PDA

View Full Version : Question About Race Fuel

GAZ
11-12-08, 04:45 PM
Sorry I dont know where to put this on the site.
I was reading on here somewhere about you guys buying race fuel at the track I think 109 octane, and talking about octane additives and such. My question is this.... Is it unleaded fuel? If it's not how do you guys with cats deal with that? I live in a very small, remote town but we do have a fuel distributer. I just checked with them and they have 113 octane but leaded for 5.60/gal. Pretty good I thought since avgas right now (100LL) is over 6 bucks a gallon.

AZSonicSnake
11-12-08, 06:14 PM
yup, it is 109 unleaded that i run.

BurnTire
11-12-08, 06:14 PM
There is both leaded and unleaded race fuels.

I use VP 109 unleaded.

Race fuel is not needed unless you are running a power adder (blower, turbo, or high compression race motor) with a race tune.

GAZ
11-12-08, 07:33 PM
There is both leaded and unleaded race fuels.

I use VP 109 unleaded.

Race fuel is not needed unless you are running a power adder (blower, turbo, or high compression race motor) with a race tune.

So the vp-109 is'nt considered race gas? You have a blower don't you? I ask because all that is avaliable here at the pumps is 91 octane, obviously no lead. How high of octane can you get at the track with no lead? If you did'nt have cats, what would running leaded 113 octane be like? Could you run more boost and less timing on a race tune? Or would the lead mess with somthing else? Oh whats the vp stand for?

BurnTire
11-12-08, 08:26 PM
So the vp-109 is'nt considered race gas? You have a blower don't you? I ask because all that is avaliable here at the pumps is 91 octane, obviously no lead. How high of octane can you get at the track with no lead? If you did'nt have cats, what would running leaded 113 octane be like? Could you run more boost and less timing on a race tune? Or would the lead mess with somthing else? Oh whats the vp stand for?

VP 109 is unleaded race gas
http://www.vpracingfuels.com/

I have a blower and cats.

On a race tune I run more timing. I could also run more boost.

Lead will kill oxygen sensors over time.

If I was to use leaded it would be C12.