PDA

View Full Version : Shelby GTs & BULLITT F/S No Mark Up!

Greg@BergeFord
02-09-08, 09:06 AM
We have several Shelby GTs (325hp) and a Bullitt instock at no mark up.

2 Vista Blue Convertibles
3 Vista Blue Coupes
1 Black Barrett Jackson Coupe
1 Dk Highland Green BULLITTIf anyone is interested in trading up, please let me know! :hi:

Jacostang
02-09-08, 10:37 AM
Greg I wish you wouldn't do this, you know how it makes me feel!!!!:yes:

Greg@BergeFord
02-09-08, 11:06 AM
Greg I wish you wouldn't do this, you know how it makes me feel!!!!:yes:

:yes: Yes I do... which one do you want me to get cleaned up for you buddy?

:laufhing:

OH3MGSVT
02-09-08, 11:19 AM
How much are the Shelby Gt's going for?

Greg@BergeFord
02-09-08, 11:25 AM
How much are the Shelby Gt's going for?

MSRP for a Shelby GT Coupe is $41,205.00 & the Convertible is $47,995.00. :goodidea:

wickedcobra
02-09-08, 12:17 PM
I would rather get a gt500 for just a couple thousand more........

06GT
02-09-08, 01:39 PM
MSRP for a Shelby GT Coupe is $41,205.00 & the Convertible is $47,995.00. :goodidea:

That's a lot of $$ for a $helby

AZSonicSnake
02-09-08, 11:45 PM
mm...vista blue...very nice! i would get killed though...oh well guess i just have to stick with my slow piece. :)

HIKER
02-10-08, 04:07 PM
YouTube - Ford Shelby GT 500: "Germany" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbo1iaL0Lco)

YouTube - Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcmNKNEOlko&NR=1)

chewbaccajones
02-10-08, 05:25 PM
That blower whine in the Ford commercial made me want to buy the Terminator.

The second guy is definitely bringing sexy back.

CDW63
02-13-08, 10:41 AM
That GT500 commercial does a good job of showing off the sound of the supercharger. The whine is very prounounced in the higher RPM's, extremely addictive:woot2:.

I bought my GT500 for $500 over MSRP here in AZ (Freedom Ford), I would have preferred to buy in the valley but couldn't find the same deal. But I would expect to see more MSRP deals showing up soon.

Martimus
02-15-08, 06:11 AM
Personally I still prefer BELOW MSRP deals! :biglaugh:

On the other hand, I think its great to see in light of the fact that an east valley competitor to Berge likes to tack on ADM's.

I wish this had been available when I was shopping for a Mustang Bullitt. Oh well I was fortunate to get a truly awesome deal from Pioneer Ford in Goodyear! :pepper::pepper:

Willie
02-16-08, 07:00 PM
....I bought my GT500 for $500 over MSRP here in AZ (Freedom Ford), I would have preferred to buy in the valley but couldn't find the same deal. But I would expect to see more MSRP deals showing up soon.

Craig, is this Freedom Ford in Safford or another one I don't know about?

I couldn't find any deals in Tucson on the GT500 so I went to California for mine. I paid MSRP for my '08 in Nov. '07. Imagine that, an MSRP deal in California? I would have never guessed but I did get one. And the dealer admin fee was only $50.

Willie

CDW63
02-17-08, 03:09 PM
....I bought my GT500 for $500 over MSRP here in AZ (Freedom Ford), I would have preferred to buy in the valley but couldn't find the same deal. But I would expect to see more MSRP deals showing up soon.

Craig, is this Freedom Ford in Safford or another one I don't know about?

I couldn't find any deals in Tucson on the GT500 so I went to California for mine. I paid MSRP for my '08 in Nov. '07. Imagine that, an MSRP deal in California? I would have never guessed but I did get one. And the dealer admin fee was only $50.

Willie

Yep thats the dealership, its address is Thatcher, but Safford and Thatcher run together. It was a great experience, the owner told me he was supposed to get one more coupe fairly soon.

MSRP in California is pretty good, which area of Cali? Dealership?

Thanks,

Willie
02-17-08, 03:22 PM
I asked about the dealership because last November when I was looking for mine, I called Randy (owner). I've done business with him before. When I asked, "How much?". He replied, "Ahhhhh...... I gotta get $5k over. Gotta feed the family, ya know." It's good to know he dropped that a lot. Lucky you!

With Click asking $20k over for his convertible and $25k over for his coupe, Randy's deal looked pretty good. Then I went searching the internet several times every day until I came across the MSRP deal one night. I called the dealership first thing the next morning to confirm availability and price. Once these were confirmed, I said, "Consider it sold." This was a Wednesday. I told the dealership that I could be there in 48 hours to which they said, "We cannot hold it for you that long..!"

"What? I thought we had a deal."

"Fax over a statement from your bank saying that you're good for the $$$ and we'll hold it for you."

I did and they did. I asked them to e-mail me a pic of the car with a Sold sign in it. They did. My friend and I drove there Friday and bought it. It was located at Lithia Ford in Fresno, Ca...... It was quite the 24 hour adventure. Eleven hours to get there in a one-way rental car. Arrived at 5pm. Did the deal and drove off to the airport to return the rental. Got out of Fresno around 7:15pm. We decided to at least make it to LA. I tend to do my best driving at night and while my buddy was snoozing, I drove through LA, down the coastline to San Diego, then made it to El Centro before he woke up. We kept tag teaming the rest of the way and got home at 7am. What a night..!!

Willie

BurnTire
02-17-08, 03:35 PM
I don't buy cars for sticker ever. Invoice + 1000 is the most I will ever give period.
I got the 04 Cobra for invoice with a large rebate on top. I remember when the 03's came out and people were pay 5-10K over sticker.

Willie
02-17-08, 03:41 PM
I don't buy cars for sticker ever. Invoice + 1000 is the most I will ever give period....

Not only do I agree with your philosophy, I don't buy new cars either. I always wait until they're at least two years old. Case in point: I bought my '03 Cobra in '05. It had a whopping 9,000 miles and I paid $26k. This '08 I just bought is the first new car I've purchased in 20 years. That's right, my last new car was an '89 Beretta..! In fact, I told myself that as soon as the '07 GT500 hits the used car market, I'm the first to buy one under $40k. I said that 18 months ago. I assumed it would be about this price today but I was wrong. I've never heard of any car holding original value like this one. I grew impatient with every day and finally, with the wife's consent, bought something at a price that goes against every grain -- a new car for MSRP. I've gotta say though that it's a ton more fun to drive than my '03 Cobra....

Willie

BurnTire
02-17-08, 03:46 PM
Come Drive my 04. I bet you like it better than the GT-500. LOL

Willie
02-17-08, 04:01 PM
I'll be in Phx on Feb 29. That should give you enough time to return your car to stock so I can make an apples-to-apples comparison...:sticktonge:. Then after I install my 3.4 Whipple, I'll let you drive mine for another apples-to-apples....:biglaugh:

Willie

BurnTire
02-17-08, 04:24 PM
3.4 might get you about 10 car lengths behind me in the 1/4 mile.:biglaugh:

Willie
02-17-08, 05:10 PM
I think we've gotten off topic....

But I need to understand your math so this is my last reply on the off topic discussion. Your best is a 10.62. You say I'm ten lengths behind you with a 3.4 Whipple. Ten lengths is approximately one second in the 1/4-mile. That results in an 11.62. I can run high-12's bone stock. That would be with 440 rwhp which is what the '08s are dynoing stock ('07s are 410-415 rwhp). Every second off the E/T equals ~100 rwhp. So... in order to run an 11.62 from, say, a 12.80 stock, I would need 120rwhp more or 560rwhp. This would be to run ten lengths slower than you. 560rwhp can be easily obtained on my car with a 2.6" pulley on the otherwise stock Eaton, CAI and a tune (I tune my own cars.). So, hypothetically, I need another ten lengths or 100 rwhp to run even with you. That would be 660 rwhp. Add the 3.4. Evo Perf has dynoed a 3.4 Whipple with 17-psig boost on pump gas + Torco. Result: 752 rwhp / 720 rwtq. Use race fuel: Can you say 827 / 838....!!I think I've got you in terms of power. I won't go into weight, suspension, gearing, etc..... too many variables, so I'm going to end this right now. Laters!

Willie

HIKER
02-17-08, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I never buy new either.. Let someone else take the big hit in depreciation and i'll slide in one or two years after and get a deal. Remember, that new car is only new for a few months til the high wears off....but you still have those new car payments for a long time after.

I also heard on the radio over the weekend Mel Clayton Ford had 40% off Fords... yeah right...

BurnTire
02-17-08, 05:57 PM
I think we've gotten off topic....

But I need to understand your math so this is my last reply on the off topic discussion. Your best is a 10.62. You say I'm ten lengths behind you with a 3.4 Whipple. Ten lengths is approximately one second in the 1/4-mile. That results in an 11.62. I can run high-12's bone stock. That would be with 440 rwhp which is what the '08s are dynoing stock ('07s are 410-415 rwhp). Every second off the E/T equals ~100 rwhp. So... in order to run an 11.62 from, say, a 12.80 stock, I would need 120rwhp more or 560rwhp. This would be to run ten lengths slower than you. 560rwhp can be easily obtained on my car with a 2.6" pulley on the otherwise stock Eaton, CAI and a tune (I tune my own cars.). So, hypothetically, I need another ten lengths or 100 rwhp to run even with you. That would be 660 rwhp. Add the 3.4. Evo Perf has dynoed a 3.4 Whipple with 17-psig boost on pump gas + Torco. Result: 752 rwhp / 720 rwtq. Use race fuel: Can you say 827 / 838....!!I think I've got you in terms of power. I won't go into weight, suspension, gearing, etc..... too many variables, so I'm going to end this right now. Laters!

Willie

I'm just playing around Willie. If you get the blower I will more than gladly line up against you. I don't get into all the Dyno numbers. They don't mean anything. I live for the Timeslip. My 10.62 was just a shakedown run that broke some expensive drivetrain parts. When I get things dialied in look for a low 10. :bounce:

maddme
02-17-08, 07:32 PM
The time slips do tell the tail that is the truth. I would be lucky to break into the 13's My modified GT/CS may if I am lucky do 14.1 and it's an auto car. But you never know until you run them huh?

AZSonicSnake
02-17-08, 08:33 PM
wow, i wanna race too!!!