PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Jodaddy
03-08-09, 09:40 PM
Im lookin at probably buying the SCT Livewire programmer for my 2007 GT.

My question is where to get it from? I know at Americanmuscle.com if i buy it threw them they'll do free tunes for life (and since im not done adding stuff to my car thats great!)

BUT! I've heard a whole bunch of good talk bout Bamachips.com, so im kinda wondering if i would upgrade my car later on is it free tunes for life threw them too?? Any ideas??

Thanks,
Mike

BurnTire
03-08-09, 09:43 PM
Talk to American Muscle. They are a sponsor on this site. Also check with the other sponsors if you like.

WildBill
03-10-09, 12:17 PM
Mike
If you're looking for some interior bling bling and spending more money than needed, then by all means get the SCT Livewire.

Personally, I'd just get and Xcal3 and put the money saved towards your custom tune.
Call us and we'll give ya a quote for a custom tune for your car with your mods and the flasher unit as a package price.

ChuckD
03-10-09, 02:11 PM
Has the SCT customer service gotten better? Or is it all left to the dealers still.

WildBill
03-10-09, 02:51 PM
Has the SCT customer service gotten better? Or is it all left to the dealers still.

I CAN get things done with them..........with in reason naturally.

Personally, I've never had a problem with SCT service, but I've been doing business for over 5 years now.

If any of you guys have problems, gimme a call at the shop. I'll see if I can help.

Dan
03-10-09, 03:27 PM
Im lookin at probably buying the SCT Livewire programmer for my 2007 GT.

My question is where to get it from? I know at Americanmuscle.com if i buy it threw them they'll do free tunes for life (and since im not done adding stuff to my car thats great!)

BUT! I've heard a whole bunch of good talk bout Bamachips.com, so im kinda wondering if i would upgrade my car later on is it free tunes for life threw them too?? Any ideas??

Thanks,
Mike
we are local to you and a SCT dealer if you are interested. I would do a custom tune

Jodaddy
03-10-09, 05:17 PM
Sounds good to me. Are there any advantages to the Livewire or just the fact it does live monitoring when u buy the crap?? cuz honestly im just lookin to add some extra POWER too my pony and if its better ill drop the extra money. if not then ill save the money and get the other one with the programs from you guys.

WildBill
03-10-09, 05:35 PM
Sounds good to me. Are there any advantages to the Livewire or just the fact it does live monitoring when u buy the crap?? cuz honestly im just lookin to add some extra POWER too my pony and if its better ill drop the extra money. if not then ill save the money and get the other one with the programs from you guys.

Mike
It won't add any power over an Xcal3. You can't change tunes on the fly. if you want to use any of Livewire's functions, it has to be plugged up to your OBDII port. It's basically a flasher with some bells and whistles. I'd rather see you save the money difference and apply it to your custom tune.

The absolute one thing you never see or hear me say is to tell someone to spend needless money to meet their goals with their car......just ask Jeff about that. I never liked that when someone tried doing that to me in the past, so I won't do that to anyone else.

Jodaddy
03-10-09, 05:51 PM
i appreciate you telling me the truth and how it is. I'll deffinatly be getting the programmer and tunes from you. I only have one other question for ya. Ball park guess, how much am i lookin for 3 tunes and the programmer?

ChuckD
03-10-09, 05:55 PM
Bill I still don't like what they did to Jerry.

Jodaddy
03-10-09, 06:00 PM
and that was?

ChuckD
03-10-09, 07:03 PM
Jerry was the main force behind SCT. It was his knowledge of tuning and he knows Fords, he used to be an engineer for them, you know the 4R70W that was him. He was also an engineer for Roush on the stage 3. Long story short the board at SCT pushed him out even though he was a part owner. Afterward the customer service at SCT went south. Now they may have made a turn but I havent dealt with them since 05 when I had the PRP, and had 4 vehicles that I tuned and was always having to get a new key everytime I turned around. I am not saying that what they have now is bad, but Ken at Modular Depot had to get involved for one of his customers due to SCT not supporting the XCAL any more when the customer had the PRP. Now having someone like Bill on your side and going to bat for you then you will be ok.

Dan
03-10-09, 07:44 PM
Bill I still don't like what they did to Jerry.
what who did to Jerry? and what jerry are we talking about

WildBill
03-10-09, 08:16 PM
Yeah Chuck, I didn't much care of SCT's treatment of Jerry, but that sometimes happens and we don't really know all the story. I like Jerry a lot and was amazed at his tuning abilities. He's just like Chris J. and is able to look at a bunch of figures and knows exactly what to do. I have to have graphs to help me visualize better.:redface:

No one here has to worry about problems with SCT. I'm pretty sure I can work out all reasonable problems if they arise.

Jodaddy
03-10-09, 08:33 PM
so......how much am i lookin at??:icon_cool:

WildBill
03-10-09, 09:13 PM
so......how much am i lookin at??:icon_cool:

PM sent and awaiting rely on your mods