PDA

View Full Version : News Alert: Rev'n Kev says bye to the 95

Rev'n Kevin
04-28-09, 12:36 AM
Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I posted and there is going to be some rumors start spreading out of the WWM club about my car. So I'll give you the low down it is true that after the Saturday Show I have sold my 95 GT Convertible, it was time to get into something else, I put a lot of work into the car and really hate to get rid of her, but I just want to go in another direction. I'm not saying goodbye to the Mustang though, as I have already replaced her.

I'll be changing the pic below real soon, with a whole lot different kind of stang, I will keep you in suspense for a little while, until I am ready to reveal her at the 91st and Northern Cruise, not this friday but maybe next. I will give you some hints to wet your appetite, she runs 500hp on the motor and 700hp on the bottle and Kenny will not be the only car in WWM with wheely bars. And she's a Fox, if you know what I mean. I'll tell you a little more later, but for now, just going to have some fun keeping you guessing as what I got, lol.

Oh, and message to Tony, I told you I might come back to the track after 30 years, if I found the right car.:highfive:

Rev'n Kevin
04-28-09, 12:40 AM
And before you guys start ragging on me, NO it does not have vertical doors and will NOT have, I have traded them for a chromemolly full roll cage, :biglaugh:

05mustangman
04-28-09, 01:32 AM
omg kev thats crazy!! wow i cant wait to see this beast!!! some competition for the new gt500 comin....

Rev'n Kevin
04-28-09, 01:45 AM
She'll be turn low 10's maybe high 9's after we get better aquatinted, lol.

Here's a little more specs for ya...

Scat crank
JE pistons
Moto Sports rods
Comp Com Hardened push rods
1.6 ratio rockers
Edelbrock performer heads
Performer intake manifold Q-Series
Pro Drag Carb 750C7M
ARP Bolts and studs
MSD 7AL-3 ignition control
Morose elect. water pump
Becoll radiator
Full Cromemolly cage
Strang engineering
Ford 9" rear 411 gears
Flaming River Rack & pinion steering

05mustangman
04-28-09, 03:29 AM
wow that is a very impressive list of mods right there!!! now i definitely cant wait to see it!

Blackmagic1
04-28-09, 10:41 AM
Will it be streetable ??

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-28-09, 11:01 AM
This suspense is WAYY better than any book or movie :laughing1:

ttocs
04-28-09, 11:59 AM
We never did the stereo though!

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-28-09, 12:47 PM
We never did the stereo though!
Me??

1966PonyGirl
04-28-09, 02:39 PM
holy canolly!!!!! i knew you were itchin for something new! i cant wait to see!

Rev'n Kevin
04-28-09, 06:49 PM
Well, it was a long ride back into town, and I was getting a lot of beeps and thumbs up with the new stang on the u-haul behind the hemi, I had to keep stopping myself from staring too long in the rear view mirror looking at her. I'm stoked for sure, here's some quick replys to the above, got to get something to eat and go back to the garage and do the Tony Stewart stare, I can't believe she's mine, now I just need money for a car hauler, lol.

1. wow that is a very impressive list of mods right there!!! now i definitely cant wait to see it!

That ain't all she's got, just the tip of the iceburg

2. Will it be streetable ??

No, she's track only, anyone know of a good deal on a car hauler?

3. This suspense is WAYY better than any book or movie

Glad your havin' as much fun with it as I am, lol

4. We never did the stereo though!

I know, and I was just about ready to do it, too.

5. holy canolly!!!!! i knew you were itchin for something new! i cant wait to see!

Resistance was futile

silvrsvt
04-28-09, 07:07 PM
this sounds pretty sweet! cant wait to see it

AZSonicSnake
04-28-09, 10:22 PM
resistance to the 1320 is futile. haha. congrats man!!

AZSonicSnake
04-28-09, 11:42 PM
hmmm.... ;)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1132061108.html

Rev'n Kevin
04-29-09, 01:08 AM
hmmm.... ;)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1132061108.html

And the winner is Tony, very good you figured it out, that's my new baby! The car originally came from Kentucky, was built as a drag car in Florida (yes, I did check it top to bottom, no rust, it was done right) the guy moved here a couple of months ago and got hard up for money and let her go. His loss, my gain, engine is worth more than that asking price he had listed, just too good a deal to pass up, that 351w is sooooo sweet, I got a book 3 inches thick with everything that was done to the car and all the receipts, there was a lot of money went into this bad boy, paint cost him $2000 alone not even a month ago. Sat down tonight with my summit catalog looking at some new meat for her and all I need now is a trailer. Best thing about this car, well not the best, but a very key feature was this car was not a salvage, it has a clear title, I went to dmv today and put the title in my name and got plates for it, I could if I wanted make it streetable. Even the car fax on this car showed everything good, no wrecks or nothing. Truely a great deal, you can't blame me for selling the 95 to buy this, heck I didn't have as much invested in my 95 as this guy had in the engine alone.

Bottom line, I fire this thing off and listen to the engine roar and I do mean roar (my poor neighbors) and I feel all warm and fuzzy, could be the av gas though, lol.:laughing1:

AZSonicSnake
04-29-09, 10:41 PM
very sick ride man! definetly a monster. i'd drive that bad dog on the street anyday! thats why they invented drag radials. hehe...

Rev'n Kevin
04-29-09, 11:39 PM
very sick ride man! definetly a monster. i'd drive that bad dog on the street anyday! thats why they invented drag radials. hehe...

Kinda thinkin' about Tony, I checked with Summit and they got a turn signal kit I can get, my headlights and running lights work, just like you say drag radials will work, but the one problem I wonder about is I have 1 3/4" BBK headers going into outlaw 3" mufflers and short tail pipes (end 3/4 the way under the car) I'm not worried about emissions as I am registered out of town, but she is LOUD, would it be legal to run like it is or would I have to change the exhaust, also what about wipers, do you have to have um to be legal here.

And then I'd have to get a bigger fuel cell. I just don't know, car hauler vs make it street legal, start a poll Burntire, lol.

AZSonicSnake
04-29-09, 11:58 PM
i have seen many cars without wipers. not sure on the legality, but i know my fox will not have them when its done. gonna gut the whole assembly to save weight. you would need some sort of muffler though, that i am sure on. you know your gonna wanna roll that monster out to 91st or 83rd. i know a trailer makes things easier, but whats the fun in owning a trailer queen?

Rev'n Kevin
04-30-09, 12:08 AM
i have seen many cars without wipers. not sure on the legality, but i know my fox will not have them when its done. gonna gut the whole assembly to save weight. you would need some sort of muffler though, that i am sure on. you know your gonna wanna roll that monster out to 91st or 83rd. i know a trailer makes things easier, but whats the fun in owning a trailer queen?

Ya never liked the trailer queen guys that could run on the street but don't.

I do have mufflers 3'' outlaws and real short exhaust but it is loud, but I've heard a camaro come into the cruise just as loud so I don't know, and sure can't afford a ticket to find out, lol

Mr. Austin
04-30-09, 12:14 AM
as long as your not stupid the cops wont care. scottsdale is the only place that cares about the noise. i remember becuase my dad got pulled over is scottsdale and they said it was too loud on his harley. everywhere else in the state it is legal

Rev'n Kevin
04-30-09, 12:22 AM
Everythings legal till you get caught, lol. And when did you ever know me to be stupid, :biglaugh:

1966PonyGirl
04-30-09, 05:17 PM
Everythings legal till you get caught, lol. And when did you ever know me to be stupid, :biglaugh:
ahem...per your converstation at the drive in..... NO COMMENT! lolololol!