PDA

View Full Version : Sold my Stang :(

JoeT
05-14-09, 08:27 PM
Well the economy has killed my business, so with that comes some sacrifices. I traded in my Mustang and my Hummer last week for a 2008 Lincoln Navigator 4x4. :dunno:

With me being Pony less. I'm sort of a deactivated member for now.

When you go from 150k a year income to 30k to this point something has to give. So with me having 2 homes and 6 vehicles, 8 if you count my Brute Force Quads with only my 1980 Trans Am paid off I had to figure a way to cut back. My house in Overgaard won out over the Mustang.

I literally shed a few tears when the dealership took my keys and drove it to the back of the building somewhere, they sold it immediately.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop a note to let you know why Ive been away. You guys are the best! At some point down the road Ill be back with an even better Stang. There all pretty cool so you cant go to wrong.

I just couldn't justify anymore paying 550 a month for a car I rarely drive. When you have excess that's fine but when its tougher times ya gotta be realistic!

Hey things could be worse I could have gotten rid of my toy and be car less, I mean I did get a brand new Navigator after all, so things aren't that bad. Which is really sweet btw!

So there it is. Ive had 2 stangs in my life and there will definitely be a 3rd but it probably wont be a brand new model. Actually prices on Classic stangs are coming down.

Ill be around from time to time. No need to change my calls Trish I still wanna know what you guys are up to, I believe in the Copperstate Mustang Club and I think you all are a great bunch of people!

Jacostang
05-14-09, 11:40 PM
Joe, thats too bad buddy but just because you dont have a Mustang doesnt mean your not in our family!!!

JoeT
05-15-09, 12:46 AM
Thanks Dave! You cant possibly know how hard this was to do in the first place, but I just couldn't keep up with all the bills. 2 car payments totaling 1300 a month plus full coverage insurance on 2 cars. At least now I only have 1 car payment with insurance, savings? 585 a month! That's roughly my payment for the house in Overgaard.

Ill be around. I tried to hold off until after Steamboat but it just didn't work out that way.

I'm sad that I don't have the Stang, but its not that rough driving around a Lincoln Navigator, at least its a Ford. I also needed a big vehicle because I have dogs that I take up North.

Mostly just tightening the belt with the economy the way it is. Im not fooled, the Government is moving into every aspect of our World, that makes me nervous. Banks, Credit Card Companies, Real Estate, Auto Manufacturers. Dont get me started :laughing:

Wonder if PSR will Dyno Tune a Navigator!

One piece of advise to anyone with a SCT Tuner, be sure you return the vehicle to stock if you sell the vehicle or SCT will charge 150.00 to clear the Tuner, plus shipping both ways.

Anyone know a trick to get around that sure would like some advice! Having a 400.00 paper weight sure pisses me off. I just didn't think about it at the time, by the time I realized it the car was already sold.

I'm going to do a few things to the Navigator to get a few more horses out of the 5.4 motor. I've called a few places and they act like I'm on crack for wanting to Tune a Navigator.

AZSonicSnake
05-15-09, 11:51 AM
sorry to hear it man, but don't be a stanger. your still a car guy! and your part of the family. just because life got in the way of owning a stang don't mean you can't hang out anymore!

RockysMom
05-15-09, 04:49 PM
I know Joe that its too late, But I rebought rocky and they lowered my payments by 200.00, all I did was call Ford Credit and they did this for me. They dont want the vehicles so if they can work with you they will. They also lowered my interest too 9%. I am glad your still staying with the club, Even though you can be a royal pain in my butt sometimes hehehehe. JK. Hugs to your and your wife :) Trisha

JoeT
05-15-09, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the nice words. Unfortunately I just had to make this decision. I also wasn't through Ford with the Stang, I was with Desert Schools and unfortunately my rate with them was 6% they weren't going any lower, in fact when I called about trying to refinance they told me that my rate could not get lower, that in fact with the economy it would go up. They gave me good money for the Stang, more than I could have gotten selling it out right.

Don't worry Trish even though I wont be there all the time giving you a hard time, I'll still be thinking about it!

This is a temporary thing, frankly I could have afforded to keep everything, however, as everyone sees the car dealerships closing I knew it was the best time to do this. Justin Case!

Personally, with me being in the financial end of things I sort of have inside information with all of the major banks and no matter what you hear on the news things are not getting better. I just didn't want to put my wife and I in a spot I couldn't get out of later if the economy worsens.

My dues are current for awhile so Ill be around. Contemplated coming tonight for the Burgers but I'm in Overgaard in the cooler weather. Today's high here 83!

HanksGT
05-15-09, 09:01 PM
Glad you did whats best for you. But DON'T be a stranger. Come on out and join us when you can!

[quote=JoeT;61917]Well the economy has killed my business, so with that comes some sacrifices. I traded in my Mustang and my Hummer last week for a 2008 Lincoln Navigator 4x4. :dunno:quote]

Blackmagic1
05-16-09, 11:33 AM
:icon_cry: Sorry to hear about yer horse,Joe. Hope you can find a good replacement in the future. Whats the color of your Nav ?AS for performance parts, all you need is to find a wrecked Ford GT and swap that 5.4. Whoo-Hoo 4 whl burnouts !! :pepper:

4Jenna
05-16-09, 06:53 PM
Stay in touch!!!!

-Chris

Jodaddy
05-17-09, 12:36 PM
sorry to see it go. But look on the bright side it just gives you the chance to start all over again.:biglaugh:

AZSaleen04
05-17-09, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear it but I completly understand. Those are similar numbers as I'm facing. When tough times become the toys need to go. I'm selling my Harley and have thought about letting the Saleen go as I don't drive it mouch. The best thing is you can always get new toys when the timing is right.

JoeT
05-19-09, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone! I wont be a stranger, at least I can come to some of the shows to help certain members in "Peoples Choice" my vote can be bought! :biglaugh: Just kidding!!

Ill be around. Frankly I'm just glad to have some extra stress off my mind. If I was gonna lose any toys I wanted it to be on my terms. Also I'm not getting any younger so spending every dime on stuff, just wasn't making sense. What if the economy doesn't get better, what if gas goes to 10.00 a gallon. Those are my concerns for the moment. I still have some toys, My 1980 Trans Am, my Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500 and my 2-Kawasaki 750 4 wheelers are what Ill have to suffer with for the time :laughing:

Unfortunately my career choice is excellent, but when the economy is down it's terrible.

My current long term plan, if I can hold off that long is to save and get the 50th anniversary of the Pony and just pay cash hopefully it wont be an electric car, well maybe, have you all seen the Tesla Roadster http://www.teslamotors.com/ 0-60 in 3.9 seconds
Makes the future look interesting. I doubt I'll go that long though. But the next one I get will be insane, whatever I get! Shelby, Rousch, Saleen, Cobra.