PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Companies

AZSaleen04
01-02-09, 04:39 PM
I'm looking to renew my car insurance and currently it's been with Gieco and I'm looking for a change.

What car insurance company do you have? I keep running into the problem with my Saleen that the Vin pulls up as a regular Mustang.

Thanks for your input.

Sqrlnts
01-02-09, 07:28 PM
Hey AZSaleen04,
I am with State Farm but mostly because thats who my house is with (some savings there). I have been really interested in looking at Allstate because they are offering kickbacks..

Are you 100% sure ya bought a real Saleen? :dunno:

HIKER
01-02-09, 09:51 PM
I'm with Geico. Great rates. I pay $88/mo for a 2000 Tacoma 4 x 4 and and a 03' Maxima. Both with $1000/det

Also try 21st Century. Their rates wrap around your credit rating, better rating, lower rates.

Allstate, Farmers, and State Farm are horrible for service down the road. They will fight you tooth and nail for every dollar.

AZSaleen04
01-03-09, 09:12 AM
Hey AZSaleen04,
I am with State Farm but mostly because thats who my house is with (some savings there). I have been really interested in looking at Allstate because they are offering kickbacks..

Are you 100% sure ya bought a real Saleen? :dunno:

_____

Yes it's a real Saleen documented. All Saleen Vin's come back to a Mustang GT as that is what they start with. Saleen will give you verification through the Vin.

I currently use Gieco for my insurance and called AAA but they didn't know what a Saleen was and would only insure it for that. With Gieco they have the car insured at the value I requested and they asked for the paper work. Might have to stay witht them.

Torchmach
01-03-09, 10:03 AM
Look in to joining AAA, and Insuring with them. Great rates, great customer service, discounts at Hotels, Car rentals. If you are a homeowner you can get homeowners insurance with them, and lower your rates even more. If you have two Cars, one you don't drive much, it can be insured as a recreational vehicle (More savings!)

I have been with them since 93', can't say enough good things about them.

AZSaleen04
01-03-09, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the AAA but I called them as my wife is with AAA and they would not insure the Saleen as a Saleen but a GT Convertible so that didn't work out.

Torchmach
01-03-09, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the AAA but I called them as my wife is with AAA and they would not insure the Saleen as a Saleen but a GT Convertible so that didn't work out.

They insure my Mach 1 as a GT, with the VIN on the Policy, clearly showing it to be a Mach 1. I do pay higher premiums because of the "R" engine code though.

It shouldn't matter, if there is a claim, they match the VIN on the Car to what is on the policy. Mustang Enthusists know how to identify the real thing.

IMSHAKN
01-03-09, 09:35 PM
I've been using progressive for several years and they have been great. Cheapest I've been able to come by for my Mach and my motorcycle. They've been really good with claims I've had to make for some dumb girl who T-boned my old car and the dumbass who rear ended my mach after I just got it. They took care of my claims so I didn't have to wait on the other person's insurance companies without a dime out of my pocket. :twothumbsup:

AZSaleen04
01-03-09, 10:10 PM
I'll look into Progressive as well Thanks!

El Jefe
01-03-09, 11:20 PM
I work for Farmers. As long as you have receipts for the parts, you shouldnt have a problem. The VIN does pull up a GT. Same on my Roush I sold. Shoot me a PM

BLK03SVT
01-04-09, 06:20 PM
I use Ameriprise (through costco). They saved me nearly 500 bucks compared to Progressive. It may be worth a quote anyway....

AZSaleen04
01-04-09, 07:05 PM
I'll give them a shot and see what they quote me.

Thanks!

BLK03SVT
01-05-09, 07:36 PM
Let me know how it works out. Although mine isn't a DD, they were sure a lot cheaper for the same coverage on a non-primary use vehicle.