PDA

View Full Version : Clean, good on gas type car wanted

JoeT
04-03-08, 03:37 PM
Im looking for a clean, good on gas type car for my 17 year old nephew. Doesn't have to be perfect but would like for it to be reliable since he will be taking this to college soon. Small Pickups ok as well.

We will be having vehicle inspected prior to purchase so please no junkers.

Send me a PM if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Phoenix Metro Area only please.

TorchedMach1
04-03-08, 06:04 PM
I might be getting rid of a '98 Mustang GT. It's maroon in color, auto transmission, and has about 90,000 on the clock. Cars runs fine, we just might be upgrading soon. PM me if interested.

chewbaccajones
04-03-08, 06:32 PM
What do you mean "good on gas?"

TruBluScreamer
04-03-08, 06:37 PM
What do you mean "good on gas?"

Ive never heard of such a thing

04WhininCobra
04-03-08, 06:45 PM
I have an 04 GT for sale, only 41,000 miles.

JoeT
04-03-08, 10:07 PM
Guess I better clarify things. This is for a 17 year old that Grandpa is buying for his graduation. More than likely wont be a Mustang unless its a 4 cylinder since gas/insurance would eat him up in college.

We are going to be in the 4000.00 or less range. Since I'm looking in all the auto traders anyway I figured this could help out someone on HPS that is trying to dump a car that is still reliable and could be a decent car for my nephew.

He had a Dodge Neon that he blew up yesterday. So we are looking for a Honda or a Toyota, just something smaller that is in good shape that could help him get thru college.

Sorry if I confused everyone. I guess I should have realized this place bleeds stangs! :bounce: For the record his ideal car to him would be a Mustang, but at 17 thats probably not going to happen, he works at Samarai Sams 25 hours a week, but at least he works and is finishing High School!

04WhininCobra
04-03-08, 10:13 PM
Guess I better clarify things. This is for a 17 year old that Grandpa is buying for his graduation. More than likely wont be a Mustang unless its a 4 cylinder since gas/insurance would eat him up in college.

We are going to be in the 4000.00 or less range. Since I'm looking in all the auto traders anyway I figured this could help out someone on HPS that is trying to dump a car that is still reliable and could be a decent car for my nephew.

He had a Dodge Neon that he blew up yesterday. So we are looking for a Honda or a Toyota, just something smaller that is in good shape that could help him get thru college.

Sorry if I confused everyone. I guess I should have realized this place bleeds stangs! :bounce: For the record his ideal car to him would be a Mustang, but at 17 thats probably not going to happen, he works at Samarai Sams 25 hours a week, but at least he works and is finishing High School!

I knew what you meant, but it doesnt hurt to try!:laughing:

chewbaccajones
04-03-08, 11:25 PM
Get him a late 90's crown vic interceptor. Big, safe, decent mileage, and they can take a beating. I had one a while back. It would be in that price range too.

midnightrun
04-15-08, 09:11 AM
give me a call if you are still looking for a car. i got one that is perfect for you and clean. gene 480 326 4339