PDA

View Full Version : my latest project

ttocs
12-12-08, 08:22 AM
with the stang out of commision(still the bolt) and too much free time on my hands(long story) I decided to put a stereo in my truck with the equipment I earmarked for it some time ago. I swapped out an interior for some bucket seats and a center consol from an explorer. The consol was really big because it was designed to hold a cd changer of the time as well as all the climate controls for the back seat passengers. I gutted the bottom portion to fit a single 10 and then had to mold glass everything to make it look like it belongs. I am going to finish the final sanding today and pick up the materials to cover and paint it this weekend.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2081149/4

Jacostang
12-12-08, 12:52 PM
Still the bolt is not fixed??? Stereo looks great! Need you to look at my 89!!

Sqrlnts
12-12-08, 09:39 PM
Great work Scott! You gotta get that bolt fixed bro......

ttocs
12-13-08, 12:04 AM
I am hopin to have some cash around the turn of the year. I found a guy that says he can do it now it is just the matter of the $$$?

89s are easy, we could hook it up..... Are you talkin about that highway patrol vehicle? I have done a full system that did no more damage to the vehicle except for the hole for the power wire to go through. I had a customer back home that never planned on selling his truck but wanted to be able to return it to stock if he decided. 10yrs later he still has the truck and the stereo is still workin as well.

Sqrlnts
12-13-08, 04:29 PM
Out of curiousity, how much is he going to charge to remove the bolt?

ttocs
12-13-08, 06:03 PM
I have not worked out a price for it, just found a guy that said he can do it. I didn't want to work out a price when I could not pay for it yet.

I thought I sent you an pm offering to pay you to help finish?

Sqrlnts
12-13-08, 07:59 PM
didn't get a pm from ya Scott. just double checked.

ttocs
12-13-08, 09:59 PM
not sure what happened as I thought I had asked for your help again and even offered to pay for your time? maybe the system lost it, maybe I just thought about it really hard and never did it........ I could use some help and am at the point I am willing to pay to get it fixed if you are interested.

Sqrlnts
12-13-08, 10:10 PM
I would still like to help you fix your car. I hate to hear that its just sitting there. I do however have some big things on my plate. I am replacing the exhaust on my hatch and also have an arm length list of honey doo's. Lets keep in touch over the next couple weeks and see if we can't get something worked out.

ttocs
12-13-08, 10:34 PM
hey man as you can tell I am in no huge hurry... I have grown sad watching it collect the dust from this project and miss havin a V8. I would like to get some more hands on ,echanical experience so if you need help or want a hand I would be happy to return the favor.

Sqrlnts
12-13-08, 11:51 PM
Do you happen to do window tinting Scott? :biglaugh: