PDA

View Full Version : Any pullied Cobra interested in a race with a stock C5 Z06 (Phoenix, AZ)

AZVette
09-09-08, 09:27 AM
Looking for a friendly run with a local. I'm looking to find a race with a pullied 2003-2004 Cobra that's not ported. I have a 2003 Z06 that I just recently got and would like to test it against a Cobra that's pullied or not. I'm in located on the north side of Phoenix.

wickedcobra
09-09-08, 09:48 AM
I assume you want to race at the track?

BurnTire
09-09-08, 09:50 AM
Hey I am not ported.

This site only endorses racing at the drag strip.

wickedcobra
09-09-08, 09:52 AM
Hey I am not ported.

:biglaugh:

ASUSMC
09-09-08, 10:03 AM
I would be down if the car wasn't for sale. My terms are always that the loser pays the winners entrance fee, OR, its just 100% for fun.

About2Bite
09-09-08, 01:16 PM
Hey I am not ported.

Me either :woot1:

IMSHAKN
09-09-08, 01:17 PM
Somehow I think this could be a hilarious race to watch if someone were to step up to the plate. :laughing:

chewbaccajones
09-09-08, 04:21 PM
Hey I am not ported.

Me either :woot1:

Plus, you guys are still running the manufacturer supplied pulley, right?

AZVette
09-09-08, 04:37 PM
Looking to run a pullied eaton. :sticktonge:

wickedcobra
09-09-08, 04:54 PM
Im in if you are down.. I am Ported just a little bit....maybe pushing just over 400RWP:icon_cool:

IMSHAKN
09-09-08, 05:02 PM
Looking to run a pullied eaton. :sticktonge:

:biglaugh:

BurnTire
09-09-08, 05:05 PM
I like running vettes at the track. They are always 25 car lengths behind. A new Z06 is only 15.

AZVette
09-09-08, 05:19 PM
Im in if you are down.. I am Ported just a little bit....maybe pushing just over 400RWP:icon_cool:
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for a non ported Cobra. :pinkthumb:

wickedcobra
09-09-08, 05:52 PM
Why are you looking for a non ported? There isnt much difference :veryhappy:

93mustank
09-09-08, 06:14 PM
You can run my red coupe....... if thats fast enough for you.

AZVette
09-09-08, 06:49 PM
You can run my red coupe....... if thats fast enough for you.
Sorry but I just want to see how the car does against a pullied Slowbra JK.

93mustank
09-09-08, 06:51 PM
Well take it to the track...then you can compare your time slips to the cobra.... done and done

CPViolation
09-09-08, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for a non ported Cobra. :pinkthumb:
Drivers being equal, A pullied Cobra will kick dirt on you.
Jeff

fazm
09-09-08, 07:19 PM
Join us at firebird on the 26th. You will get your chance. Even a stock engined v6 mustang if ya want

AZSonicSnake
09-09-08, 07:31 PM
i love vettes!! hehe..

YouTube - Ported Cobra Run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28jCvs9oFzo)

IMSHAKN
09-09-08, 07:41 PM
Tony, that poor vette didn't even have a chance. :sticktonge:

AZSonicSnake
09-09-08, 07:56 PM
yeah..kinda what i thought. guess thats why he does not want to run a pullied one. :biglaugh:

AZVette
09-09-08, 08:12 PM
yeah..kinda what i thought. guess thats why he does not want to run a pullied one. :biglaugh:
Wrong. I want to run a pullied non ported Cobra. No one wants to step up?

AZVette
09-09-08, 08:14 PM
Drivers being equal, A pullied Cobra will kick dirt on you.
Jeff
Funny you say that because I don't see any pullied non ported Cobra's stepping up to the challenge. :sticktonge:

Jacostang
09-09-08, 08:21 PM
Attaboy Tone!!!!!!

About2Bite
09-09-08, 09:04 PM
Funny you say that because I don't see any pullied non ported Cobra's stepping up to the challenge. :sticktonge:

That's bc there are very few of them out here :yes:

Well at least that I know of

scubasteve22
09-09-08, 09:12 PM
04 GT here will race... has a blower but im still only a 2v so how fast can i be?

CPViolation
09-09-08, 09:47 PM
If you can wait until I visit Family in Glendale AZ. during Thanksgiving I'll run you at the track with my weak sauce 91 octane tune, Kenne Bell 2.6L.
Have 100 octane tune stored in the XCal2. I don't like jacking-the timing up running wonderful California 91. Although I'm sure I could bump it up quite a bit with 91 and maybe a pulley, these motors aren't cheap.
There are very few just pullied and fewer all stock Cobras. They can be very fast with a fist full of dollars. Installing cams on one of these is a waste of money.
If you do an H/C/I it'll be more of a race.
Jeff

jjmatheson
09-09-08, 10:11 PM
That was not a fair race, a 32k car against a 50k car. haha

CPViolation
09-09-08, 10:26 PM
That was not a fair race, a 32k car against a 50k car. haha
32k new out the door. Dealer paid T&L.:biglaugh:
Jeff

fazm
09-09-08, 10:30 PM
04 GT here will race... has a blower but im still only a 2v so how fast can i be?

shit i only got 2 valves on 2 less cylinders running less boost than most the cobra owners with a less advanced engine and ill race him lol

jjmatheson
09-09-08, 10:35 PM
I will race you, do you have mods because I think you will have a problem finding slowbras on this forum that dont have more than a 90 dollar pulley on them.

wickedcobra
09-09-08, 10:43 PM
shit i only got 2 valves on 2 less cylinders running less boost than most the cobra owners with a less advanced engine and ill race him lol

I say the poor Vette tries to run with the sixer.....:bouncy:

IMSHAKN
09-09-08, 10:46 PM
I'd run him...though my ass would lose.

ASUSMC
09-10-08, 12:19 AM
Fine I will race you in a couple weeks but only at a track. Probably not a good idea but I have gotten ZERO real bites on the car since its been for sale. Right now I am on home made slicks (bald ass non-DR nittos) and a box tune so we will see how it goes.

AZVette
09-10-08, 12:34 AM
I will race you, do you have mods because I think you will have a problem finding slowbras on this forum that dont have more than a 90 dollar pulley on them.
I'll run a pullied, full exhaust, and tune Cobra.

ASUSMC
09-10-08, 12:45 AM
I'll run a pullied, full exhaust, and tune Cobra.

ahem....:hi:

Give me a week or so to get tires under the car and we can meet at Speedworld or Fireturd. Your choice.

AZSonicSnake
09-10-08, 12:48 AM
Wrong. I want to run a pullied non ported Cobra. No one wants to step up?

if my non ported blower was still sitting in the garage i'd throw it on just to race ya. :sticktonge: its not that people aren't stepping up, its that there are few cobras that are left stock... or stockish...:laughing:

About2Bite
09-10-08, 01:25 AM
if my non ported blower was still sitting in the garage i'd throw it on just to race ya. :sticktonge: its not that people aren't stepping up, its that there are few cobras that are left stock... or stockish...:laughing:

Yours is ported? :wink1:

04moostang
09-10-08, 02:04 AM
I say the poor Vette tries to run with the sixer.....:bouncy:

I'll run him after i do my M112 swap :woot1:

(and a couple of other things)

AZVette
09-10-08, 04:53 AM
I got a phone call from a buddy of mine last night, he tells me he know's a someone with a pullied Cobra that's down to run. I met with the Cobra owner and we ran twice from a 1st gear roll, both runs consisted of me pulling the Cobra around a half car to 120.

Mods on the Cobra are: 2.76 upper pulley, orx, slp loudmouth exhaust, heat exchanger, JLT short ram, and tune. Cobra owner said the car makes 456 whp.

scubasteve22
09-10-08, 05:02 AM
Removed

there ya go..at first i thought this was u askin again cause the video is from a little while ago
any videos of ur runs??

AZVette
09-10-08, 05:26 AM
there ya go..at first i thought this was u askin again cause the video is from a little while ago
any videos of ur runs??

I don't have any vids of my car since I just bought it. That is a sick Vid but look at this race between a pullied Cobra and stock Z06. Go to 3:30 in the video. I guess every car runs different.

Removed Street Racing

4Jenna
09-10-08, 07:46 AM
I got a phone call from a buddy of mine last night, he tells me he know's a someone with a pullied Cobra that's down to run. I met with the Cobra owner and we ran twice from a 1st gear roll, both runs consisted of me pulling the Cobra around a half car to 120.

Mods on the Cobra are: 2.76 upper pulley, orx, slp loudmouth exhaust, heat exchanger, JLT short ram, and tune. Cobra owner said the car makes 456 whp.

Hey knuckle head...wasn't it made clear we dont endorse street racing here.
Yet you still post your race.

Have you read the news lately, a local stanger was JUST killed Aug 30th due to street racing.

Maybe a set of brains should have came with the Vette.

4Jenna
09-10-08, 07:51 AM
AZVette

PM Sent

AZVette
09-10-08, 08:43 AM
Hey knuckle head...wasn't it made clear we dont endorse street racing here.
Yet you still post your race.

Have you read the news lately, a local stanger was JUST killed Aug 30th due to street racing.

Maybe a set of brains should have came with the Vette.

f*** you and have a great day. :hi:

ASUSMC
09-10-08, 08:49 AM

bye bye. :hi::hi::hi:

BurnTire
09-10-08, 09:10 AM
Hey AZ Vette you are making a great first impression.

This site is about legal real drag racing at the Drag Strip.

Not retards beeping their horn 3 times and running on the street.

There are many other sites you can visit if you can't follow the rules of this site which you can review here.
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/index.php?page=rules

wickedcobra
09-10-08, 01:39 PM

I still find it hard to believe that you pulled that COBRA. What are the HP/trq numbers a stock c5 zo6 puts down?

About2Bite
09-10-08, 01:54 PM
I'd assume he'd have around 100 less hp at the wheels than that pullied Cobra, if it is completely stock

But anything can happen on the street

1966PonyGirl
09-10-08, 02:42 PM
i love vettes!! hehe..

* tear * that was beautiful!!!!!!!

AZSonicSnake
09-10-08, 06:15 PM
wow... some good stuff in here. i'd pay money to see him say that stuff to 4jenna in person.

glad ya like rox! that was fun.

about2bite- haha.. yea, its just polished. hahaha...

BLK03SVT
09-10-08, 07:13 PM

I've always enjoyed this site due to the fact that garbage like this never comes out of anyone's mouth, and everyone is here to have a good time and enjoy mustangs and drag racing.

Like Jeff said, there's pleanty of sites for you to visit and pick street races. Take it elsewhere. You got your race...move on.

IMSHAKN
09-10-08, 07:33 PM
If it's trash and street racing they want to talk, go to AZ streetscene, where you can find a large number of other idiots. (Not saying all people at AZSS are idiots, but you've got a number of them.)

Ruckus46gt
09-10-08, 09:26 PM
I still find it hard to believe that you pulled that COBRA. What are the HP/trq numbers a stock c5 zo6 puts down?
a z06 with an intake and full exhaust will pull around 375 to the tire with a tune. Car weighs a lot less then a termy. Without full exhaust i believe my friends put down around 345-350ish with a predator tune. (c5's we are talking about c6's are another story).
As far as AZVette cause you should really know who you are talking shit to before you step up and talk shit back to someone.

Lubracano
09-10-08, 10:19 PM
I'm kinda surprised at all of you.

AZSonicSnake
09-10-08, 11:41 PM
kinda curious where azvette has this posted that its getting so many hits...

BurnTire
09-11-08, 12:46 AM

:banned1:

BUSTED
09-11-08, 08:28 AM
*Beautiful

Lubracano
09-11-08, 09:28 AM

right on the money - that is what suprised me

mfj
09-11-08, 01:14 PM
BoostedSVT from azstreetscene.com will run you on the street... He is a basic pullied cobra.. nonported... you intersted? PM me your number if you are...

IMSHAKN
09-11-08, 01:53 PM
BoostedSVT from azstreetscene.com will run you on the street... He is a basic pullied cobra.. nonported... you intersted? PM me your number if you are...

He won't be back here...he was banned. :rolleyes2:

All the guy probably wanted was to get a rise out of a number of our members, nothing more.

IMSHAKN
09-11-08, 03:16 PM

And yeah, that vette should go to your forum, he'd fit right in with some of the idiots there(as said before, it's a select few who are so dense they don't really get it).

People like these make me laugh. Here's an excerpt from the quality of people there who'd like to give me a hard time because I tell them they are stupid for thinking that cages and whatnot are not needed in cars that run 10s.

"QUOTE(Drewstein @ Sep 11 2008, 01:24 PM)
Dude you're ride is a Mach 1. Can it even do 100???

Yeah, I can't hit 100mph in the 1/4. I've got this bad exhaust leak, I need a couple more decals to up my horsepower, and my check engine light is on so it's only using half it's engine. Oh yeah, and I only have reverse and fourth gear.

Stupidity owns you. If you don't think I don't understand a damned thing because I own a lowly mach 1, then whatever floats your boat. Let me guess, your **** is bigger than mine because you own a vette?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with my car. College student on his second car he has purchased on his own in addition to a motorcycle...guess I'm doing badly. Such a pity that apparently you cannot mod a mach 1 either. You are a ****ing idiot. Enough said.

mfj
09-11-08, 08:59 PM
And yeah, that vette should go to your forum, he'd fit right in with some of the idiots there(as said before, it's a select few who are so dense they don't really get it).

People like these make me laugh. Here's an excerpt from the quality of people there who'd like to give me a hard time because I tell them they are stupid for thinking that cages and whatnot are not needed in cars that run 10s.

\"QUOTE(Drewstein @ Sep 11 2008, 01:24 PM)
Dude you're ride is a Mach 1. Can it even do 100???

Yeah, I can't hit 100mph in the 1/4. I've got this bad exhaust leak, I need a couple more decals to up my horsepower, and my check engine light is on so it's only using half it's engine. Oh yeah, and I only have reverse and fourth gear.

Stupidity owns you. If you don't think I don't understand a damned thing because I own a lowly mach 1, then whatever floats your boat. Let me guess, your **** is bigger than mine because you own a vette?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with my car. College student on his second car he has purchased on his own in addition to a motorcycle...guess I'm doing badly. Such a pity that apparently you cannot mod a mach 1 either. You are a ****ing idiot. Enough said.
No offense, but you sound like a ****ing idiot!

IMSHAKN
09-11-08, 11:29 PM
No offense, but you sound like a ****ing idiot!

:laughing: Of course I am.

mfj
09-12-08, 12:32 AM
:laughing: Of course I am.
That's what I thought...

IMSHAKN
09-12-08, 01:06 AM
That's what I thought...

I agree.

Btw, you guys made for great entertainment during an organic evolution lecture that was painfully dry. :laughing:

About2Bite
09-12-08, 01:13 AM
:popcorn:

04moostang
09-12-08, 02:15 AM
:popcorn:

hey i saw you the other day at the shell gas station on warner and almaschool. wouldn't have spotted ya if you didn't rev your engine. :hi:

mfj
09-12-08, 03:06 AM
I agree.

Btw, you guys made for great entertainment during an organic evolution lecture that was painfully dry. :laughing:
:twothumbsup:
Pay attention in school, young lad...

About2Bite
09-12-08, 12:42 PM
hey i saw you the other day at the shell gas station on warner and almaschool. wouldn't have spotted ya if you didn't rev your engine. :hi:

:woot1::highfive: