PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone fuel savers

Mr. Austin
06-02-08, 03:31 AM
OK so i have heard that they are Fraud and after thinking about it for 75 bucks they would be. But curious i was reading some other forums and they were all talking about how ba dit was but they were talking about it being on fuel injection cars. now if its in the air intake on the car then by the time the air passes the fins It may spin but by the time the ari gets to the motor it wuld be spining anymore. plus the fins trying to get the air to change direction would constrict airflow. but one guy finally got smart and starting about the old carb motors. if you put it inside the filter right about the carb intake. would the air comin through the filter automatically start spinning and eventually spin through the Cyclone and straight down into the carb. just seeing what other peoples opinions are on this topic

santa_rosa_lt1
06-02-08, 04:10 AM
Id say don't waste your time.I haven't seen any proof that they would give you better fuel economy.

IMHO

ASUSMC
06-02-08, 09:11 AM
Not only that. How long is it going to take to save you $75 in gas? Would changing your driving habits just a little bit save you more?

AZSonicSnake
06-02-08, 09:56 AM
waste of cash. not even worth your time. i think jeff has the best point to be made. you could probably save more by not mashing the gas as hard. but, thats easier said than done.

Mr. Austin
06-02-08, 01:55 PM
i have actually eased out on the gas but still well i was just curious because the deign it simple and you cn make it yourself

06GT
06-02-08, 02:12 PM
I hear if you put 5 Tornado Air fans in sequence in the intake, you can get 5lbs of boost on an N/A car :)

Mr. Austin
06-02-08, 09:41 PM
seriously?!?!?!

Double0Fox
06-02-08, 09:49 PM
I can't remember but someone did a couple Dyno runs with one, and they actually saw a 1 ot 2 hp decrease. If I find where it was I will post it up. If they really worked, you would see OEM ones in cars.

santa_rosa_lt1
06-02-08, 09:49 PM
i seen it on myth busters too!

wasn't it more like 5.5lbs boost?

Mr. Austin
06-03-08, 12:20 AM
true i can see the carb ones working but the one in a fuel injector wouldnt make sens eht eifve i can see because it would finally get the air moving

santa_rosa_lt1
06-03-08, 02:19 AM
I was just playing about the carb ones there all a joke man, save that $75 for fuel

About2Bite
06-03-08, 02:28 AM
Just lean out your AFR a bit lol

I wouldn't waste my money on one, but that's just me.

Mr. Austin
06-03-08, 02:52 PM
no i agree and i was just saying if any of those would actually work i can see maybe the carb but no go