good stock, this is why many are going this route and it suprises me that Kawi has not followed them.

If you do pick up a bike just remember that it's very dangerous. Nobody sees them. Always wear a helmet, rocks hitting you in the face at 60 mph hurts like hell. You'll hear this a lot so get use to it :pinkthumb:

Josh

Mr. Austin
05-20-09, 11:41 PM
i have ridden my dad harley several times. i know about the rock and bug part. not fun/. i have been hit on a his already. and still not afraid. whether im lloking for a death wish or not i am getting one. P.s. i am going to steal that bike. ;) B-E-A- UTIFULL!!!!

Mr. Austin
05-21-09, 12:00 AM
if i only had money right now... :(

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/1177198659.html

ttocs
05-21-09, 08:46 AM
I had a cbr600f2 back when the f2s were cool. I traded it for 3 broken metacarpels(the slowest bone in the body to heal I found out), a broken collar bone, and 40 stitches in the back of my head and 3 pins and a screw! When I start dreaming of getting another I just scratch the scar on the back of my head, I scratch my head alot.......

Mr. Austin
05-21-09, 09:06 AM
:) Bummer dude. i got hit going across an intersection some ady ran a red and hit the back of the bike and spun the bike around about 4 or 5 times. my dad caught the bike and she ended up screwing up the rear frame pipes and rim.

HIKER
05-21-09, 10:43 AM
Nice bike Bite... I dig the exhaust..

HIKER
05-21-09, 11:04 AM
Due to a bad back, racing style bikes are out for me. The last one I owned was a 1990 ZX-7. Great bike.

Today I ride a Dyna Super Glide

http://members.cox.net/gtofan/HD99.jpg

Very comfortable for a Harley and lots of torque..