PDA

View Full Version : My GT 500 at Sunset

CDW63
02-18-08, 12:01 AM
I took a series of photos at the Wild Horse Pass Resort on Sunday night. Here is the larger version of the one I will be using for my avtar.

BurnTire
02-18-08, 12:03 AM
Looks Great!

AZSonicSnake
02-18-08, 12:08 AM
thats sexy right thar!! very nice!!

4doorfoxy
02-18-08, 12:11 AM
Looks great! Is that an HDR photo?

06GT
02-18-08, 02:29 AM
HOT. Time for some lowering springs :)

wickedcobra
02-18-08, 02:49 AM
Niiiiicee...............

maddme
02-18-08, 08:05 AM
I love your car man. :pepper:

ASUSMC
02-18-08, 08:12 AM
That is beautiful

Blackmagic1
02-18-08, 09:56 AM
HOT. Time for some lowering springs :)I agree!Why Ford always makes their cars in 4x4 mode.( One thing I liked about the GM f bodys) Other than that car is suhweeet:woot2:

4Jenna
02-18-08, 10:33 AM
Niiiiice!!!!

CDW63
02-18-08, 11:28 AM
Looks great! Is that an HDR photo?

Yes (HDR), I shot 3 exposures (1 stop over/under), than used Photomatix to merge the layers. Just playing around, sorta new to this.

I have seen several of your garage photo shoots, those are very impressive. I would like to come watch the next time you setup a photo event.

CDW63
02-18-08, 11:31 AM
HOT. Time for some lowering springs :)

Absolutely, I had the Eibach pre springs on my 06 Vert, but I thought it lowered it too much on the front. So I am still trying to figure out which springs or spring/strut combo to go with.

Jacostang
02-18-08, 11:35 AM
Fantastic!! We will be there for the fall show, you will have to let us know where your 500 sat so we can do the shoot. Sweet shot!!!

06GT
02-18-08, 11:44 AM
Absolutely, I had the Eibach pre springs on my 06 Vert, but I thought it lowered it too much on the front. So I am still trying to figure out which springs or spring/strut combo to go with.

I have the FRPP springs, with GT500 wheels, and the same tire/aspect ratios as the GT500--we can meet up sometime if you want to see what it looks like in person.

I'm also in Chandler.

jjmatheson
02-18-08, 11:44 AM
Great looking car love the retro look its about time they made a mustang look like a mustang,

CDW63
02-18-08, 11:54 AM
I have the FRPP springs, with GT500 wheels, and the same tire/aspect ratios as the GT500--we can meet up sometime if you want to see what it looks like in person.

I'm also in Chandler.

That would be great, I am planning to go to the Pavillions next Saturday night.

06GT
02-18-08, 11:56 AM
That would be great, I am planning to go to the Pavillions next Saturday night.
I might be able to swing that as well. If not, we could always just meet at the mall or something.

4doorfoxy
02-18-08, 08:22 PM
Yes (HDR), I shot 3 exposures (1 stop over/under), than used Photomatix to merge the layers. Just playing around, sorta new to this.

I have seen several of your garage photo shoots, those are very impressive. I would like to come watch the next time you setup a photo event.

I figured it was, very nice. I have yet to try any HDR shots but they are soon to come as soon as I get a little bit of time to mess with it. Great shot! I heard Photomatix is one of the better programs for it, how easy is it to use? I just put CS3 on my desktop a couple weeks ago but have yet to even open it and mess with anything with how busy I've been. CS3 is supposed to have an HDR option so I may be playing around with it soon.

FalconGTHO
02-18-08, 08:59 PM
Man, thats freakin kick azz. Do you have the full size available for us wallpaper collectors?

wickedcobra
02-18-08, 09:26 PM
Why dontyou just do all four corners with a coil over set up, that way you can set the ride height at whatever you want?

Ruckus46gt
02-18-08, 09:42 PM
another way to do hdr is use shutter settings instead of exposure. Friend back home told me to do it that way instead but have yet to try it

CDW63
02-19-08, 09:43 AM
I figured it was, very nice. I have yet to try any HDR shots but they are soon to come as soon as I get a little bit of time to mess with it. Great shot! I heard Photomatix is one of the better programs for it, how easy is it to use? I just put CS3 on my desktop a couple weeks ago but have yet to even open it and mess with anything with how busy I've been. CS3 is supposed to have an HDR option so I may be playing around with it soon.

I read a very detailed article on Photomatix vs. CS3 for HDR work, I will see if I can dig that up for you. Bottom line is I use photomatix for the merging of the selected exposures, than CS3 to further edit and sharpen. One thing to note is the pic is pretty noisy, I haven't converted my noise ninja license from PC to Mac yet.

CDW63
02-19-08, 09:49 AM
another way to do hdr is use shutter settings instead of exposure. Friend back home told me to do it that way instead but have yet to try it

I think what you are trying to say is shutter adjustment vs. f/stop. And yes your friend is correct, if you adjust the f/stop the depth of field changes on each exposure which would hurt the overall detail of the final pic.

The key is to use a good tripod and adjust the shutter speed for the desired image exposure.

4doorfoxy
02-19-08, 10:51 AM
I read a very detailed article on Photomatix vs. CS3 for HDR work, I will see if I can dig that up for you. Bottom line is I use photomatix for the merging of the selected exposures, than CS3 to further edit and sharpen. One thing to note is the pic is pretty noisy, I haven't converted my noise ninja license from PC to Mac yet.

Ah thanks, I would be interested in reading that one for sure!

I think what you are trying to say is shutter adjustment vs. f/stop. And yes your friend is correct, if you adjust the f/stop the depth of field changes on each exposure which would hurt the overall detail of the final pic.

The key is to use a good tripod and adjust the shutter speed for the desired image exposure.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I was reading about it... I think when I try my first ones I'll stick with using the shutter speed instead of the f/stop because of the depth of field change. Exposure changes shouldn't be a problem since you gotta use a tripod to get the shots anyway. Besides, that's what makes me love the wireless remote I've got for m camera.