PDA

View Full Version : barret jackson

Ruckus46gt
01-05-09, 04:07 PM
Anyone know what day the preview days are going to be?

edit found it the 12th is the preview day....Anyone going the 12th?

El Jefe
01-05-09, 04:57 PM
Ill be there that Friday

BLK03SVT
01-05-09, 07:23 PM
I'll be there that Thursday.

HIKER
01-05-09, 09:09 PM
Looks like Sunday with the wife and Thurdays with the guys...Can't wait..

blueoval
01-14-09, 07:48 AM
I'll be there Thursday, and then on to the others on Saturday. There is a huge gathering at Pavilions on Saturday morning, probably 2x the size of the normal Saturday night Pav's show. Gets going pretty early.

HIKER
01-14-09, 09:43 AM
I wish Speed had HD coverage of this show..

CDW63
01-14-09, 02:21 PM
Going on Friday with my 9 year old, has pretty much become a tradition.

wickedcobra
01-15-09, 11:29 AM
Is it open to the public this Saturday? Would like to take my wife and kids out there.

El Jefe
01-15-09, 02:56 PM
Open to the public Tues-Sun. Sat they open at 8am I bet

FalconGTHO
01-15-09, 10:39 PM
I wish Speed had HD coverage of this show..

Umm, they do? Its on five hours each night, ten on Friday, not sure how much on Sunday. The guys even talk about how great the cars look in HD on Speed.

Im debating on going Sat. I havent been there since 2000, maybe 99. The Sat price is out of sight now. Last time I went it was 20$ and I was bugged then. Now its 43$, up 3$ from last year. But, since gas is cheaper now and the weather is great, Im kinda getting the itch to go and get pics. And vid, this time, for the first time.

HanksGT
01-15-09, 11:07 PM
My 9 year old loves to go Sat eve to watch the crowd. Be prepared to pay $$$ for food if you're there awhile. And be sure to sign up for an off-road ride in the Ford Raptor.

Im debating on going Sat. I havent been there since 2000, maybe 99. The Sat price is out of sight now. Last time I went it was 20$ and I was bugged then. Now its 43$, up 3$ from last year. But, since gas is cheaper now and the weather is great, Im kinda getting the itch to go and get pics. And vid, this time, for the first time.

IMSHAKN
01-16-09, 12:23 AM
That raptor was awesome. The orange metallic one they have inside was absolutely gorgeous.

ttocs
01-16-09, 08:44 AM
I am going saterday. that is the best day to go.

I will check out the raptor, anything else worth checkin out?

HanksGT
01-16-09, 09:19 AM
Everything! No joke, there is alot to see. 4 hours Wednesday and probably most of Sunday trying to really see it all. The tent with the (sorry for this)GM historic collection is worth several hours reading the description cards of all the vehicles. '94 Impala wagon with a vette drive train used for testing. a 96 vette mule prototype. H2 slant back prototype. Solstace used in the Transformers movie. GMC used in CSI:Las Vegas built by GM just for the tv show. 300 vendors from a 62' houseboat to a helocopter and private jet. And of course the Ford display as you walk in-2010 Mustang on thiers sides for display and Shelbys all over. 2 years ago GM decided to move away from the entrance, since the Ford booth was mobbed and GM was empty. The main tent has Bently Azure's(sp?), a replica 1966 Batmobile (I know incorrectly Chevy powered) buy cool looking. I could go on. I've taken 200 photos so far.

Can't wait to see the 500 cars at Russo & Steele today @4pm with the rest of the Mustang club. The owner, Drew Alcazar is generous for inviting us. He was a real gentelmman at our fall show, personally entering and driving his own Mustangs in the show.

I am going saterday. that is the best day to go.

I will check out the raptor, anything else worth checkin out?

Jacostang
01-16-09, 10:38 AM
There is a 2008 Mustang in the Pavillion Showcase that has a 68 GT350/500 type 1 of 1 kit on it and looks cool, never seen that before...

FalconGTHO
01-16-09, 10:41 PM
For the guys that have gone to BJ this year, whats the cost for parking? Also, are there (still) restrictions on bringing stuff in? Theres nothing on the web site about either and Ive been slacking and havent called to find out. Theres some things Id like to bring in in case I get some autograph opportunities. And Id want to bring my soft side cooler bag for water. I wont pay their jerk off prices. Ill either suffer or make a trip back to the car.

IMSHAKN
01-16-09, 11:31 PM
For the guys that have gone to BJ this year, whats the cost for parking? Also, are there (still) restrictions on bringing stuff in? Theres nothing on the web site about either and Ive been slacking and havent called to find out. Theres some things Id like to bring in in case I get some autograph opportunities. And Id want to bring my soft side cooler bag for water. I wont pay their jerk off prices. Ill either suffer or make a trip back to the car.

I've never paid for parking there, but I am not sure on their policy on carry ins.

HanksGT
01-17-09, 12:51 AM
Valet parking costs, the rest is free with free shuttle buses. You can park off of Bell (head towards valet parking, then duck in lot 6), and then there is a lot on Hayden that you have to take a shuttle to. I've never parked that far.

I didn't see any signs about no carry ins, and they will be searched. I brought some food and water in the bottom of the stroller and they didn't say a word. Discount Tire has plenty of free, cold bottled water all day. I thought giant hot dogs were $6-not too bad. I had a great sandwich at Cooperstown booth last year and it wasn't too bad in price.

Steve2000GT
01-17-09, 10:32 PM
I went for my first time yesterday and it was probably the best thing I have ever done. Right when you walk in the 2010 mustang is displayed on its side, pretty crazy looking ( not a fan of the looks of the car really tho). The event was huge, lots to see. Beers were 4 bucks and I was hammered! A buddy of mine was working and got us into the reserved bidders section so we were able to get right up close to the cars on the block. Lots of food, beer, fords, and some hot wasted ladies:laughing1:. Also had 2 mustangs drifting. a new 2010 mustang and a 05-09 one. both sounded badass.

side note - food was good, but who knows, I had a lot of beer and everything is good then:sticktonge:

AZSonicSnake
01-18-09, 10:21 AM
had vip passes and made it out yesterday. 10 free drinks ftmfw!! i took over 500 pics. will get them loaded up here very soon. had an extremely good time. i had never been before because a car auction is of little intrest to me, but as i know now, you don't even have to care about the aution to have a kick ass time.

El Jefe
01-18-09, 12:03 PM
So sore from walking haha. Ya Ive been the last 4 or 5 years now and we probably watch less than 1 hour of the auction. Too much to see and do. Talked to a lot of vendors this year. AMP wanted to tune my car but I said no thanks....

Anyone talk to the car lift guys? Every single one was $800-1000 more than the others and they all looked identical

ttocs
01-18-09, 02:50 PM
man I had a great time, right up till the end of the drift demo when a lady and her kids decided to stand and watch the show from the first row of the bleachers and COMPLETELY block my view. I asked her to move semi-politely(you know how loud the cars were) 2x before she finally turned around and yelled back that I could stand.....

Jacostang
01-18-09, 03:25 PM
man I had a great time, right up till the end of the drift demo when a lady and her kids decided to stand and watch the show from the first row of the bleachers and COMPLETELY block my view. I asked her to move semi-politely(you know how loud the cars were) 2x before she finally turned around and yelled back that I could stand.....
Yeah hate to say it but typical Americans, sometimes I wonder how we got to be where we are with "people" like this.....It might be that whole "generational thing" Me Me Me, what ever feels good just do it and dont worry about the consequences...ever. Not all are like that but the ones that are stand out like neon lights...

ttocs
01-18-09, 05:36 PM
The story didn't begin nor end there and is too long to type it all out. I have never lost on a complete stranger in public before but I did today and now looking back I have to chuckle a little bit. The look on her face was priceless. I yelled back," I got here 5 mins before the show started, 20 mins before you arrived and didn't pick a seat that I wanted to stand in as her your is the only one standing is such a stupid place. I already asked you once politely, sat behind you and carried out a conversation with her(pointed at the lady next to me) about how rude it was for you to stand there loud enough for you to hear and now I am going to be rude and tell you to get your big azz outte the way!"

She just stood there while her kids were complaining about the rubber and smoke in thier eyes, but they had been doing that since they got there. She didn't care if they went blind standing there as long she got to block my view.......... moments later the 2010 again fired up and she and her crew just turned around again to block us. Shortly after that the woman I had pointed to walked up and in a much calmer tone asked her if she would move but the lady shrugged her off.

she looked to be a great role model for the 3 kids that were going blind.

HanksGT
01-18-09, 07:37 PM
We watched the auction until 5pm Sunday and the GM Historical vehicles were not bringing the money they should/could have. Vette as low as $17k?!?

2 year old Shelby was taking pictures of the cars coming off the stage. Barrett-Jackson Prez Steve Davis thought it was cute and introduced her and Anthony to the audience during the auction.

So sore from walking haha. Ya Ive been the last 4 or 5 years now and we probably watch less than 1 hour of the auction. Too much to see and do. Talked to a lot of vendors this year. AMP wanted to tune my car but I said no thanks....

Anyone talk to the car lift guys? Every single one was $800-1000 more than the others and they all looked identical

ttocs
01-18-09, 07:59 PM
I was there to watch the last few gm historic cars today. I thought they were going for less then what they could also but then again most of them were not street legal and had a salvaged title so you can't drive them.

Just before I went in they had one of the trucks from a movie of some kind. I can't remember which I thought it was funny that it had a flat tire right after being sold. Are they sold as is?

HanksGT
01-18-09, 10:38 PM
I think GM came to the show and the good Friday/Saturday slots were already sold out, so they had to settle. Very bad move. Yes, sold as-is/where-is. They coast them down the ramp and then start them just outside, and one of the GM race cars smoked like crazy. Did you catch Shelby (my daughter) on stage? It was around 5pm.

I was there to watch the last few gm historic cars today. I thought they were going for less then what they could also but then again most of them were not street legal and had a salvaged title so you can't drive them.

Just before I went in they had one of the trucks from a movie of some kind. I can't remember which I thought it was funny that it had a flat tire right after being sold. Are they sold as is?

El Jefe
01-20-09, 11:14 AM
GM prices sucked because they flooded BJ with a lot of crap. I saw 35+ cars under $9k and I think all but 4 or 5 were from GM