PDA

View Full Version : Your Chirstmas Good Deed?

4Jenna
12-26-08, 08:36 AM
So let's hear um, it's more about giving than recieving!!!

JBF adopted 4 families for Xmas, one even way out in Casa Grande! We delivered trees, all presents, and a ham dinner to all of the families on Christmas Eve.

Another familiy has a disabled mother and the dad works long hours supporting his family. We hired a maid for them (they needed it dearly) and a few cases of diapers.

Keep um coming!

ThePunisher95
12-26-08, 09:12 AM
Well at my work we have a driver that is about 60 and has no family and spends every holiday alone and has very little money. I took him a dozen tamales and some beans. He liked them very much. I didnt have much money this year so I couldnt do much else.

4Jenna
12-26-08, 09:25 AM
Thats awesome man!!

Let it be known at the next HPS event Punisher is bringin some tasty tamales!!!!!!!

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

-Chris

ThePunisher95
12-26-08, 09:40 AM
Lol!! I dont think Ive ever attented any event from any club, I would like to though.

4Jenna
12-26-08, 10:03 AM
To busy working on other people cars is why

haha

Gene
12-26-08, 10:25 AM
Our toy drive was a success even through the tough economic crunch we are in. Hundreds of volunteer hours were donated by Glendale FireFighters to make this years toy drive successful.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2008/12/23/20081223gl-toys1223-ON.html

Ruckus46gt
12-26-08, 10:35 AM
I didnt do much this year unfortunately, I just volunteered to work Xmas eve and day so people who had children/family down here could be with them. I was actually disappointed in the Salvation Army this year. For the past 5 years they have put up a tree at my old job with children names, a wishlist etc. I always picked one and bought for them. This year they didnt send the cards for the tree to my old job.

OH3MGSVT
12-26-08, 11:23 AM
I didnt do anything too spectacular, but I did give one of my ex gf's mom $50 because she doesnt have a job and her ex husband stiffed her on child support payments...so i gave her what little extra money i did have so she could buy her kids something decent for x-mas (she has 4 kids to raise)

4Jenna
12-26-08, 11:55 AM
I love hearing all these stories!!!!

Classic67
12-26-08, 01:41 PM
Every year there is a Native Childrens Benefit Concert to collect toys and clothing for families in need. This concert has raised over 20,000 gifts for homeless and indigent children over the past 9 years. It is part of a series of Christmas concerts that occur across the United States with the same goals and target the same audience. All donations are divided among local Native organizations such as the Phoenix Indian Medical Center, Native Health and a shelter for battered and abused women and their children.
Popular Native bands and comedy acts come out to entertain the crowd and artists donate items for door prizes. I volunteered to help out with set up and decorating. The event is always a success and hopefully will be even bigger next year!

crazy ray
12-27-08, 12:36 AM
A girl, my wife and I have known for many years has called us mom and dad due to her parents suck. Long story short, her husband lost his job about a month ago and things got tight for the holidays. So not to much for the kids. So through the grapevine,we found out how bad thing were and showed up to help. The kids had a good X-mas, the house was filled with food, the car got a full tank of gas, and there was a couple more leaves left on the money tree. She has never asked for our help on anything. We did this about a week ago. It made me feel good inside.