PDA

View Full Version : intake/exhaust

doubleday
10-31-07, 05:02 PM
I've decided ultimately to install new exhaust and intake + tune on my GT. What brands should i go with and how much hp gain can i expect?

cooper
11-05-07, 05:31 PM
I have a Brenspeed tune with JLT intake. Mac long tubes, mac pro chamber and pypes violator axle back. It is honestly my favorite sounding S-197. As far as gains go, honestly couldn't tell you. The tune not only gives healthy gains but makes the car respond so much better. I think the power increase is just 1/2 the story.
Cooper

doubleday
11-05-07, 05:33 PM
the question that hurts the most: how much can i expect to pay?

cooper
11-05-07, 05:39 PM
O.K. mate, here we go:
Mac long tubes and pro chamber came as a complete package = $929.95
Pypes Violator axle back = $189.95
JLT and tuner w/tunes = $554.00
All from Brenspeed.
I installed all myself, don't know how inclined you are to do it yourself but if not, the labor for the headers will kick your arse a bit.
Cooper

doubleday
11-05-07, 07:06 PM
my roomate is a mechanic, so i don't think that will be a problem.

is it really worth it to buy headers? it's a lot of cash.

cooper
11-05-07, 07:29 PM
For me, the headers were very worth it! But, my car is also a street/strip car. I take it to the track and want every increase I can get on a budget. If you just want a daily driver that sounds sick and maybe run someone every now and then don't get them. A tuner, mid pipe and axle backs would be sufficient.
Cooper

LSlayer
11-06-07, 12:36 PM
For me, the headers were very worth it! But, my car is also a street/strip car. I take it to the track and want every increase I can get on a budget. If you just want a daily driver that sounds sick and maybe run someone every now and then don't get them. A tuner, mid pipe and axle backs would be sufficient.
Cooper

Hey coop,

Still kickin it in Clovis? How the car runnin for ya? Mine was doin alright before I put her up to go to Korea. Got some more stuff planned out when I get back if I don't get a cobra.

LSlayer
11-06-07, 12:48 PM
As for intake/exhaust. As mentioned before Brenspeed is pretty good. So are VMP, Bamachips, and Evolution. Brands of CAI, JLT, C&L, and Tunable induction are good brands IMO. You won't see any real gains out of the exhaust unless you start getting into O/R mid pipes and L/T headers. American Racing Headers, Stainless Works, Kooks, JBA, and Dynatech(O/R X-pipe) are all top brands. The reason I say O/R X-pipe for Dyantech is due to a couple of there catted X-pipe coming apart internally and causing a couple of motors to pop. Otherwise their headers seem to get good reviews. But all the brands mentioned above will cost a bit of money. I'd expect to spend at least 1K for any of the complete header setups mentioned with ARH being the most expensive at 1400 for a catted setup.

But best case scenario with a good tune, CAI, full exhaust, good car, optimal conditions, I would expect 300~RWHP on a manual car.

ASUSMC
11-06-07, 12:57 PM
For any of that stuff go to Stage3 they are in town and a vendor on here. I know they sell all that stuff.

Jacostang
11-09-07, 09:55 PM
I just love my Borla Stingers!!!!