View Full Version : problems with the JLT cold air warping

Dan
11-20-07, 10:13 PM

BurnTire
11-20-07, 10:16 PM
Mine still looks fine.

TorchedMach1
11-20-07, 10:18 PM
Mine did the same thing. I definately wasn't happy with their product. I just sold mine and shipped it out last week. Here are a few pics.

Dan
11-20-07, 10:29 PM
Mine did the same thing. I definately wasn't happy with their product. I just sold mine and shipped it out last week. Here are a few pics.

Same issues

BurnTire
11-20-07, 10:35 PM
Wow. Mine is a little different setup and doesn't utilize that small section of PVC.

Also I don't drive my car much in the summer. I bet the PHX heat contributes to the problem.

Dan
11-20-07, 10:47 PM
that is what i askedthe guy when he got real up set. he said there was no way possable that the heat has anything to do with it....... so i figured i would make a pos about it and let him read for him self

OH3MGSVT
11-20-07, 11:50 PM
I had problems with mine from day one when I got it, was missing a clamp i believe, and then it rubbed at the edge of the valve cover so it started rubbing away the paint and it looked bad, ended up selling it.

IMSHAKN
11-21-07, 12:22 AM
Has the warping caused any leaks, or just a disformed plastic pipe? Now I'm starting to worry about the eventual fate of mine :worried:

TorchedMach1
11-21-07, 07:04 AM
It has to start causing leaks, because the clamps will become very loose. Just need to make sure to tighten the clamps regularly, and hope the warping doesn't get too bad.

Ruckus46gt
11-23-07, 09:01 PM
i never was crazy about jlt never jumped on there bandwagon. I ran a densecharger but forgot who makes htose now. think its like tunable or something which sounds like an import company

Tac2cul
11-27-07, 09:50 AM
I had mine over a yr and mine warped so much i had to keep tightening the clamps every week. I just got sick and tired of it one day when i went out to lunch from work the car acted funny and my AIR/FUEL gauges read WAYYYY lean i immediatly pulled over and found the rubber part totally off from the plastic piece and ordered a different one from steeda, not to mention the first one i had actually came apart at the seem. I had bought the TRU cold air style one from JLT to begin with...not happy at all with them.....

diehard
11-27-07, 04:51 PM
Yeah mine did the same thing, so I said F$$k it, and put a whipple on. It is very unfortunate the owner of JLT did not respond professionally, as I know you use to sell a lot of their product!

silver03cobra
11-27-07, 07:23 PM
DON'T POST THIS on svtp.... they will flame you... I would know. they did it to me.....

BurnTire
11-27-07, 08:38 PM
DON'T POST THIS on svtp.... they will flame you... I would know. they did it to me.....

Flamer:biglaugh:

crazy ray
11-28-07, 06:48 AM
Thats Funny :biglaugh:

chewbaccajones
11-29-07, 03:02 PM
I have only had mine for a few months now but no problems - this post made me have to check. I did have to tighten the clamps 3 or 4 times in the weeks after I put it on though.

chewbaccajones
11-29-07, 03:03 PM

I am assuming this is bad.

silver03cobra
11-29-07, 04:32 PM
everyone loves JLT on SVTP

AZSonicSnake
11-29-07, 09:55 PM
including me! you all are poopie heads!

lol...just kidding. though this has not happened on mine yet, i saw the begining of it when i modded my intake to the high boost model.