PDA

View Full Version : neebie from ny

stangboy86
04-26-08, 02:23 PM
NEWBIE* Hello everyone. my name is Pete. im an hvac mechanic by trade and im looking to relocate to az from ny. was looking for homes near firebird raceway. yes, i am that much of a motorhead. i currently own three stangs: 84 svo, 87 gt vert, 86 caged coupe drag car. so how is stang life in arizona? also im a member on the corral. so tell me a lil bout arizona.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1405/hpim1232gu0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6641/mustang011ko8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ruckus46gt
04-26-08, 03:31 PM
welcome where in ny are you from? I'm from long island but am in az now

Jacostang
04-26-08, 04:40 PM
Welcome, hope you like it hot!! summer si comming and we have a huge Mustang Family here!! Always nice to have the Foxes show up! Let us know when your in town!!!

1966PonyGirl
04-27-08, 11:12 AM
hey there! i would have to say that stang life is alive and kicking! if you do move out here you will learn to drink lots and lots of water! and az has killer sunsets/sunrises, awesome camping and hiking.

wickedcobra
04-27-08, 11:21 AM
welcome to the site.

BurnTire
04-27-08, 11:42 AM
:welcome4:

stangboy86
04-27-08, 03:40 PM
welcome where in ny are you from? I'm from long island but am in az now
im from the newburgh area about an hour north of the city.

stangboy86
04-27-08, 03:43 PM
hey there! i would have to say that stang life is alive and kicking! if you do move out here you will learn to drink lots and lots of water! and az has killer sunsets/sunrises, awesome camping and hiking.
yea thats why i want to move there. also i LOVE good pavement. ny roads are riddled with potholes. i was there for a couple weeks near flagstaff about four years ago and im sorry i came back to ny.

1966PonyGirl
04-28-08, 07:09 AM
yea thats why i want to move there. also i LOVE good pavement. ny roads are riddled with potholes. i was there for a couple weeks near flagstaff about four years ago and im sorry i came back to ny.

i can say that we dont have many of those. i am originally from so cal and those are some nasty roads! AZ is much better!!! any where up north is beautiful!

Chris B.
04-28-08, 08:27 AM
Welcome!! Are you a licensed contractor in the HVAC business or mechanic only? Either way AZ is definately the place to be, you will always be busy especially during the summer months.

wolfwrangler
04-28-08, 09:51 AM
Welcome. I moved to Mesa AZ from Utica NY............well it's been a while. We were back there last July to visit. When we first moved out here our car insurance nearly doubled for me and my wife. On the bright side you won't need a "winter rat". In the Phoenix area you'll be able to drive your nice Mustang year round. There is plenty to see and do around here, you should Never be bored!

stangboy86
04-28-08, 09:51 AM
Welcome!! Are you a licensed contractor in the HVAC business or mechanic only? Either way AZ is definately the place to be, you will always be busy especially during the summer months.
ive got about 8yrs in the trade. ive had my freon certification for about 6 yrs now. i started as a sheetmetal installer and last year i ran ac service for a while. ive done a lot of commercial work as well. i also have a B certification in auto mechanics. i went to a vocational school while in high school for auto mechanics. not sure how the hell i ended up doing heating/ac. pays the bills though and its pretty interesting. also, i do all of my own everything. mechanics, heat/ac, carpentry, tile, electric, roofing, you name it. im a man of many hats...lol. more than anything though i love the smell of 112 octane. foxbody mustangs are my passion. im hoping to meet more people like myself in az. im not going to lie... ny sucks. people here are rude and obnoxious. everybody wants to be "top dog" in the damn parking lots around here. just reading your forums i can tell that all you guys are really friendly. thank you all for welcoming me aboard. im looking forward to meeting you guys at the strip.:highfive:

stangboy86
04-28-08, 10:00 AM
Welcome. I moved to Mesa AZ from Utica NY............well it's been a while. We were back there last July to visit. When we first moved out here our car insurance nearly doubled for me and my wife. On the bright side you won't need a "winter rat". In the Phoenix area you'll be able to drive your nice Mustang year round. There is plenty to see and do around here, you should Never be bored!
hahaha... looking forward to ditching the whole "winter rat" idea. sick of shoveling and plowing snow too. utica is up there... you guys get a lot more snow than we do here in ulster/orange county. as far as my insurance... well my driving record is far from perfect but ive managed to keep three vehicles on the road for years now. besides, the school and land taxes here are killing me. im paying over $4000 a year and my house isnt very nice. its a fixxer upper. my friggin taxes and insurance combined are more expensive than the actual mortgage payment!!! i cant wait to leave here. just not sure where i can find a home, in a decent neighborhood, with a little land. here i have over an acre of property and privacy. im having trouble finding something comparable in az.

Chris B.
04-28-08, 10:23 AM
You should check out the Town of Maricopa, it's near Firebird and you might even be able to get a house on some property there.

HIKER
04-28-08, 11:07 AM
Welcome New Yorker...

As an ex New Yorker myself I can say it's much nicer out here although I still like NY.

City of Maricopa is nice and there some great deals on homes right now.... but beware of strong agricultural smells.

Being in A/C repair you should have no problem getting work out here. You might want to consider a more centralized location to minimize driving.

GO RANGERS

stangboy86
04-28-08, 02:32 PM
Welcome New Yorker...

As an ex New Yorker myself I can say it's much nicer out here although I still like NY.

City of Maricopa is nice and there some great deals on homes right now.... but beware of strong agricultural smells.

Being in A/C repair you should have no problem getting work out here. You might want to consider a more centralized location to minimize driving.

GO RANGERS
WOW!!! im in love w/ the fastback in your sig. thank you for the advice. that is something i have not thought of. i know there is a lot of agriculture on the outskirts. i've been using http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=35.701944&lon=-84.185&z=13&r=0&src=msl
to view possibilities of places to look for homes as well as checking out all the real estate sites. i cant thank the members here enough for the responses, advice, and kindness. after all the local people know best.

HIKER
04-28-08, 10:14 PM
Well, there's not tons of agriculture on the outskirts because most of the outshirts are reservations. Just Maricopa which borders two reso's still has four big cow farms around there city limits. The largest moved two years ago about 10 west of Gila Bend. But the one's that are left can really knock you out on a windy day.

1966PonyGirl
04-28-08, 10:22 PM
my mom lives out in maricopa and she tells me about how it is when she is down wind. the real mustang and quarter horse have it bad with the flys! eeek!

HIKER
04-29-08, 01:27 PM
I've been out there during the monsoon season when the humidity is high and the wind is coming out of the west.

The air is thicker then the mens pisser at the Sun Devils game in the third quarter...and that's bad...

1966PonyGirl
04-29-08, 03:11 PM
I've been out there during the monsoon season when the humidity is high and the wind is coming out of the west.

The air is thicker then the mens pisser at the Sun Devils game in the third quarter...and that's bad...

ewwwwwwwwww!!! rofl!

Jacostang
05-01-08, 09:18 AM

Never thought of it that way!!! Nice!