PDA

View Full Version : Vistancia Village car show!!!!

Mr. Austin
02-15-09, 03:55 PM
Vistancia Village Car Show Feb. 22nd Noon-4PM
Date Published: Feb 12, 2009

CLASSIC, COMPETITION AND COLLECTOR CARS TO HIGHLIGHT VISTANCIA'S INAUGURAL CAR SHOW IN PEORIA

The event will be held at Vistancia Marketplace located near the entrance to Vistancia at Vistancia Boulevard and El Mirage Road, west of the Walgreens parking lot. Vistancia is located northwest of Lake Pleasant Road and Happy Valley Parkway.

Free and open to the public, the show will feature a variety of vehicles, including a 1974 Camaro Z28 and 1968 Porsche, owned by Vistancia residents and local car club members.

Vistancia resident Gary Antku, who helped organize the event, will display his all-steel 1930 Model A Ford Deluxe Roadster which has a Buick V-6 engine, automatic transmission with disc brakes and dual exhaust.

A Peoria Police Department police cruiser and Peoria Firefighters fire engine will also be on display.

Entertainment will include a dance performance by LA Dance from noon to 1 p.m. and music by the Andie Ramirez Band, a local group that performs throughout Arizona.

Other activities, sponsored by Vistancia Marketplace businesses, include a pizza-eating contest, kids bounce houses, a caricaturist and more.

The event will also feature an on-site car pin striping service. The community will also collect canned food items to benefit a local food bank.
For questions about the event, contact Monica Hollins, Vistancia lifestyle director, at 623-215-8646. For information about the community, call 623-933-6233 or visit www.vistancia.com (http://www.vistancia.com/).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just wondering if there is anyone that has heard and is planning on heading over to this show! This article was found in Peoria Times.

AZSonicSnake
02-15-09, 05:00 PM
looks like a fun show! thanks for posting it up. :)

Mr. Austin
02-15-09, 07:29 PM
No problem. Car shows are fun when you meet new people. even more fun if you know people who are already there!!!

AZSonicSnake
02-15-09, 07:51 PM
exactly! i love going to them. had i not already bought tickets for the nhra finals that day i would likely join ya!

Mr. Austin
02-15-09, 08:01 PM
Yeah i kinda figured most of the folks on this site would be there but hey! im gunna go to this cuz i cant get tickets now

AZSonicSnake
02-15-09, 09:31 PM
its cool man! i think some are heading to a show in tucson too, but its good to have options! too much to do on the weekends right now! lol. why can't this stuff be more spread out!!

Mr. Austin
02-16-09, 10:25 AM
it either way to hot or too cold... for the older people at least. oh and the t-buckets :P but i agree mid some there will be nothing so get your fill of shows now!! :)

Mr. Austin
02-16-09, 12:34 PM
Just an update-

First 100 cars get goody bags and they will have an entire road block out so cars can show and people can cross the street!! will have many vendors including an on sit pin stripe guy.

Mr. Austin
02-19-09, 02:16 PM
Bump.