PDA

View Full Version : Great JBF Volunteer Opportunity

4Jenna
09-16-08, 01:59 PM
I wanted to let everyone know of a great volunteer opportunity that JENNABEARS Foundation is asking help with.

JENNABEARS will be remodeling 2 rooms at the Ronald McDonald House in PHX. Please visit the link below for info on the RMH Charities.

http://www.rmhcphoenix.com/

Here is the address

501 E. Roanoke Ave Phoenix, AZ 85004 | Phone: (602) 264-2654 | Fax: (602) 264-5670
Ronald McDonald House Charites of Phoenix Arizona

We will be doing all the work Sept 19, 20th, and 21st.
Show time is 9am

We have teamed up with the FOCUS 56 from Luke AFB for man power, but we could surely use some more willing helpers!

We will be doing some of the following and more...

Painting
Electrical
Landscaping
Laying Tile
New Drapes, bedding etc
Re-doing bathroom
and more

If you have a skill in any of these areas and would like to help us make a difference we could surely use your help! Or if you would just like to join us to help in any way we would be very greatful!

These rooms are very old and outdated, familes stay here while their sick children are getting care at local hpspitals. The families can stay at the RMH at no charge. Our goal is to make these rooms much more comfortable so these families have one less thing to worry about and can focus all of their energy on their sick children.

Phoenix Childrens Hospital and St. Josephs are two main players that utlize this facility....which are the ONLY level-1 trauma centers in the valley.

If you have any handyman skills or just want to help please come out and help us make a difference!

Please feel free to email or PM me with any questions or give me a call.

Chris@jennabearsfoundation.org

(623) 242-3461

Thank you

Chris Eades

4Jenna
09-16-08, 02:17 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s6/eades5point0/Flyer-3.jpg

Jacostang
09-16-08, 02:19 PM
I'll get some Copperstate people out there!!!

4Jenna
09-16-08, 02:20 PM
Sorry for the short notice everyone, my wife has been working so hard putting this all together!

Thanks again Dave!!

4Jenna
09-16-08, 02:31 PM
Lunch and drinks will be provided.

4Jenna
09-16-08, 02:38 PM
The Ronald McDonald House just put in a last minuet request to find someone to lay carpet on Sunday. If anyone can assist with this that would be great!

Thank you in advance

Chris

Classic67
09-16-08, 04:03 PM
See you Friday morning!

4Jenna
09-16-08, 06:10 PM
Awesome, thank you very much!

Chris

Classic67
09-16-08, 07:21 PM
Hey Chris, Do you need people to bring paint rollers or buckets and sponges and ladders?

YellowStangAz
09-16-08, 07:51 PM
I can help on Saturday. Let me know if I need to bring any supplies.

4Jenna
09-17-08, 05:03 PM
If you guys have some supplies and or tools that you think we could use please do bring them. I would rather have to much than not enough!

Thank you guys very much!!

Chris

AZSaleen04
09-17-08, 05:32 PM
Chris I'm sorry for you deep loss! I will be away for this event however I look forward to helping out in any way possible in the future to give back in memory of Jenna.

Thanks for helping out with the Ronold McDonald House and giving back for kids!!

4Jenna
09-17-08, 05:44 PM
Thanks I appr the kind words! We just want to make a difference, all in memory of my beautiful princess!

Chris

4Jenna
09-18-08, 06:54 PM
Hope to see some of you guys tommorow, I'll be there early!

If not look forward to seeing those who can help this weekend.

Again, thank you so much.

Chris Eades

princessturtle
09-19-08, 01:56 PM
hey chris me and the husband will be here

Classic67
09-20-08, 07:45 PM
Hey Chris, Just got Copperstate Mustang Club approval to purchase a new TV for the RMH. See you tomorrow! ~Sarah

4Jenna
09-23-08, 10:40 AM
Sorry I have been slacking with updates everyone, we have just been SO busy with this project!

I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Copperstate Mustang Club for their generous donation of a beautiful LCD TV for the room we are renovating! JENNABEARS Foundation and Ronald McDonald House Charities are very greatful!

JENNABEARS appreciates all the continued support! Additionally their were even Copperstate Club members that gave up their weekend to come out and assist us renovating the room. THANKYOU!!!!

I will have a full write up to follow including before and after pics.

Just to give an idea here is some of the work performed on the 2 rooms we renovated.

-Old Tile tore up, new tile layed
-Complete Paint (walls, cielings, doors, etc)
-All new baseboards
-New cieling fans
-New Light fixtures
-New smoke detectors
-all new elec recepticles, switches, and covers
-New Sink, vanity, mirror, and sink plumbing
-Facuets all brushed nickle
-New toilet
-Lots of Drywall repairs (walls and cielings)
-New Carpet
-New Blinds
-New A/C unit
-New curtains
-New bedding, towels, wash clothes etc

etc etc etc...

Jacostang
09-23-08, 11:35 AM
Thats Great! I'm glad our club and our members where able to help out!!!

4Jenna
11-01-08, 05:35 PM
Completed Pics

Thank you to every!!!

All for my Jenna :yes:

-Chris

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52899#post52899