PDA

View Full Version : Installed Bassani catted X

OH3MGSVT
09-29-08, 02:37 PM
It sounds great! I had a bad leak from my previous x pipe (bbk) so i needed to put a new one on. Picked one up from local guy on here (enjoihavok) and installed it with the help of Mustank. It has a nice subtle, smooth tone to it. Definitley a lot cleaner and not nearly as raspy as before, of course magnapacks will do that. I compare it to the sound I had before with my bbk o/r x pipe with my regular magnaflows. Sounds good and has a deep tone under WOT. Best money I have spent for the car and best of all no tractor sounding exhaust leak!!:woot1:

93 svt
09-29-08, 06:00 PM
lucky I have been trying to find an off raod pipe for a while with no luck. Ineed mil eliminators as well

OH3MGSVT
09-29-08, 06:45 PM
lucky I have been trying to find an off raod pipe for a while with no luck. Ineed mil eliminators as well

yeah I have some MIL eliminators right now but not sure if they work because i have a check engien light lol. If all else fails and I get bored of the quietness I can just either gut out the cats or get a pipe welded in place of the cats.

93mustank
09-30-08, 02:41 AM
Did you get those 02's hooked up?

OH3MGSVT
09-30-08, 12:27 PM
Did you get those 02's hooked up?
Yeah my friend had some extenders so I put them in. I still have the Check engine light though. Took it to autozone to check it and it said it was the o2 heater sensor, bank 2 sensor 1. So I dont know if I need new rear o2's or what

OH3MGSVT
09-30-08, 12:28 PM
im already getting antsy and want it louder lol. Thinking about getting the cats taken out and pipe welded in place of it. Also looking for a bassani catback if anyone has one for sale........

El Jefe
10-06-08, 03:18 PM
Yeah my friend had some extenders so I put them in. I still have the Check engine light though. Took it to autozone to check it and it said it was the o2 heater sensor, bank 2 sensor 1. So I dont know if I need new rear o2's or what
Same here. Ive got the Bassani catted X with welded cats and the Bassani catback. Threw a P2270 code. Reset it twice and it came on again. Driving around yesterday it turned off. Dont know whats up....I may be interested in selling my Bassani catback...Looking at getting MAC but dont really want to ship. Im in Tucson

OH3MGSVT
10-06-08, 03:41 PM
Same here. Ive got the Bassani catted X with welded cats and the Bassani catback. Threw a P2270 code. Reset it twice and it came on again. Driving around yesterday it turned off. Dont know whats up....I may be interested in selling my Bassani catback...Looking at getting MAC but dont really want to ship. Im in Tucson

Im definitley interested in you want to sell it. I may or may not be going IRS though but I will let you kow, probably not since it might cost me some money I dont want to spend lol, or should I say money I dont have to spend

El Jefe
10-06-08, 03:47 PM
Still have the check engine light on? Ya let me know

I couldnt imagine going back to SRA after having the IRS. Well I dont race so...

OH3MGSVT
10-06-08, 05:06 PM
Still have the check engine light on? Ya let me know

I couldnt imagine going back to SRA after having the IRS. Well I dont race so...

You like the IRS alot? Im really debating going IRS, I LOVE how it handles, I race from time to time but not as much as I did. I suppose If I had power I would race more, but not every weekend. Yeah my check engine light is still on, I need to change the rear o2's or something

El Jefe
10-06-08, 05:18 PM
I got under the car to take them off and couldnt. I was going to order new ones and have them put on somewhere but my light just went off. Not sure whats up. Idles fine and everything...

Only pain after a week of driving is acceleration in 1st gear with wheel hop. Had it couple times already. Theres some nasty roads where I live and its night and day difference going over them in the Cobra compared to the Roush. Adding some FLSFC's and a brace soon too

OH3MGSVT
10-06-08, 07:28 PM
I got under the car to take them off and couldnt. I was going to order new ones and have them put on somewhere but my light just went off. Not sure whats up. Idles fine and everything...

Only pain after a week of driving is acceleration in 1st gear with wheel hop. Had it couple times already. Theres some nasty roads where I live and its night and day difference going over them in the Cobra compared to the Roush. Adding some FLSFC's and a brace soon too

Yeah my CEL turns off every now and then, seems like after so many cycles it will turn off, but then it will come back on after a day or 2.

Yeah I expect wheels hop, but not so much on a stock n/a 2v lol. I should be doing the swap this weekend so we will see how it goes, I love how it handles and since Im not making it a drag racing car it will be perfect for everyday driving.