PDA

View Full Version : Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

93mustank
07-19-08, 01:20 PM
I have been around the mustang scene for a few years now and have lots of honest dealings with other members. Nothing but good feedback and have purchased so many mustang parts whether it be local or nationwide.

There recently was a thread called " Fox Catback please!!!" http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6321&highlight=catback

I replied that I had a catback for sale for 100.00 firm.

ThePunisher95 (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/member.php?u=606) contacted me with a deal. Saying he had a good running stock 306 short block that he would trade for the catback plus I give him 200.00 cash.

Just so happens I was looking for a short block for my 86 so I told him I was definitely interested.

He told me the 306 was in great condition,only 6000 miles and there was no issues what so ever with the block. ( I have all the pm's)

After many PM's back and forth settled the deal.

The next day he came over and I gave him the catback plus 200.00 cash and he helped me put the motor on the stand. With just a visual inspection of the bores and cam bearings the block looked good. I trusted him and he went on his way.

The next day I go to take the oil pan off and check a main cap bearing. As I do every motor to ensure myself.

This is what I found.......
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture067.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture070.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture075.jpg

Right after the find I politely text him that I would like my money back and he could pick his ruined motor up.

Long story short..... He says he spent the money and has refused to give anything back.He didnt even offer to bring the Catback back. Kept saying it ran fine when he had it.

ThePunisher95 (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/member.php?u=606) even told me to post this thread to see what other members have to say.

Please do not have any dealings with ThePunisher95 (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/member.php?u=606) as you will be disappointed. I will update this if he mans up and gives me what I am owed.

Gene
07-19-08, 02:15 PM
I think he needs to refund you the money. It might have ran fine for him, but it's clearly not fine.

Sqrlnts
07-19-08, 03:26 PM
Damn, I hate to see that. I would like to think the best in people but if he refuses to work with you then he may have known about it in the first place........

santa_rosa_lt1
07-19-08, 03:47 PM
reserving judgment till i hear the other side of the story.

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 03:58 PM
I sold the engine to him for 200 bucks and his catback. I also have sold and gave away perfertly good stufff to other fellow Mustang owners.....Especially at forums.stangnet.com(Im Guero on there). The engine was perfectly fine when I pulled it, car was never really driven, that block had less than 6k miles on it. The only reason I pulled it was because my Little brother could beat me in Cammed Ls1 and I was gonna do a 427 to make me the winner lol. The car ran fine, no squeaks, the only problem was a leak from the oil pan, which is nothing. My problem is this, he said he had recently bought a blow engine and was screwed of course cause some bearings were blown. My engine was fine in my car, how do I know hes not trying to screw me over to?? Im not trying to bash on him as I dont know him. Im sure I wouldnt have gave him my cell phone number and made up a User name on here so he couldnt trace me, but I didnt. Plus I know a couple of people on here that can say that engine was fine. They always clown on me cuz I couldnt stand loosing 2 my little brother and tearing up a perfectly fine setup. Plus I had recently changed the oil before I pulled it....Im sure I would of seen shavings in there.... I was even planning on keeping the block for the Fox in case it blew..But I decided that if it blew I would put a stock 351 in it so I decided to sell it...

And yes I did tell him to post this cause I dont know what to do.... I dont want either of our names to be screwed with bad rep over this....

I didnt offer anything back cause I wanted you to post it on here..and yes I did waste the money.. Your making it seem like I was an asshole about it.....I politly responded to every text and told you to post our problem for a better outcome and opinions.

93mustank
07-19-08, 04:23 PM
You can feel free to come back over here and pick your block up.... I will let you take a look with your own eyes....As any one can clearly see the motor is useless unless rebuilt.the bearing are shot and the crank is scored. I Have no worries about my reputation. In no way am I in the wrong here.

I really would appreciate my money and catback back.

And I do appreciate the support from members here and I really hope I get my money back. I am real tight on money with the economy like it is and now dont have enough money to buy another motor.

And yes you were polite on the text but at the same time you kept saying I was not getting my money back and saying the motor was fine.

xecutioner
07-19-08, 04:24 PM
i can say that that motor was a fresh motor and ran problem free. that car didnt even have that much street time on that motor. what punisher is saying is true. he is a straight up guy i mean this is the guy that took two days off work to install my six speed alone while i went to work. there was nothing wrong with the motor while he had it.

93mustank
07-19-08, 04:29 PM
i can say that that motor was a fresh motor and ran problem free. that car didnt even have that much street time on that motor. what punisher is saying is true. he is a straight up guy i mean this is the guy that took two days off work to install my six speed alone while i went to work. there was nothing wrong with the motor while he had it.

Any one can clearly see that the motor is not fine.....Far from fresh.

All he has to do is come over and take a look at. Its still on the stand where he helped me lift it.

xecutioner
07-19-08, 04:41 PM
all i'm saying is that i was with this guy all the time and i know that motor didnt have many miles on it and was running strong. we were even trying to convince him to keep and it and just go forced induction but he wanted a 427. thats all i'm saying.

93mustank
07-19-08, 04:48 PM
Please do the right thing.....

Bring my catback back and pick up your motor. You can pay me back in payments.

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 05:01 PM
Dude you even said to keep the Catback and give you something that was worth 200 bucks. Like I said how do I now thats not the blown engine you bought??...

OH3MGSVT
07-19-08, 05:06 PM
I can vouche for Keith being a stand up guy who wouldn't BS anybody about anything. Hope you guys work something out though..

93mustank
07-19-08, 05:07 PM
This is the only engine I have over here and you helped me put it on the stand.......just come over and we will have a few beers and pull the rest of the caps and look at the mess.

I want my money and catback back.

93mustank
07-19-08, 05:08 PM
I can vouche for Keith being a stand up guy who wouldn't BS anybody about anything. Hope you guys work something out though..
Thanks alix

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 05:18 PM
So are you now saying you never recently bought a blown 302 like you told me?

93mustank
07-19-08, 05:22 PM
All you have to do is come over....simple as that..... motor is on the stand.....your same oil pan ,your same type of freeze plugs...your same motor mounts with studs....the same orange red bead of gasket sealer ..... I am no liar.

Do the right thing. Should be no reason for you to argue.

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 05:24 PM
And Im no liar either.

Ruckus46gt
07-19-08, 05:27 PM
From reading it you cant blame thepunisher for being skeptical since you said you recently blew a 302. You did a pliminary check of the motor he helped you install it and he left the next day you call saying the motors shot. That would have given enough time to swap the motor out with a blown one (not saying you would do something like that but saying he thinks/is saying motor was fine when he pulled it and others have verified). Looking through old post punisher posted up a lot about isues, loosing to ls1's, but never a help thread i heard a bang etc. Seems like a lot of other issue's/questions he did post oup about. Buying something used is a risk and everything is as is. I personally when i buy something check everything out before i seal the deal just to be sure, it doesnt sound like punisher was in a rush since he staid to help out. Hopefully you guys settle it if you really want to get punisher sold a 306 you blew a 302 go togther and have it measured to see if its a 302 or been punched out to a 306. If you dont want to do that let him pass emissions with the catback swap back and take the 200 dollar hit or maybe meet in the middle and both take a 100 dollar hit and take it as a lesson.

93mustank
07-19-08, 05:29 PM
Any one have any input....The guy refuses to even come look at the block or even attempt to make things right. I guess there is not much more I can do.

Everyone just be buyer aware. Dont get screwed like I did.

93mustank
07-19-08, 05:37 PM
From reading it you cant blame thepunisher for being skeptical since you said you recently blew a 302. You did a pliminary check of the motor he helped you install it and he left the next day you call saying the motors shot. That would have given enough time to swap the motor out with a blown one (not saying you would do something like that but saying he thinks/is saying motor was fine when he pulled it and others have verified). Looking through old post punisher posted up a lot about isues, loosing to ls1's, but never a help thread i heard a bang etc. Seems like a lot of other issue's/questions he did post oup about. Buying something used is a risk and everything is as is. I personally when i buy something check everything out before i seal the deal just to be sure, it doesnt sound like punisher was in a rush since he staid to help out. Hopefully you guys settle it if you really want to get punisher sold a 306 you blew a 302 go togther and have it measured to see if its a 302 or been punched out to a 306. If you dont want to do that let him pass emissions with the catback swap back and take the 200 dollar hit or maybe meet in the middle and both take a 100 dollar hit and take it as a lesson.

Great point.....the block is punched to 306.... I dont have any 306's laying around....Do you for a minute think I would go through all of this for 200 bucks. What world do some people live in.

why in the hell do I need to take a loss.

Its mind boggling how some people think. If he just comes over and looks at it he can clearly tel its his.

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 05:38 PM
I am trying to come to a agreement. Im not just goona lose 200 bucks and the catback just because you say you want it back when I know I pulled out a perfectly good engine. Plus I dont really have the time 2 go over there Im tight on money and gas isn't cheap. You needed a block I needed the catback and the cash, I thought this was gonna be a win win for both us now its all crap.

93mustank
07-19-08, 05:43 PM
...its crap for me....not you....I am at the losing end.

definitely not a win win....

your not loosing anything I am....

You are not making any attempt to settle you refuse to look at it and are giving a bunch of excuses.

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 05:53 PM
2 excuses? Since when is that a bunch?

Ruckus46gt
07-19-08, 05:55 PM
Great point.....the block is punched to 306.... I dont have any 306's laying around....Do you for a minute think I would go through all of this for 200 bucks. What world do some people live in.

why in the hell do I need to take a loss.

Its mind boggling how some people think. If he just comes over and looks at it he can clearly tel its his.
dude i'm not saying you should loose 200 dollars i'm not saying either way. I'm just trying to give suggestions to work it out and suggesting maybe meeting in the middle could settle this.

93mustank
07-19-08, 06:00 PM
Its cool ruckus ...see what your saying.....

Punisher I will come all the way down there pick you up....buy some beer...we can look at it together....i will load it up deliver it to your house and help you lift it out.

svtrichie
07-19-08, 06:27 PM
The same thing happened to a good friend of mine back home. He sold a 347 that ran fine to another club member and the same thing happened. The new owner checked the lower end and there were problems. My friend refunded the money. At least you could do is to come over and check out the block that you sold him.

wickedcobra
07-19-08, 06:46 PM
I agree with ruckus, split it down the middle so it is a wash for both of you. Used means used..........

Gene
07-19-08, 07:57 PM
If he is offering to pick him up, buy him beer just so he can take a look at it, the point is obvious. ike I said in my original post. It mght have "ran" fine, doesnt mean it is.

93mustank
07-19-08, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys ..... I hope the right thing is done so i can get my silver 86 on the road and go to some shows. I miss being on the road.

ThePunisher95
07-19-08, 08:15 PM
This is the only engine I have over here and you helped me put it on the stand........

And what about the block I helped you get of the stand?:confused::dunno::huh: I just remembered this......

svtrichie
07-19-08, 09:15 PM
Really there is more that one way to get your money back. Good luck to both of you guys. Hopefully everything works out.

93mustank
07-19-08, 09:35 PM
At least you could do is to come over and check out the block that you sold him.

Hope things work out too..... Just want everyone to be aware of this member on this board.

He obviously doesnt want to solve anything. Just wants to argue. Doesnt even want to come over and take a look and solve the problem.

Its looking like I will be loosing my money on this.

Appreciate the support of the fellow members here and I hope that all will see what kind of member he is.

Looks like another week of work to try and get enough money to afford another short block.

Jacostang
07-20-08, 12:34 AM
Is the engine junk now or.. I know its got a spun bearing but how about the others?

BUSTED
07-20-08, 12:38 AM
wow, i think the least you could do is give back the exhaust so he can re-coop SOME of his money by selling it to another member.

it sounds like he cant pay you the money back anyways.....seriously though its a couple hundred bucks, dont be in the wrong by keeping everything and leaving him with nothing......

Just a interesting note,it is strange that 2 days ago you wanted to trade that 306 for my 03 anniv wheels i wanted $300 for and you said

"the block would sell for $300 on ebay".
That seems fishy to say now that you see the engine's poor shape.Its not like a guy that would be trying to get his car running by getting a low mile short block is going to say "hey i wonder if its worth it if i part out this short block that is in perfect working order for $300. maybe thats just me, i dont think i would buy a "working" short block to part it out knowing that to build another one is much more expensive than that, how much sence does that make??

you didnt mention the worth the other parts....not even once.....just the block, that seems strange.....almost like the rest of the engine wasn't worth anything. hmmmmm

i dont know either of you, but dont keep the money and the parts thats not a good route to take. im glad i didnt have any interest in this engine though.

93mustank
07-20-08, 01:05 AM
Is the engine junk now or.. I know its got a spun bearing but how about the others?
I have not pulled any other main caps or rod bearings. But the the crank is scored. I dont want to spend money on a whole bearing kit and have to get the crank turned.

93mustank
07-20-08, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the comment Busted...... Not going to lie I wish you would have made the deal...

AZSonicSnake
07-20-08, 01:39 AM
wow. what a bum deal. does not sound like either person is tryin to rip either off. just sounds like one of those bad situations. i think my offer if i was in the situation was to offer you 100 bucks back of your 200 bucks so that you could get the bearings and get the crank trued. but thats just my .02. i do not think anyone had or has any harsh intentions, but i would do something to make things right. before anything is done, i would certainly take keith up on taking a look yourself. he is being straight up, so double check and make some form of agreement.

BUSTED
07-20-08, 04:43 AM
ya i would agree with azsonicsnake, but he says he spent it, so the $100 exhaust back at a min i would think. but i would sure like to just see you guys figure it out without killing eachother.:ghey:

ya you're right, i wish i would have bought a "nice" 306. Mine is so small vs. that. Just no sub. for cubic inches, except for boost.....lots and lots of boost.

azvforce
07-20-08, 10:41 AM
I gotta throw in my 2 cents here.

That motor is "as is"

He did a preliminary check and made the decision to buy it based on the inspection he performed. He could have inspected it further, but chose not to, thats his problem.

I say tough shit on the buyers part.

I know the seller and know the history of that motor. That sucker is nearly new and ran awesome until the day he pulled it from the car.

Do I believe the pictures are showing the motor in question? Yes.
Do I believe the motor was in that condition when it was running great in his car? Yes.

You are taking a risk anytime you are buying something like a motor used.

$200 + a catback? GREAT DEAL!

Suck it up and buy some new bearings you whiner. Your thread here is just gonna make other members hesitant to sell you anything.

93mustank
07-20-08, 11:15 AM
Lol wow..... one post wonder....

I say tough shit on the buyers part.
Wish I could have this same attitude as you ..... oh wait I have morals.

Any one else read this a want to throw up.

Your thread here is just gonna make other members hesitant to sell you anything.

Something is telling me I will be ok.....

azvforce
07-20-08, 11:40 AM
Are you saying that you accept no fault for not inspecting the motor better?

Are you saying that you believed that you could ask for a refund if you did not meet your expectations after your "post-purchase" teardown?

Did you ask the seller if he would let you return it if you didn't like it?

Did you think it had a warranty? if so, you would have voided it by tearing the motor apart yourself.

Did you think the seller had recently performed a full inspection on the internals of that motor?

YOU bought that motor based on the preliminary inspection YOU performed and the buyers word. Now you want your money back?

Its not like you paid $1k or more the motor dude. You got a great deal, needing bearings or not. You bought a USED shortblock without looking at it very well before putting down a whopping $200 + a used catback. Stuff like that is always AS IS, its just a no brainer.

Do you try and return stuff at garage sales too?

93mustank
07-20-08, 11:54 AM
Your an idiot .... only fault I take is trusting some one.

BurnTire
07-20-08, 12:30 PM
Gentlemen lets no let this one get out of control.

I just skimmed thru this post fast.

How much total $$$ are we talking about here $200?

ThePunisher95
07-20-08, 12:53 PM
Honestly before this thread was posted I was willing to work something out with him as I felt bad that it might of been blown. But his 1st post he tried to make me look like a thief "Please do not have any dealings with ThePunisher95 (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/member.php?u=606) as you will be disappointed. I will update this if he mans up and gives me what I am owed." I quickly became defensive as I only wanted him to Post our problem as to come up with a solution. He himself said he didnt want to bash and thats exactly what his first post was. Im at a lost for words as I never have been in this situation.

ThePunisher95
07-20-08, 12:58 PM
Now I honestly have been trying to get everyones opinion on this on several forums. I pmed a guy from Tucson that Ive sold parts to and I know he would be unbiased on this situation and this was his reply.

"Hey bud,

I hate to see BS like that. I read your HPS thread and my thoughts were basically what Pokageek said. WIth something compex like an engine or a trans, the recipient has to assume that it's not perfect and might be nothing more than a paperweight. And if it is, the seller might not have known better (that's why the buyer goes over the part before making the deal official).

It seems like you hung around with the dude for a bit when you dropped the engine off, and we've seen he's comfy tearing things apart. I would have thought he would rip the pan off and go over the bottom end (and anything else he wanted) before he gave you his parts and cash. That's what I would have done (not with you - I trust you. But with someone I don't know). Because this wasn't done, it smells weird [on his end], and it's on him because he took custody of the engine with no contingencies and gave you the parts and cash.

Kind of an analogy: If he gave you two $100 bills and they looked good to you but your bank would not accept them because they are good counterfeits, you'd have a hard time getting two hundred more dollars from him, especially because he might have gotten them from someone else and not even known they were fake. If there was anything wrong with your engine, you didn't know about it and it is ultimately on the recipient to take the hit or know better.

This guy seems like he likes to complain a lot, which also makes it feel fishy. He thanks everyone who takes his side, which is kinda weird. That said, I dont know anyone on that forum (Never heard of it) and I dont really know how to handle it. I'd probably make one last post about how the engine was in good condition as best you knew and that it's on the buyer when buying as-is. And that if someone puts themselves in your position, how would they know they're not being scammed. Then I'd probably just let it go. I dont know if you post a lot on that forum however. THe bottom line is that when we buy an engine from a seller, junkyard, engine builder, performance shop, etc, there is risk involved and the buyer has to beware and do whatever he can to go over it before buying it.

I'll keep tabs on the threads.
Chat shortly brah!"

93mustank
07-20-08, 01:39 PM
Honestly before this thread was posted I was willing to work something out with him as I felt bad that it might of been blown. But his 1st post he tried to make me look like a thief "Please do not have any dealings with ThePunisher95 (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/member.php?u=606) as you will be disappointed. I will update this if he mans up and gives me what I am owed." I quickly became defensive as I only wanted him to Post our problem as to come up with a solution. He himself said he didnt want to bash and thats exactly what his first post was. Im at a lost for words as I never have been in this situation.

You told me to post this thread.......You said you would not think it was bashing.... quotes from your text.

Put your self in my shoes. I am out everything. You may have not known about the bearings and the crank. But now you are aware of it and you are doing nothing about it.

Do you think I will do business with you ever again...."no" ..... That has to say something. I have bought and sold many mustangs and mustang parts and have not met anyone that I did not want to do business with again until I met you.

You are just giving excuses over and over again

Honestly before this thread was posted I was willing to work something out with him as I felt bad that it might of been blown.

I text you before I started this thread and you were willing to do nothing. You told me go ahead and post the thread.

After your excuses about not having gas money to drive down here I replied that I would drive all the way down there pick you up,buy some beer ,look at the motor, drive you and your motor back to your house and help you lift it off.

A

ThePunisher95
07-20-08, 01:51 PM
As of I have sold and bought countless items and never had a problem till I came across you. You think I would want to sell you or buy parts from you either hell no.

BurnTire
07-20-08, 02:00 PM
Guys I see we are talking about $300.

We have 47 posts on the subject.

Work something out or I am locking the thread.

No more personal attacks.

ThePunisher95
07-20-08, 02:02 PM
Burntire have I been personally attacking him besides post #47?

DVSRICK
07-20-08, 02:44 PM
:popcorn: :beer8:

OH3MGSVT
07-20-08, 03:09 PM
Just go over there and check it out man, whats the big deal if he is OFFERING to pick you up, buy beer, and bring you back. Free beer + car ride = :woot2: I don't understand why you still refuse to go over to just check it out with him.

Sqrlnts
07-20-08, 03:16 PM
Guys I see we are talking about $300.

We have 47 posts on the subject.

Work something out or I am locking the thread.

No more personal attacks.

I don't think its about the money, I think its about getting the problem solved.

Is 47 posts alot for a problem of this nature? Most are opinions from outsiders like you and me?

I don't think its fair for you to "threaten to lock the thread" when the problem obviously started here and should end here. Give them a chance, I would have to say its one of the tamest bad trades on the net I have ever witnessed.

93mustank
07-20-08, 03:17 PM
The ball is in his court.... he doesnt want to work it out....I have been more than fair... I am the victim .

BUSTED
07-20-08, 03:31 PM
:lazy:

johndeerrm
I am not so sure you are a victim but you do seem to like to play the part.

You had an opportunity to inspect the engine before shelling out any cash, it is widely understood that items sold on forums are 'as is'.

You have done a few things in this thread that make it seem like you are trying to mislead the members here. First being the picture of the dirty bearing, that bearing did not have all that crap on it when you pulled it out. The second being the pissy "Poor me" tone you have given to all your posts. YOU made a mistake, deal with it.

You can more than likely get that motor back together for less than $200. A $500 motor isnt a bad deal.

1966PonyGirl
93mustank and ThePunisher95:

You wanted posters opinions... here is my honest opinion. THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN an "as is" contract or a "30 day warrenty" type contract written up and get a notery(sp?) on that!!! dont even hesitate if its your friend. business is business.

i do believe that no one here wanted to pull one over on the other. its hard to tell a book by its cover till you open the pages. either way, it kinda bites that this didnt pan out for you both. :(

id say the best thing to do is to save up for a brand new engine. youll know the history of said engine! get a second, third or fourth job if you really want it that bad.

04moostang
07-20-08, 03:39 PM
I haven't been here long nor do i know either member, so i shall share my unbiased opinion.

You bought a USED block. What do you expect?

on that note, He's not willing to cooperate what so ever which seems a little on the fishy side to me.

Punisher, maybe you're getting too defensive.
and mustank, maybe you're taking this a little too far.

We're all (hopefully) responsible adults on here, if this thread continues like this it'll just get worse. I'm with burntire, put out the fire before it spreads. You two need to grow up and settle this dumb dispute. Punisher, he's obviously willing to pull more than his own weight to settle this. The least you can do is LOOK at the motor. I mean free beer, c'mon.

BurnTire
07-20-08, 03:39 PM
I don't think its about the money, I think its about getting the problem solved.

Is 47 posts alot for a problem of this nature? Most are opinions from outsiders like you and me?

I don't think its fair for you to "threaten to lock the thread" when the problem obviously started here and should end here. Give them a chance, I would have to say its one of the tamest bad trades on the net I have ever witnessed.

Threating to lock the thread is a way to keep things from going uncivil.

Thats all I ask.

93mustank
07-20-08, 03:53 PM
I think everyone is right....I should not trust anyone. Morals in this world have hit an all time low. I mean come on. What have a done wrong. Besides trusting someones word about a product. Am I really that bad of a person.

Its up to him if he wants to solve it......

Going to have a beer and work on my car. Any one want to come over?

johndeerrm
07-20-08, 04:08 PM
Stop acting like he knowingly sold you a motor with issues.

wickedcobra
07-20-08, 04:09 PM
How much would it cost to fix what you found is wrong?

HIKER
07-20-08, 04:11 PM
I have to agree with AZVFORCE...

You bought a complete short block without any internal inspection.

You bought it as-is.

A judge would easily side with the seller on this one...

Aerosi665
07-20-08, 04:11 PM
93mustank - He told you it was working 100%. OBVIOUSLY it will not. If he is concerned, let him come by and inspect the motor to ensure that is the exact same one that he sold you. I've seen you offer this and it's certainly reasonable in every way.

ThePunisher95 - Despite the fact that you THOUGHT the motor was running great, it obviously was not at all, which any good mechanic could tell you. I don't believe you at all, there would be obvious audible clues to that kind of wear on the crank and those main bearings. He is also offering to prove to you that it is the same motor. You need to man up, he's even offering to take it in payments. You seem to really want the catback, I'm sure if it that big of a deal you could work out a price to add on to the payments. I would take up his offer while you can, he has you for Fraud and False Advertising. You don't really want a record and you especially don't want to add to it if you already have one. Since you're local and he has your PM's, number, address and the engine... I will tell you personally thats not a very hard case to win. Man up and get it done before it comes to that.

Hiker and those defending ThePunisher - You need to realize he advertised the motor as good condition, working perfectly. That is blatant false advertising and fraud. If he was not qualified to inspect the engine it is his duty to get a qualified inspection before advertising it as such.

93mustank
07-20-08, 04:17 PM
93mustank - He told you it was working 100%. OBVIOUSLY it will not. If he is concerned, let him come by and inspect the motor to ensure that is the exact same one that he sold you. I've seen you offer this and it's certainly reasonable in every way.

ThePunisher95 - Despite the fact that you THOUGHT the motor was running great, it obviously was not at all, which any good mechanic could tell you. I don't believe you at all, there would be obvious audible clues to that kind of wear on the crank and those main bearings. He is also offering to prove to you that it is the same motor. You need to man up, he's even offering to take it in payments. You seem to really want the catback, I'm sure if it that big of a deal you could work out a price to add on to the payments. I would take up his offer while you can, he has you for Fraud and False Advertising. You don't really want a record and you especially don't want to add to it if you already have one. Since you're local and he has your PM's, number, address and the engine... I will tell you personally thats not a very hard case to win. Man up and get it done before it comes to that.

Hiker and those defending ThePunisher - You need to realize he advertised the motor as good condition, working perfectly. That is blatant false advertising and fraud. If he was not qualified to inspect the engine it is his duty to get a qualified inspection before advertising it as such.

This is 100% how I feel ......

93mustank
07-20-08, 04:18 PM
Needs main bearing ,rod bearing and the crank needs turned.

Dont have any money to do this.

wickedcobra
07-20-08, 04:19 PM

How much?

93mustank
07-20-08, 04:21 PM
Dont really know......I would have to call and check at a machine shop.

04moostang
07-20-08, 04:21 PM

lol :laughing: well said andy, but i'm not taking either side just incase a war breaks out i can be that neutral person. kinda like poland in the WW's

Ruckus46gt
07-20-08, 05:01 PM

actually it wouldnt be a easy case to prove. You would have to prove he knowingly sold a bad motor. From all the crap on the post i'd be willing to say small claim court would say both party's take it as a lesson. Not to mention all the work for a small claims court 200 dollar case. I know someone this happened to last year but it was over a 2k long block he bought from someone. The guy had proof the motor ran when he pulled the motor other party had proof it was bad since the first turn over. Its his word against the other persons. Crap another friend of mine got a motor built from vt engines, installed it first pull on the dyno the car blew. Engine was installed and tuned by a very good shop, vt said it was the shops fault they washed the cylinders, the shop looked at the motor said nope tolerences were to tight vt said yea right. They had 4 other engine shops look at it and they said the same thing tolerences were to tight. The shop even logged the tune to prove they didnt wash it and guess what customer had to pay out of pocket (both parties gave a little break but not much...install shop didnt charge to pull the motor again, and engine shop fixed it at cost for the guy still a couple g's out of pocket)

Aerosi665
07-20-08, 06:16 PM
actually it wouldnt be a easy case to prove. You would have to prove he knowingly sold a bad motor. From all the crap on the post i'd be willing to say small claim court would say both party's take it as a lesson. Not to mention all the work for a small claims court 200 dollar case. I know someone this happened to last year but it was over a 2k long block he bought from someone. The guy had proof the motor ran when he pulled the motor other party had proof it was bad since the first turn over. Its his word against the other persons. Crap another friend of mine got a motor built from vt engines, installed it first pull on the dyno the car blew. Engine was installed and tuned by a very good shop, vt said it was the shops fault they washed the cylinders, the shop looked at the motor said nope tolerences were to tight vt said yea right. They had 4 other engine shops look at it and they said the same thing tolerences were to tight. The shop even logged the tune to prove they didnt wash it and guess what customer had to pay out of pocket (both parties gave a little break but not much...install shop didnt charge to pull the motor again, and engine shop fixed it at cost for the guy still a couple g's out of pocket)

Buy from MMR? On a serious note, you do have a very good point with small claims court. Still an outrageously shitty move by the guy who sold him the engine, obviously not in working condition. Can't wait till I have my law degree. I'd take this one for free. /sigh. 2 more years...

Lucafu1
07-20-08, 06:31 PM
take it for free and lose.

im not gonna read all the BS back and forth. when you buy something and agree then its a done deal UNLESS a warranty is implied. why didnt the pan come off the day you bought it? thats your fault. I just sold my engine and I would have done anything the seller wanted to make him happy. but when he left with the engine it was his. he said deal and that was it.

learn from your mistakes.

BLK03SVT
07-20-08, 06:59 PM
take it for free and lose.

im not gonna read all the BS back and forth. when you buy something and agree then its a done deal UNLESS a warranty is implied. why didnt the pan come off the day you bought it? thats your fault. I just sold my engine and I would have done anything the seller wanted to make him happy. but when he left with the engine it was his. he said deal and that was it.

learn from your mistakes.

+1

I bought a 29k car that after 200 miles blew a plug and toasted the motor. $13k later it has a new motor. Did I whine to the Dealer, NO. It was very clearly sold as is. I sacked up and learned from it. Should I have done more homework on the car prior to the purchase? Yes. Should I have had a mechanic look at it prior to purchase? Yes. As he said, learn from your mistakes and move on. Just my .02.

AZSonicSnake
07-20-08, 08:40 PM
nah mike, it was only an exhaust leak! lol... still feel bad about that one man.... but if anyone would know about an as-is deal, you would be the one. that was a crappy deal right there...

Legal
07-20-08, 10:09 PM
+1

I bought a 29k car that after 200 miles blew a plug and toasted the motor. $13k later it has a new motor. Did I whine to the Dealer, NO. It was very clearly sold as is. I sacked up and learned from it. Should I have done more homework on the car prior to the purchase? Yes. Should I have had a mechanic look at it prior to purchase? Yes. As he said, learn from your mistakes and move on. Just my .02.

In this case your .02 is worth $200 and a used "catback." You are right. Unless there's a contract or warranty, stank is stuck with it.

And stank has ANOTHER block that was busted but now he says he doesn't have it? only the one 306? Ive been a mustang owner for years. > This is one for the books. How does an engine disappear?

>Punisher> did you now something mightta been wrong and aint fessing?

> Honestly, How do we know stank didn't blow it up or switcharoo the motors?

> Does anyone know if punisher ever been accused of scamming before? How about his alias on the other forum? What about stanker? Does he use any other handles on any other forums?

> stank never took the time to start the engine before he bought it? ooooooooook. your own dumb fault.

>Stank claims to be an experienced mustang owner and don't realize the motor is STILL worth $200 and a old catback with a spun bearing anyway. Where's the argument?

93mustank
07-20-08, 10:35 PM
I gave the other block to a nice African American who was collecting scrap metal. Lol I love how many new members this thread made. All one posters.

10-4 on everyones replies..It was all my fault yada yada .... Just got a great deal on another block. Nice guy.

Oh anybody wanna buy a stock 306 with spun bearings and a bad crank ? Only asking 200 and maybe a catback. Its a good deal.

Go head and lock this one up..... I will be in the garage getting my car back on the road.

She is heartless right now
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture076.jpg

ThePunisher95
07-20-08, 10:45 PM
I gave the other block to a nice African American who was collecting scrap metal. Lol I love how many new members this thread made. All one posters.

10-4 on everyones replies..It was all my fault yada yada .... Just got a great deal on another block. Nice guy.

Oh anybody wanna buy a stock 306 with spun bearings and a bad crank ? Only asking 200 and maybe a catback. Its a good deal.

Go head and lock this one up..... I will be in the garage getting my car back on the road.

She is heartless right now
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture076.jpg

That car had a block when I was there!!!! Were did it go? Were did the block go that I helped you take of the stand??? Your shit is not adding up dude!!!

And if you guys want I can post up the threads were I asked about this problem.

wickedcobra
07-20-08, 10:55 PM
time to lock this thread it is obviously going nowhere.....

ThePunisher95
07-20-08, 11:00 PM
Please dont lock it! I want to hear his response on that!

93mustank
07-20-08, 11:38 PM
Please dont lock it! I want to hear his response on that!

I pulled the motor..... skipped a tooth on the timing chain and had piston slap. Bent the valves.Car wasn't running. Thats why I bought your block. So i can get it going . But I just bought a good short block from craigslist tonight .
So I now have a broke 302 and a broke 306 if any one wants them.

santa_rosa_lt1
07-20-08, 11:42 PM
seems like he gave a block for scrap metal?

93mustank
07-20-08, 11:49 PM
I tried working it out with you punisher but you never wanted to solve anything. I tried to get you to come over and work it out man to man. But seems your like thats not your style. I do blame myself for not pulling the main caps and checking the bearings. I will take the loss. Its not going anywhere with you. If you ever wanna solve this feel free to text me . The block will be laying in my garage if you wanna check it out.

Rev'n Kevin
07-21-08, 12:39 AM

JoeT
07-21-08, 12:54 AM
http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/721_darth_vader_fighting_luke_skywalker.gif A duel in the Desert should take care of this!

Just kidding. Hope you guys work this out, really seems lame to have such bad feelings. It seems its a little bit of both problems.

Just my 2 cents worth but the money being talked about seems minimal at best, why not just split the difference somehow, or both of you put your heads together with your connections and help the other. Sounds like a good one for the Tech Night!

Sorry to hear Stangers having these issues.

ThePunisher95
07-21-08, 01:24 AM
I pulled the motor..... skipped a tooth on the timing chain and had piston slap. Bent the valves.Car wasn't running. Thats why I bought your block. So i can get it going . But I just bought a good short block from craigslist tonight .

Ok so you pulled it... What about the other engine that I helped you get of the lift? You went from having just my engine, then you forgot that I helped you get the one of the lift, and now the one you took out the car??? What gives?

93mustank
07-21-08, 01:29 AM
I took the one you helped me off the stand put your on the stand. Then I put the one we lifted off by the trash can. The next day some black dude asked if he could have it for scrap metal. I let him take it. No sense in arguing on here anymore. If you want to solve anything text me and come over.

ThePunisher95
07-21-08, 01:57 AM
Dont mean to get in your business but if you were so hard on cash how did you afford another block?

wickedcobra
07-21-08, 04:02 AM

I thought you only had 1 block :scratchchin:

princessturtle
07-21-08, 05:00 AM
that's where u ask for a pic of all 3 blocks. he says he has 2 broken blocks and 1 new block from craigslist. if this is true, then one of the broken blocks is punisher's block, then punisher can no longer say it wasn't his block that was broken.

if he can not or will not provide a pic of all 3 blocks or some form of reciept of this new block, ie craigslist link, then punisher may very well be right and it's not his fault.

i'm sure anyone can infer that he still has the original block and has some kind of money, instead of believing as he implied that he was dirt poor and some random nice "african american" guy walked up to his house and asked for a shortblock and hauled it away on his back...

this drama is interesting tho...

Martimus
07-21-08, 08:31 AM
OK... here's something I don't quite understand. An engine block was sold for $200 with the expectation that it was fully functional and working. If I do an online search of FleaBay for 302 engine blocks I see that the only ones that come up are over 4x the cost.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__ford-302-short-block_W0QQ_nkwZfordQ20302Q20shortQ20blockQQ_fxdZ1Q Q_ptasZ1

It looks like engine blocks on Craigslist are selling in the $600 price range:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/757212873.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/749802675.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/755093688.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/762477650.html

While I do see cheaper short blocks the pic included on one makes it look like this motor needs a lot of TLC to get it back on the road.
http://images.craigslist.org/010112010310010409200807121d7313ef96e5d3ea02004397 .jpg
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/752888846.html

Now I'm no expert on motors nor do I care to become one... but it seems to me that a tested, warranted block would cost a bit more than $200. Why would there be such a large difference in cost unless this motor were untested, or AS-IS?

wickedcobra
07-21-08, 08:39 AM
that's where u ask for a pic of all 3 blocks. he says he has 2 broken blocks and 1 new block from craigslist. if this is true, then one of the broken blocks is punisher's block, then punisher can no longer say it wasn't his block that was broken.

if he can not or will not provide a pic of all 3 blocks or some form of reciept of this new block, ie craigslist link, then punisher may very well be right and it's not his fault.

i'm sure anyone can infer that he still has the original block and has some kind of money, instead of believing as he implied that he was dirt poor and some random nice "african american" guy walked up to his house and asked for a shortblock and hauled it away on his back...

this drama is interesting tho...

:biglaugh: that always happens to me

93mustank
07-21-08, 11:03 AM
Wow.... i like how this goes from me being screwed on a block....to know I am trying to scam....are you guys dead serious.....do you think for a minute I would go through all of this to scam some one......I am an honest person.

going to the garage and taking pics of all three blocks.... I like how people run there mouth on the internet....All he has to do is come over and man up.... Feel free to cruise on by the house if your really that skeptical...I have six other mustangs.... I am always working on one of them....bring some beer.

If you guys want feel free to ask my girlfriend about a ghetto black guy driving a 70's ford pickup who picked up my first junk 302 feel free.....

Here is the p/v clearance issue 302 that I just pulled yesterday form my silver 86. The timing chain skipped and put the valves into the pistons.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture085.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture086.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture077.jpg
Here is a panned out picture my p/v clearance issue motor on the stand with the spun bearing 306 on the ground.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture078.jpg

Here are pictures of his 306 on the ground it has a ph 18 fram crap filter .....certain freeze plugs....of course nice spun bearings..... motor mounts with a tag and studs.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture079.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture080.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture082.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture083.jpg

And here is the block I bought last night from this craigslist ad
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/762171297.html

Still in the back of the girlfriends car.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/econovan/Picture081.jpg

Oh and I gave the GF such great sex the other night she loaned me 100 bux for the other short block.

oh and I have a nice dial caliper if anyone wants to do some measuring.

JoeT
07-21-08, 01:49 PM
QUOTE - Oh and I gave the GF such great sex the other night she loaned me 100 bux for the other short block.

Holy cow make that a daily thing and you could make 700 a week! :pepper:

Sounds as if you have moved on from the problem. Thats a good thing, get your car running isnt that the biggest goal!!
In the future know what your buying when you buy it, never make snap decisions it usually turns out bad.
Frankly for me I wouldnt buy something I didnt have completely checked out first, no matter from who or where.

Hopefully you guys can just pass this on to experience, I dont feel either of you ment for this to turn the way it did. Go have a few brews somewhere shoot the Sh*t and let it be water under the bridge. Its easy to get your feelings hurt and feel taken advantage of, but it takes true Mustangers to rise above it all and be the better man! :highfive:

93mustank
07-21-08, 01:53 PM
lol...ya...I think I might quit my job

1966PonyGirl
07-21-08, 02:30 PM
QUOTE - Oh and I gave the GF such great sex the other night she loaned me 100 bux for the other short block.

Sounds as if you have moved on from the problem. Thats a good thing, get your car running isnt that the biggest goal!!
In the future know what your buying when you buy it, never make snap decisions it usually turns out bad.
Frankly for me I wouldnt buy something I didnt have completely checked out first, no matter from who or where.

Hopefully you guys can just pass this on to experience, I dont feel either of you ment for this to turn the way it did. Go have a few brews somewhere shoot the Sh*t and let it be water under the bridge. Its easy to get your feelings hurt and feel taken advantage of, but it takes true Mustangers to rise above it all and be the better man! :highfive:

Stank just sounds like a prostitue.... JoeT.... i love your post!

93mustank
07-21-08, 02:38 PM

Couldnt have said it better myself..... Thats what life is all about.... living and learning. Of course I was a little hot headed at first but now I am over it. Time to get down and dirty and get the car running.

Feel free to lock this one up.

ThePunisher95
07-21-08, 02:59 PM

ThePunisher95
07-21-08, 03:01 PM

ThePunisher95
07-21-08, 04:33 PM
http://forums.stangnet.com/757235-sold-my-block-now-i-think-im-getting-screwed-2.html

HIKER
07-21-08, 04:36 PM
I'm not saying there was any scam commited..

I'm just saying that the buyer didn't check his schit before he bought it.

If the block was on a stand, how much effort would of it been to flip that baby over and inspect it.

JoeT
07-21-08, 04:59 PM
I'm not saying there was any scam commited..

I'm just saying that the buyer didn't check his schit before he bought it.

If the block was on a stand, how much effort would of it been to flip that baby over and inspect it.

No kidding, well said Hiker. You guys both need to let this die. This isnt good for either one involved and now its on at least 2 websites. You both are senior members here on HPS, it seems you have enough knowledge and access to have figured this out together, or prior to. Im sure anyone here would have helped you look things over before cash changed hands.

I dont really even know who either one of you are, so Im not on anyones side. Just let it go. Im actually surprised they havent closed this thread it isnt helping and it seems to keep scratching the scab open.

Theres 2 ways to look at this, maybe ThePunisher95 was trying to get over (I AINT SAYING THATS WHAT IT IS) but on the other hand 93mustank better know his sh*t if hes going to build a motor.

Judge Judy :yes: would rule in favor of ThePunisher95 as there were no written contracts expressed or implied and it would come down to buyer beware on a used item. 93mustank you should of had some sort of check list of what you were looking for, it seems for 200.00 bucks it was definitely something you should have looked into completely before handing anything over, and you knew it was a good deal or you wouldnt have wanted to do it.

I wont post anymore here on this topic, its not going anywhere and eventually its going to turn south. Looks like the scrap metal guys the only one that made out! :laughing:

Good luck guys, frankly if you dont look clearly at an item you are buying then you get what you pay for. The old saying always holds true, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!!

Asta La Vista!

HIKER
07-21-08, 06:02 PM
Time for some chicken wings and beer......

Rev'n Kevin
07-21-08, 07:01 PM
Time for some chicken wings and beer......

I opted for pizza and pepsi......

ChuckD
07-21-08, 07:13 PM
They should settle it on Pinks.

About2Bite
07-21-08, 08:01 PM
In before it's:lockd:

:woot1:

ThePunisher95
07-21-08, 10:57 PM
In before it's:lockd:

:woot1:

:laughing:

04moostang
07-21-08, 11:29 PM
It's come down to having sex with your GF to borrow cash from her? lol i'm sorry that's just funny.

AZSonicSnake
07-22-08, 12:46 AM
better than the deal i have with my wife... ugh... sooo poor... lol...

04moostang
07-22-08, 01:21 AM
better than the deal i have with my wife... ugh... sooo poor... lol...

lol glad i have a shit ton of time before i'm married.

About2Bite
07-22-08, 04:31 AM

You and me both, but my wife will understand that the Cobra comes first lol

04moostang
07-22-08, 10:43 AM
You and me both, but my wife will understand that the Cobra comes first lol

i told my current girlfriend that if we end up getting married, that i gotta have my car or it wont work out.

Gene
07-22-08, 11:59 AM
It's come down to having sex with your GF to borrow cash from her? lol i'm sorry that's just funny.

It's usually the reverse lol!

4doorfoxy
07-22-08, 05:10 PM
Hehe.... you guys just need a REAL woman who's into cars if you gotta make rules like that before you get married lol

Gene
07-22-08, 07:40 PM
Hehe.... you guys just need a REAL woman who's into cars if you gotta make rules like that before you get married lol

A) you already are or B) you're going to make some lucky man real happy.

AZSonicSnake
07-22-08, 08:01 PM

nice! and thanks for the correction. :biglaugh:

BurnTire
07-22-08, 08:27 PM
Wow this thread really up the site post count.

About2Bite
07-22-08, 08:43 PM
Wow, this thread really up the site post count.

So there is a good side to this thread :cool2:

Fwiw that smiley is anything but cool

santa_rosa_lt1
07-23-08, 12:04 AM
:stupid:

helping the post count.

Rev'n Kevin
07-23-08, 12:10 AM
Wow this thread really up the site post count.

And just think you were going to lock it :biglaugh:

BurnTire
07-23-08, 12:19 AM
And just think you were going to lock it :biglaugh:

It got too amusing to lock.

Rev'n Kevin
07-23-08, 12:26 AM
Ya, I got a chuckle or two out of it, mainly it was like a car wreck, I just couldn't take my eyes off it, or a soap opera, what's gonna happen next :biglaugh:

About2Bite
07-23-08, 02:37 AM
:stupid:

helping the post count.

:postwhore:

1966PonyGirl
07-23-08, 11:39 AM

you said it foxy!

04moostang
07-23-08, 03:49 PM
this site needed some fun! it kinda spiced things up around here lol.

Sqrlnts
07-23-08, 07:31 PM
On a side note, If anyone is a member of Corral, log in and check out mustank's trader rating over there, it looks to speak for itself.

Its a 100% positive over 28 deals, in case you don't have an account.

4doorfoxy
07-24-08, 04:16 PM
A) you already are or B) you're going to make some lucky man real happy.
Ha..... tell that to my boyfriend...
I'm thinkin he missed that memo lol

FalconGTHO
07-25-08, 02:59 AM
Ha..... tell that to my boyfriend...
I'm thinkin he missed that memo lol

Time for a replacement.