PDA

View Full Version : light camera's

Ruckus46gt
11-07-07, 10:05 PM
So i was driving today and person in front of me stopped in the turning lane so got stuck in the intersection. Anyways i'm waiting and waiting finally there is a break coming up and the light turns yellow and i go and then turns red and from every cornor i see the lights going off. I'm freaking pissed right now, not sure if you can even fight those tickets or if i'm just screwed. Also anyone know how much the ticket is and if its points on the licience?

IMSHAKN
11-08-07, 12:33 AM
My answer to a ticket via the mail would be, "what ticket?" If they serve it to your door or it's delivered and you have to sign for it, I'd say you are ****ed.

blueoval
11-08-07, 06:58 AM
My sister in law got one of those a few months back. She was making a left and the car in front of her pulled a U-turn, forcing her to slow down. She went through on a red and got the ticket. ~$220 IIRC, was out in Mesa at Baseline & Power. Not sure how that reflects on your record in terms of points, though.

6Jeff6
11-08-07, 08:00 AM
The law states if you enter when it is still yellow you're legal. We all know they can twist and turn stuff but you should have a leg to stand on.

Jeff

chewbaccajones
11-08-07, 09:13 AM
When you get your ticket in the mail, it will also have a link for you to go to and see all pics plus a vid. If you were over the hash mark, you are ok. Also, according to my attorney neighbor, IMSHAKIN has it right - they don't use process servers here. I talked to him about my photo radar ticket and it may be different for red light camera tix. Of course, if you log on to see the pics and vid, you can't deny receiving the ticket.

IMSHAKN
11-08-07, 11:18 AM
When you get your ticket in the mail, it will also have a link for you to go to and see all pics plus a vid. If you were over the hash mark, you are ok. Also, according to my attorney neighbor, IMSHAKIN has it right - they don't use process servers here. I talked to him about my photo radar ticket and it may be different for red light camera tix. Of course, if you log on to see the pics and vid, you can't deny receiving the ticket.

I believe it is the same for the red light cameras, i'd have to check with one of my mother's attorneys or my neighbor to be certain. I know that's how the photo radar tickets are, especially in the Scottsdale area where they don't tend to follow up on things because they are so swamped. I actually didn't know you could see your video with that. I wouldn't want to see it though unless I was positive that I was right, otherwise you will have no choice but to pay the ticket.

Trick Pony
11-08-07, 01:12 PM
My wife got caught by a left turn camera a couple of years ago. Your rear tires have to be over the intersection line when the light goes red to be legal. You will get points unless you go to traffic school.

Ruckus46gt
11-08-07, 02:24 PM
i was def fully in the intersection there is no denying that. i when the flashes went off i was at a 45 degree angle about to enter the new road

Trick Pony
11-08-07, 03:03 PM
i was def fully in the intersection there is no denying that. i when the flashes went off i was at a 45 degree angle about to enter the new road

If that shows in the picture then they are not supposed to issue the ticket.