PDA

View Full Version : Dinner & a Movie after Jennabears Car Show

HanksGT
03-21-08, 11:12 PM
Jacostang has suggested an invite for anyone from HPS or CMC that would like to watch a movie on the big screen (20 x 30 feet) at my house after the Jennabears show. We were thinking pot luck BBQ at 5pm and movie around 7pm (when it gets dark). We're at Cave Creek and the 101. Reply and let us know how many are coming and what you can bring (Costco is on the corner for last minute shopping needs). Maps will be provided at the car show. We'll provide the soft drinks and BBQ grill. We have a fenced in pool if anyone would like to cool off and watch the movie.

Movie by popular vote:
Gone in 60 seconds (new)
Gone in 60 Seconds (orig 1974)
or Add your suggestion here...

FalconGTHO
03-22-08, 12:11 AM
Sounds cool. I planned to do the usual Safeway bit after Jennabears, so it would be a natural thing to go do the movie thing after that.

I havent seen the new GISS, the old one sucks except for the chase.

My vote, of course, is Mad Max or Road Warrior.

Other choices:

Christine
American Graffiti
Two Lane Blacktop
Vanishing Point
Le Mans
Bullitt
The Last Chase
Grand Prix

Jacostang
03-22-08, 07:37 AM
Yep! You know I'm in with Connor man and I vote for the new Gone in 60 seconds!

4Jenna
03-24-08, 03:32 PM
Sounds like fun!!

Jacostang
03-24-08, 04:18 PM
We would like a head count so chyme in!!

Torchmach
03-24-08, 04:41 PM
Count me in Hank ! I could bring The Blues Brothers, or Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!!!

(Does anyone know the flight velocity of an unladen Swallow!)

Jacostang
03-24-08, 04:52 PM
African or european?????

silver03cobra
03-24-08, 06:03 PM
Just got done with worlds fastest Indian GREAT MOVIE!

Torchmach
03-24-08, 08:21 PM
African or european?????

What???????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!! I don't Know!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!

HanksGT
03-24-08, 08:46 PM
We have a half pack of cigs, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! Anthony and I love waitching the Blues Brothers. But for saftey I think we'll stick with GISS (new).

Sorry-you'll have to check with burntire on flight velocity.

Count me in Hank ! I could bring The Blues Brothers, or Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!!!

(Does anyone know the flight velocity of an unladen Swallow!)

4doorfoxy
03-25-08, 06:30 PM
I've got all 3 of the Smokey and the Bandit movies too if anyone wants to watch those lol

Jacostang
03-25-08, 06:54 PM
^^^ That figures!!

4doorfoxy
03-25-08, 07:57 PM
Whatcha tryin to say Mr. Dave?! lol

Jacostang
03-25-08, 08:06 PM
Notin, Nothin at all!!:biglaugh:

HIKER
03-25-08, 10:49 PM
Holy crap Batman....20 x 30 feet...

If anything you have to show just the chase scene from Bullit. It's 1 hour 20 minutes in to the movie...

Other full length movies....

Lemans
Grand Prix
American Graffiti

FalconGTHO
03-25-08, 11:24 PM

If anything you have to show just the chase scene from Bullit. It's 1 hour 20 minutes in to the movie...

Lemans
Grand Prix
American Graffiti

Like minds...

HanksGT
03-25-08, 11:38 PM
I did that 2 weeks ago. Sons friend has never seen the movie-so we did the chase scene on the big screen. We could start Bullitt at 5pm and listen to the sound, at 6:20 it may be dark enough to see the chase scene. Will you be attending?

Lemans
Grand Prix
American Graffiti

HanksGT
03-25-08, 11:40 PM
We watched Smokey a couple of months ago. Never realized it was an automatic before! Well, if anyone is up for a late show, we could vote on another movie for after GISS...

I've got all 3 of the Smokey and the Bandit movies too if anyone wants to watch those lol

Jacostang
03-26-08, 09:20 AM
We could fire up the Bullitt chase scene then watch American Graffiti

03cobrazzz
03-26-08, 09:44 AM
We could fire up the Bullitt chase scene then watch American Graffitii need to work on sat til 5pm .i would like to meet up with u guys to se the movie can someone pm me the adrees please.i'll bring hotdogs and bunns.:biglaugh:

HIKER
03-26-08, 01:36 PM
I'll try to make it. I'd just like to see your neighborhood street lined with Mustangs...that would be the coolest....

HanksGT
03-26-08, 01:44 PM
OK- you have a PM...

i need to work on sat til 5pm .i would like to meet up with u guys to se the movie can someone pm me the adrees please.i'll bring hotdogs and bunns.:biglaugh:

chewbaccajones
03-27-08, 08:19 PM

Really, there's 3? I was only aware of 2.

RockysMom
03-27-08, 10:30 PM
I will be there, Hank just tell me what I should bring kk:biglaugh:

HanksGT
03-27-08, 10:41 PM
IMDB.com confirms Smokey Part 3 1983

Really, there's 3? I was only aware of 2.

HanksGT
03-27-08, 10:52 PM
I'm providing water, soft drinks, chips, potatoe salad, condiments and an apple pie. And we're good on microwave popcorn. Someone said they're bringing hot dogs and buns. Bring a main item you want to BBQ.

Costco is on the corner and Albertson's is 2 miles south of 101 on Cave Creek Rd.

So far I'm counting about 10 people. Speak up if you have not said "I'll be there" and how many...

I will be there, Hank just tell me what I should bring kk:biglaugh:

FalconGTHO
03-28-08, 01:50 AM
We could fire up the Bullitt chase scene then watch American Graffiti

That works good.

03cobrazzz
03-28-08, 09:30 PM
so 20 dogs and bunns it will be.

AZSonicSnake
03-30-08, 10:26 AM
i wanted to personally thank hank and his family for letting us come hang out and have a great time with awesome friends and great food. the movie setup is awesome! i had a fun time. i cannot wait to do that again. what a fun time.

thank you!!

Jacostang
03-30-08, 11:03 AM
Yes! Thak You! Hank and I think we said maybe in 2 weeks after Pavillions or whatever, the nights are getting shorter and temps on the rise! April 12th!!

HanksGT
03-30-08, 09:25 PM
We were happy to share our "theatre" with everyone. I'm sorry I forgot to snap a photo of the 'stangs in front of the house. OK, so game on for April 12 for a movie and a snack after the Pavillions (7:30pm).

Let's vote on our favorite car movie to watch. Quote the list and add your vote (or movie title):

American Graffiti
Back to the Future
Blues Brothers
Cannonball Run
Mad Max
Smokey and the Bandit 1
Used Cars

Yes! Thak You! Hank and I think we said maybe in 2 weeks after Pavillions or whatever, the nights are getting shorter and temps on the rise! April 12th!!

AZSonicSnake
03-30-08, 09:28 PM
awesome!! i think this time i am gonna drag the mrs and my little guy with me, so long as thats ok.

my vote on the movie would be back to the future! or even ghostbusters...

btw- maybe should we fire up a new thread to avoid confusion?

HanksGT
03-30-08, 10:49 PM
Yes, bring the family!

Good idea. New thread started in The Lounge: April 12 Movie after Pav's.

awesome!! i think this time i am gonna drag the mrs and my little guy with me, so long as thats ok.

my vote on the movie would be back to the future! or even ghostbusters...

btw- maybe should we fire up a new thread to avoid confusion?