PDA

View Full Version : My Mustang Family

Jacostang
04-07-08, 10:51 PM
I just thought I would throw this out there.

I have had many friends over the years and I still keep in touch with a couple of high school buddies but I have to say that this piece of machinery called the Ford Mustang has brought me more than just transportation. I joined the Copperstate Mustang Club about 5 years ago at the request of a friend. I went to a board meeting and it has been great ever since. The people so diverse in careers and politics but come together to enjoy our Mustangs and it has brought me so many more friends than I could ever imagine, good friends! Now even more here on the HPS site. I sit down and see all the new friends I have here, I feel like I have known you guys for a very long time. I have not met all of you yet but I will and I know many of you are all over the world so that is going to be a tough one but someday we will all meet.

In the past months I have spent more and more time with “My Mustang Friends” as my wife Denise call all of you and we sat down and chatted about it. Dee is finishing up her nursing degree this year and she is either working or in school but she said something the other day that really started me to think… She asked me if I ever thought that when I joined the club that I would have so many friends?? I am completely blown away now and I know why… When I go into my garage in the morning, the first thing I see is my 06 GT and in it I see all of you and all the smiles and laughs of the past weekend! You have all made a huge impact in my families life, really I don’t know if you ever think about it but you do. Connor and Cameron really love you guys, all they talk about is how much fun they have when we are all together and when we will see you again.. Last weekend I was so proud to bring home the club trophy from The Jennabear’s Show. It just shows how much you really care as a group. The past weekend with the Rock & Roll Show and cruise was just absolutely fantastic!

You all know who you are and now, and now you know just how important you are to me and my family. I am not just talking about Members of the CMC but all of you here on this site, I consider you all to be

“My Mustang Family”

D

PS and an occasional Camaro!!

RockysMom
04-07-08, 11:06 PM
I feel the same Dave, Since I dont really have family except for my daughter out here. I love hanging out withyou guys and hate the winter here cause there is usually nothing going on. I cant wait for this weekend to see yall again.

****wipes tears from her eyes****

You guys ROCK!!!
T

BurnTire
04-07-08, 11:07 PM
I agree with you Dave. I knew only 2 people when I moved out here. Now the majority of friends I have are all related to mustangs and this site. Rock On CMC and HPS.

rdrumm
04-08-08, 07:28 AM
Couldn't agree more!

Chris B.
04-08-08, 07:59 AM
It's funny how one's life can change in just a few years! From a tragedy in my life 3 years ago I have made new friends now. And it's all because of a Black 69 Mach 1 that has been a part of my life for 28 years.

4Jenna
04-08-08, 08:22 AM
How true, great post Dave!

AZSonicSnake
04-08-08, 09:25 AM
great post dave! some very true words there. i was thinking about that same thing on the way down sunday. just what a great time i had and how thankful i am for the group of people i am around. i have been around a few cars clubs, and none have been as rewarding as this group. what a great group, and the fact that we get out, have a good time, and never have issues with drama, its just unblieveable. i love it. i feel so proud to say i am a copperstate mustang club member, as well as just a mustang owner in general.

03cobrazzz
04-08-08, 09:36 AM
:pinkthumb:im feeling the same way i love all the activitys and have a lot of fun i missed out on before i joined the club and also thumbs up to jeff to bring this site together with the club.:pinkthumb::pinkthumb::pinkthumb::pinkthumb:: pinkthumb::pinkthumb::pinkthumb::pinkthumb:

Rev'n Kevin
04-08-08, 09:37 AM
Can you feel the love? Okay, group hug everybody...

4doorfoxy
04-08-08, 11:04 AM
Very well said guys. I can only agree 100% on this one. Why else would I make the trip from Prescott to Phoenix EVERY weekend other than to hang out with all you great people?! I am 1200 miles away from ANY of my family and only see them twice a year really. I know before I met Tony I didn't know what to do with myself here up north all the time with not so real friends and now I'm down every weekend because I love you all so much. It is just something beyond words to be able to share something you're passionate about with a bunch of other people who share the same feelings. You can't beat that!

But past all that, this is just a really amazing group. As Tony said, this club has none of the BS or drama normally associated with most car clubs. None of you guys put each other or your cars down and none of you look down on other types of cars really. Everyone here just really appreciates a true gearhead and the effort and work put into a car, no matter what it is. That's what I love... and I have seen people in the group go out of their way to help other members without even a second thought. How cool is our club?!

I may not have been around for long but you better believe you'll have a hard time getting rid of me!

RockysMom
04-08-08, 08:17 PM
And another thing DAVE, ya pick on me like my real brother would so yes, You all are family!!! I love you guys!!!:highfive:

RockysMom
04-08-08, 08:19 PM
And you missy, you just jumped right in there like there was no tomorrow. Laughing and having fun with all of us. Your great, thanks for all the nice pictures. ****wipes a tear***

Very well said guys. I can only agree 100% on this one. Why else would I make the trip from Prescott to Phoenix EVERY weekend other than to hang out with all you great people?! I am 1200 miles away from ANY of my family and only see them twice a year really. I know before I met Tony I didn't know what to do with myself here up north all the time with not so real friends and now I'm down every weekend because I love you all so much. It is just something beyond words to be able to share something you're passionate about with a bunch of other people who share the same feelings. You can't beat that!

But past all that, this is just a really amazing group. As Tony said, this club has none of the BS or drama normally associated with most car clubs. None of you guys put each other or your cars down and none of you look down on other types of cars really. Everyone here just really appreciates a true gearhead and the effort and work put into a car, no matter what it is. That's what I love... and I have seen people in the group go out of their way to help other members without even a second thought. How cool is our club?!

I may not have been around for long but you better believe you'll have a hard time getting rid of me!

svtrichie
04-08-08, 09:03 PM
Being fairly new to the club, I have already had so many great experiences with the club members. One of the biggest reasons that I joined was from meeting Dave out at the Pivilions one saturday night.

kbldoc
04-08-08, 10:04 PM

About2Bite
04-08-08, 11:08 PM
I will say there are a lot of cool guys on this site and in the valley. I have yet to meet too many "car guys" in this area but the ones I hang out with and meet at these shows are cool down to earth guys who love cars. Definitely makes owning this car that much better.

The car show in at Berge the other day was great and congrats to those who won, hopefully we'll all get togethor again soon.

Josh

Stern90LX
04-08-08, 11:49 PM
As I sat here and read what you wrote Dave I came to realize I had this "Knowning Smile" stuck on my face. I too have thought of my fellow club members(CMC and other Mustang Clubs I associate with) as my extended family in the past. It's one of those unexplainable kinships that just happen. Much like the Harley-Davidson owners are a very tight brotherhood of bikers, so have die-hard Mustang owners become.

What the old saying? "Birds of a feather flock together."

BTW, I know I'm not the only one here that does it, and I suspect a great deal of you do it without realizing it, but every time I step outside or into the garage, or where ever my Mustang is parked I smile at it upon see it.
Or when ever I see another nice Mustang on the road I smile at it and wonder if I'll get to meet it's owner sometime.

AZSonicSnake
04-08-08, 11:53 PM
glad i am not the only one!! i always go say good night too. i love mah baby!!

RockysMom
04-08-08, 11:56 PM
Well "Rocky" get's a "Hi Baby" whenever I go in the garage and a "Night baby" when I leave him, I wont even let another car (like a rental) sleep in his bed when he is at the docs for fixin. Funny huh, I dont think so. Thats his garage hehehe:biglaugh:

Stern90LX
04-09-08, 12:00 AM
LOL.. too funny, I have been known to say g'night to mine on the way in from the garage. Or the opposite, walk out into the garage in the morning and say, "Mornin' sexy!"

svtrichie
04-09-08, 12:01 AM
My girlfriend always gives me stuff about looking into the garage at night before bed. Just want to make sure everything is alright. Or sometimes I just disappear for awhile and she finds me sitting in one of my cars after a few beers just thinking!! Good times.

RockysMom
04-09-08, 12:06 AM
Thats what im talking about!!!!

My girlfriend always gives me stuff about looking into the garage at night before bed. Just want to make sure everything is alright. Or sometimes I just disappear for awhile and she finds me sitting in one of my cars after a few beers just thinking!! Good times.

Stern90LX
04-09-08, 12:08 AM

:laughing: I don't sit in mine doing that, I have been found on occasion by my roommate sitting in the garage on top of the reach in freezer staring at mine while in deep thought(glassy eye'd and all). I don't smoke in the house so a trip to the garage for Cig is a good excuse to spend more time with her.

Pantera
04-09-08, 11:17 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2vuwtp4.jpg

FalconGTHO
04-17-08, 11:42 PM
Cheers to the "Mustang Brotherhood".

And while I dont say goodnight, I get the, "cuddling up to my girlfriend" kind of feeling whenever I get in the car.

On the third day of ownership, as I was leaving work, I told my boss, "Im going home and have sex with my car". Lol. For the first few days I DID go out the the garage to stare and breathe in the "new car perfume".