PDA

View Full Version : Nice use of a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra

BurnTire
03-26-08, 04:39 PM

About2Bite
03-26-08, 05:08 PM
That seems so illegal. Not using a Cobra and 350Z as undercover cop cars, but to take someones car for street racing? i can understand fines and points and suspended liscense but to take someones car is crossing the line imo. I would definately be pissed beyond belief if I saw a cop driving my hard earned Cobra down the streets, especially since he more than likely knows nothing about the car or it's background.

93mustank
03-26-08, 05:44 PM
I would not let that happen....

IMSHAKN
03-26-08, 07:37 PM
As much as I hate to say it, in a criminal case like that, you have forfeited your right to the car by street racing. Race your car on the street, risk your ride. If you are going to do it, just know that you are possibly going to say goodbye to your car if you get caught. :yes:

93mustank
03-26-08, 07:52 PM
So does he still have to pay it off even though they take it..... So in reality his fine is 25,000 ?

SMOKE
03-26-08, 08:08 PM
It's no different than if you're hauling a dope load in an Escilade and get caught; vehicle gets seized too. Same thing w/ street racing; you're using the vehicle to facilitate the crime so the car gets confiscated too.

On a side note, I'd be damn pissed too though. lol

93 svt
03-26-08, 08:49 PM
Driving is a privalidge

AZSonicSnake
03-26-08, 08:52 PM
wow...thats jacked up. but then again, do something stupid, guess you pay the ultimate price.

IMSHAKN
03-26-08, 09:45 PM
So does he still have to pay it off even though they take it..... So in reality his fine is 25,000 ?

Doubtful that they'd pay it off. I'd be mad as hell, but then again I honestly try not to do that stuff on the street these days. I've had too many close calls myself and know people who have died street racing here in the valley.

About2Bite
03-26-08, 10:46 PM

The car is more than likely paid off, if there was still a lean on the title the bank would get the car. That's prety crappy, one race and it cost him a 25K car and now he's probably driving around in an Aveo.

Josh

IMSHAKN
03-27-08, 12:36 AM
An Aveo! :biglaugh:

Jacostang
03-27-08, 12:41 AM
Well, it could be much worse!! This is from a street racing incident and I remember in AJ on one night that took the life of a 19 old pregnant girl. She was sitting at the light at Meridian and the Trail when she got blasted from behind by a Dodge pickup racing another car that left the scene. In my 25 years as a paramedic there isn't much worse than that..............

About2Bite
03-27-08, 02:12 AM
WOW now that is horrible, now depending on the circumstances I can understand the police taking the car. Say if it was when there were cars on the streets, anythime during the day etc. that makes perfect sense but to give the car to a cop, I just don't know if I could see my car being driven by an officer and just stay calm about it. Especially if I were in an Aveo lol.

chewbaccajones
03-27-08, 09:59 AM
Driving is a privalidge

Driving is a privilege but they usually take your license not your car. They are taking racers cars but why not severe DUI drivers cars? I don't street race but if they take my car for some reason, they can pay the bitch off.

Would anyone pull over for that car? Unmarked with some cheesy blue lights and a meathead behind the wheel? Looks like an imposter. If that was behind me with the lights on, I would probably call 911 to verify that I wasn't about to get jacked.

Aveo FTMFW!

Jacostang
03-27-08, 11:33 AM
I agree wuth you but.. I have seen so many 5x and 6x dui offenders in crashes without valid drivers licenses. Even if they have had their privilege removed they still drive everyday! They are out there the only way to keep these offenders off the street is JAIL.

I think most people forget what you have siad that driving is a privilege and not a right of passage. Driving a car is as dangerous as a loaded gun and in the hands of a loser, well you know the outcome....

If you take the need to drive away then they wont need to and in jail all the travel plans are made for you!!!!!

Oh yeah and they should have to pay for their stay! Work on the farm or make plates or pull weeds!! Something so that the taxpayers don't have to be pumped for three hots and a cot!

tcchubb
03-27-08, 12:21 PM
the car is supposed to be making over 500hp even with it dumbed down by the police. it is going to be at a dyno day at pro-dyno in a couple of weekends. i will let everyone know what it put down.

IMSHAKN
03-27-08, 12:29 PM
I think the cobra is in some good hands and that it's likely to find itself out at the track on occasion in its campaign to end street racing. I'm sure the officers who will come in contact with it will know a fair bit about it. It's not like your typical officer will be driving this car, it's going to be part of a special task force I'm sure.

Man does it suck to be the owner of that car though. :redface:

wickedcobra
03-27-08, 01:03 PM
Well, it could be much worse!! This is from a street racing incident and I remember in AJ on one night that took the life of a 19 old pregnant girl. She was sitting at the light at Meridian and the Trail when she got blasted from behind by a Dodge pickup racing another car that left the scene. In my 25 years as a paramedic there isn't much worse than that..............

Thats one tuff ass tree.

About2Bite
03-27-08, 01:16 PM
I think the cobra is in some good hands and that it's likely to find itself out at the track on occasion in its campaign to end street racing. I'm sure the officers who will come in contact with it will know a fair bit about it. It's not like your typical officer will be driving this car, it's going to be part of a special task force I'm sure.

Man does it suck to be the owner of that car though. :redface:

I would bet this is more of a treat to others who street race saying "Look what we can do" not "look at what we will do" it just happened that the owners of those two cars were used as the example. I can't see them taking every car, or even the majority of the cars, they pull over for street racing becuase they would have and abundance of LS1 Camaros and Trans Ams they wouldn't know what to do with :bounce:

chewbaccajones
03-27-08, 08:12 PM
was that a volvo?