PDA

View Full Version : Dual Focus Pumps

mfj
03-27-06, 08:06 PM
Right now i am running an svt focus fuel pump which is adequate right now on my p1sc procharger running 10 lbs of boost with 480 to the wheels. In a couple of months I will be replacing my p1sc head unit, with an F-1 head unit and run about 17 lbs of boost hopefully getting closer to 700 hp. Now the focus pump maxes out at 255 lph, which i doubt would be adequate. I know some turbo charged applications use a dual focus pump. that is what i want. Where can i find a dual focus pump??

Venomous Bite
03-27-06, 08:21 PM
Hey check this out much better than twin focus. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/438917-post22.html (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/438917-post22.html)
I don't know if you are going to be able to get 700rwhp on 17# with out major head work and good cams or just a small shot but I don't know your current set up so maybe you will.

mfj
03-27-06, 11:10 PM
Hey check this out much better than twin focus. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/438917-post22.html (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/438917-post22.html)
I don't know if you are going to be able to get 700rwhp on 17# with out major head work and good cams or just a small shot but I don't know your current set up so maybe you will.
How 'bout running 20 lbs of boost on a centrifigal supercharger. wouldn't that get u right to 700 hp on like an 03 cobra block?? Centrifigal makes more top end power than a screw or roots type supercharger. que no?

50 BMG
03-28-06, 07:41 AM
Apten has a kit, lethal has a kit, or just go returnless. Honestly I wouldn't mess with dual focus pumps but thats just my 1 cent of opinion.

If you can get 22 rwhp per 1 PSI increase on a F1 then go for it. That's about par/slightly more than most 03/04cobras get per PSI on a turbo, but I don't know your engine particulars.

Centrifigal makes more top end power than a screw or roots type supercharger. que no?

Ya they make more top end than a twin screw cause there is less parasitic loss. The real advantage is the centri's that can run over 28 PSI. Unless you have an all out drag car, with these new twin screws on the market I wouldn't run a centri unless I was well into the 30 PSI range on them.

Anyways, good luck. Post some pics of your car too.

Dan
03-28-06, 08:38 AM
why whould you want to cob together something that dont belong on the car to start with do it right since you are planning on running serious boost get a serious fuel system. that is my .02

Dan
03-28-06, 08:39 AM
BTW I sell the fuel systems too .......

mfj
03-28-06, 12:34 PM
2001 cobras already have a returnless fuel line. What i want to do is get an adequate fuel pump that won't require a new fuel tank. What will fit my stock fueltank besides a dual focus pump, something that will do over 350 lph.????

50 BMG
03-28-06, 12:38 PM
since you are planning on running serious boost get a serious fuel system. that is my .02

Good point. I forgot the 700rwhp "threshold" for the regular style fuel systems.

That's close to the edge of the lethal kit; I'm not aware of another off the shelf kit that will do it unless you go returnless.

There is no way in hell I'd pay 1400 for the lethal kit when you can go to an off the shelf returnless for another 200-400 more dollars.

50 BMG
03-28-06, 12:44 PM
What i want to do is get an adequate fuel pump that won't require a new fuel tank. What will fit my stock fueltank besides a dual focus pump, something that will do over 350 lph.????

If you have the same tank as a 03/04 then I'd do GT pumps.

mfj
03-29-06, 09:44 AM
Good point. I forgot the 700rwhp "threshold" for the regular style fuel systems.

That's close to the edge of the lethal kit; I'm not aware of another off the shelf kit that will do it unless you go returnless.

There is no way in hell I'd pay 1400 for the lethal kit when you can go to an off the shelf returnless for another 200-400 more dollars.

SO WHERE DO I GET THIS OFF THE SHELF RETURNLES FUEL SYSTEM. I THOUGHT MY FUEL SYSTEM IS ALREAD RETURNLESS???????????

50 BMG
03-29-06, 01:59 PM
Shaggy was about to buy one for 1600 bucks for his TT.

mfj
04-19-06, 01:35 PM
How about this!!!! I have the svt focus pump right now which supports 255lph. I just ordered kennebell boost a pump to put with the focus pump. combined, that will come out to 381 lph. will 381 lph support up to 700 horsepower??? (24lbs of boost on a f-1 procharger on a 2001 cobra)

Dan
04-19-06, 02:35 PM
I personaly dont think that you will hit your target HP number with a returnless system. I believe you will need to actualy run a real fuel system such as lines pumps rear sumped tank fuel rails because it isnt the hp number it is the efficincy of the system. you might hit that number once before it goes lean but i wouldnt race it with. all the KB boost a pump will do is burn it up. I just dont see 700 hp in your future with a boost a pump. I for see mr detonation visiting you very soon.

you will need
A good pump aromotive 1000 at least
Fuel pump controler
-10 line
steel filter (silver in color)
2 fuel rails
y block
a intank sump (I would actualy weld a rear sump on it but that is me this is the cheap way out)
3 -10 fuel filter conections
3 -10 An fitting
-8 line 4 fuel rail conections w/ 45* angles
fuel pressure regulator
4 an connections for this as well
-8 complete return to the tank
there might be a few an fittings im missing that is good till 800-1000 but that is what im doing on the black car but im using the larger fuel pump the eliminator with the same set up to hit 1100 with no worries I can set one up for you if you like and dyno the set up before and after to show you the diffrence

mfj
01-16-09, 01:03 PM
Man!!! I used to be sooo stupid back in the day!!! Unburying 3 year old threads, ftw!!!

BUSTED
01-19-09, 01:57 PM
lol good hell........