PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Possible $1 Billion Loss!

Jacostang
12-18-08, 09:23 AM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-toyota-could-lose-more-that-1b-during-second-half-of-fiscal-year.html

Bandit
12-18-08, 12:43 PM

HIKER
12-18-08, 11:59 PM
A billion in a half a year compared to GM loosing how many billions a month...a month!

A billion in 6 months is a drop in the bucket for Toyota..

wickedcobra
12-19-08, 08:33 AM
GM and Ford need to break the union to fix thier woes. Oh and fire all of the top executives. :yes:

Bandit
12-19-08, 11:15 AM
GM and Ford need to break the union to fix thier woes. Oh and fire all of the top executives. :yes:

BAM!!! Right on the money $$$

HIKER
12-19-08, 03:19 PM
If you own a company in this country and have stiff competition...what do you do...you make your company better, smarter and leaner. You hire smarter people. You diversify.

I look at companies like GM that was the biggest baddest company in the world 50 years ago and look at them today. CEO's are on their knees beggin for money from the government. It's almost embarassing.

Then you look at companies like Toyota, Honda, and even Hyundai. These companies not only build cars, they build everthing the robots to motorcycles to tools to ships and even airplanes. Have you ever seen a company more diverse then Honda?

I believe there's a saying from years ago..."never put all your eggs in one basket".

Mr. Austin
12-19-08, 06:07 PM
+ 1TRILLION!!!! Oh my god i dont think any other word could state that better. it would be sweet to see FORD stamped on some tools... Ford airplane they can bring back the "Birds" and a Harley Davison teamed with for to make the Truck. Now FORD should team back up and make a Ford Bike.

HanksGT
12-20-08, 10:05 PM
Maybe the government should do what they did for Harley years ago, when they were in trouble. Raise the tax on imports. Have to figure out how to tax the imports built here.

+1 for axing the unions...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-toyota-could-lose-more-that-1b-during-second-half-of-fiscal-year.html

Martimus
12-20-08, 10:47 PM
Breaking unions is easier said than done!

These organizations inspire (brainwash?) their members into believing that their continued existance is justified. As illogical as it seems these people will fight tooth and nail to insure that the unions who represent them continue to do so. Any union busting in support of reforms of the Big 3 will likely result in the establishment of new unions. As such my fear is that the only way to break this cycle would be for states like Michigan to become Right-to-Work states.