PDA

View Full Version : Need New Speakers

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-07-09, 11:27 AM
So this past week my back left speaker went out. I think I want to replace all four speakers and I am not sure if I want to do a sub and amp. Any recommendations on speakers or if I should go sub?
Thanks!

Mr. Austin
04-07-09, 12:15 PM
+1 i am looking for some awsome 4x9

ttocs
04-07-09, 12:38 PM
budget normally decided what you can go with. I can help you guys with the install but when it comes to speaker choice everyone is different.

Do you have a mach system in the newer car?

Mr. Austin
04-07-09, 12:42 PM
haha when u say everyone is different is that an understatment? haha jk! i like mine to have kick to the song but have a tweater sitting above the 4x9 to give it more tune. Sorry to kinda but into you forum here boomie!

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-07-09, 01:04 PM
budget normally decided what you can go with. I can help you guys with the install but when it comes to speaker choice everyone is different.

Do you have a mach system in the newer car?

No I do not have the MACH 460 sound system.

ttocs
04-07-09, 03:36 PM
unfortunatly that means the reare speakers are a pain to remove. They are top loaded which means we will need to remove part of the back seat.

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-07-09, 03:45 PM
unfortunatly that means the reare speakers are a pain to remove. They are top loaded which means we will need to remove part of the back seat.
Ok. Well I have already replaced my rear seats and that was not hard at all. Is there a brand of speaker that you prefer?

El Jefe
04-07-09, 03:57 PM
Do you want hard bass or more of a clean sound and keep your trunk space?

That would narrow your choices down to some component 5x7's for the front and a sub/amp in the trunk or back seat. Or do like I am and replace the entire system with some nice 6.5's and no sub

ttocs
04-07-09, 04:07 PM
again, $? I am really not much of a salesman, just an installer. I am running diamond audio hex series speakers both in my stang and in my truck but you gotta pay to play those. Again everybody has a different idea of what sounds good. When it comes to speakers I would recomend taking your favorite cd to your local shop and listening to every speaker there......

04WhininCobra
04-07-09, 05:32 PM
andy(IMSHAKN) had a pretty bad ass stereo in his focus when he had it. we always listened to rock in the car and he had infinity speakers with an audiobahn sub. it sounded really clean but still bumped pretty hard. but he did dump a lot of money into it.

you should talk to him more about it.

evil281
04-07-09, 06:17 PM
Did you forget about your old buddy here who can get you wholesale prices?? lol

They have a nice display just grab your favorite cd and we can go see which speakers you like. plus i can install them for you

El Jefe
04-08-09, 05:59 PM
Guys - recommendations for some of the best 6.5's? Wont be running a sub so I need some punch! Also doesn't some company make those pre-fab'd mounting brackets for our doors for the 6.5's?

ttocs
04-08-09, 06:44 PM
check out diamond audio if you want some good speakers.

I don't know of anyplace that makes baffles. I have a set already made for some 5.25" speakers and could make a set for 6.5s if you want.