PDA

View Full Version : problem with Spec clutch for 05 GT

newmer28
07-17-08, 06:28 PM
I put in a Spec stage 2 clutch with a Steel light weight flywheel about 5000miles ago. Now im having problems with it. It feels as tho the clutch isn't disenguaging from the flywheel. The main problem is in high RPM's. When I shift at high RPM's I can't get it into gear untill I let the RPM's get down. Now the other problem is just getting into First and reverse. Most have the time to get it in reverse the car needs to roll a little bit. First tho takes some pressure to get it in. The last problem is I can put it in gear with the clutch in and rev the piss out of it till like 5,000RPM's and the car will roll if it is in 1st or 2nd.

I have the full use of Alldata but it has nothing on how to adjust the clutch or clutch pedal. When looking it over myself I can't find any pedal adjustment or a way to bleed the hydraulic clutch. Ive herd about bleeding the breaks will do the trick, but i know for a fact that wont work. The reason is they run off different systems but the same reservoir. You have to bleed the actual break system or the clutch system.

I've run out of ideas for this clutch and how to fix it. Any in put of experance would be greatfully appreciated.

fazm
07-17-08, 07:52 PM
they cant be adjusted unless you have the mcleod adjustable slave cylinder

bleeding the clutch is a pita. i just jack up the front left of the car, let it drip (gravity bleed) then close it up, pump the pedal for 10 minutes and call it good.

i assume this is a gt?

wickedcobra
07-18-08, 12:52 AM
Would bad syncros cause this problem?

fazm
07-18-08, 07:17 PM
could but usually accompanied by tons of grinding.

almost sounds like the slave cylinder/release bearing is going bad or there is air in the lines/cylinder.

jtleng
07-18-08, 07:43 PM
This may help:dunno:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/79773-those-you-considering-aftermarket-clutches-beware.html

dtsoxs
07-18-08, 09:44 PM
i had the exact same problem with the centerforce in my cobra had to replace the whole thing 1200$ later i had a new spec stage3+ and it shifts like a champ now :pinkthumb: