PDA

View Full Version : Update on Cruising Downtown Mesa

HIKER
01-25-09, 03:55 PM
Last night was not too bad for car turnout. Lots of people on the sidewalks watching. Way too many Chevys guys...come on.....wtf?

Here's the lastest scope. Cruising Main in Mesa is now a monthly event held every last Sat of the month. Feb 28th will be the next event. This started from a new group called www.concernedmesacruisers.org (http://www.concernedmesacruisers.org). This group and a few Main St business owners got together and had the city lift the no parking on Main St law except for where posted. I have to say the restaurants on Main were hoping last night. I few new bistros opened, and they are nice.

I guess there are pros and cons to this. Since the event is know monthly the hype will drop and be nothing like last years events. But on the other hand, it's great for local businesses. It's pretty cool to park your car right on Main and eat in an outdoor cafe while watching the rides..

Jacostang
01-25-09, 04:36 PM
I heard the turnout was ok and that most eateries closed around 8pm, from another club member. We have all the cruises on our calandar. Berge leased the corner lot of Mesa Drive to an RV dealer so we need to find another corner....I hope the cruising doesnt fade away but if the city doesn't embrace it it will...

HIKER
01-25-09, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I left at 8:30. A few of the nicer eaterys were still opn. There's a new bistro in the building where we parked next too last year in front of the Blimpie. Looks really nice.

I'm just hopeing the ricers don't start hangin out there.