PDA

View Full Version : Drag Car Update

Rev'n Kevin
05-10-09, 01:27 AM
Well a lot of suggestions were made by the WWMC members and others here on the forum about making the car streetable, I've given it a lot of thought and I think I'll keep it a strip car. I just think it would be taking this car backwards to put it on the street.

Currently, I've taken the old RCI fuel cell out of it, I'm going to replace it with an aluminum, and thinking of ripping out the carpeting and rhino lining the floor. Sure is fun to be working on a car again. Another thing I was thinking of doing (later after I've run her a time or two) is replacing the rear hatchback with a fiberglass hatch and lexon window, it would shave off some poundage, maybe even put me in the 8 sec bracket, jeez, look at me already thinking of how I can make it faster, lol

Looks like it will be awhile before I can get my hands on a car hauler, your always welcome to stop by if you want to see the car up close and personal like. Might even have a WWMC tech nite one of these days, we haven't had one in quite a while.

1966PonyGirl
05-10-09, 03:24 PM
OMG! I would love to have a tech night!!!! we should make it a pot luck!

glad you keeping it drag, kevin! Also the fiberglass in hte back would make it much safer.

svtrichie
05-10-09, 05:35 PM
It better be real fast if it's on a trailer.

AZSonicSnake
05-10-09, 05:38 PM
It better be real fast if it's on a trailer.

my feelings exactly. :icon_cool:

Rev'n Kevin
05-10-09, 06:22 PM
Ya kinda my point, why would I want to slow the car down by making it streetable.

5.0Stanger
05-10-09, 08:48 PM
Looks pretty good.

Marc
05-10-09, 10:40 PM
Very impressive!

Ruckus46gt
05-10-09, 10:54 PM
didnt really see specs about the car but what exactly is making it not street legal beside tire and maybe lighting? Fast cars run and hook on drag radials so wouldnt think tire should be the main issue. Whats the motors comp. ratio etc ?

Mr. Austin
05-10-09, 11:24 PM
sound issues as well

Ruckus46gt
05-10-09, 11:31 PM
is it open headers or? Sound can also be an issue with certain classes just another thing to keep in mind. If its just dumped at the axle with race bullets you can go to a different muffler like a Magna flow, or borla xr1's and it will quiet it down and still make power. To be legal the exhaust only has to go to the back axles

4Jenna
05-11-09, 01:13 AM
Awesome Kevin!!

I to am interested in the specs

-Chris

Rev'n Kevin
05-11-09, 01:59 AM

Ruckus46gt
05-11-09, 02:14 AM
4.11 gears arent bad (or maybe i just think that cause i daily drove 4.30 gears for well over a year) for the street, but rpms would be up there with the c4. The spool would be fun for turns. Drag cars are never comfortable, but really only would need bigger fuel cell, turn signals, horn to make is street legal. Dont think wipers are needed (had mine off when got mine inspected not long ago). The car wouldnt be any slower with the changes if anything maybe a tenth or two with the bigger fuel cell depending on how much you throw in it for the track.

silvrsvt
05-11-09, 10:26 AM
when you taking it to the track??

maddme
05-11-09, 03:33 PM
Very cool! I can not wait to see you run her. :pepper:

Rev'n Kevin
05-11-09, 10:42 PM
when you taking it to the track??

Looks like fall would be the time, it will give me the summer to make any final additions, adjustments and get a trailer.

93mustank
05-11-09, 11:25 PM
Looks like the car is a bottle car.....Car would only run low 11's on motor if that.