PDA

View Full Version : Which tuner and where?

azdude
10-29-07, 04:19 PM
Hey I know this subject always comes up, but I am curious what you guys are using.
What does everyone prefer, sct or diablo? Should I just do a burn chip instead?
I am at the point of needing to put a Mach/5spd tune on a GT/auto PCM.

Also where is the lowest price for a tuner and who should I go through to get the tune?

Thanks.

Dan
10-29-07, 05:56 PM
dont use a hand held unless it is the Xcal2 or the X cal 3. anything else I would use a sct chip

and of course I use Devin @ PSR for tuning .. Why .. because he is the best

AZSonicSnake
10-29-07, 06:10 PM
the only person in this state i would even think about letting touch the tune in my cobra would be devin at performance solutions. why? because he will build you the best most reliable power of any shop. he makes good reliable power that you can take to the track or drive around daily, without any worry of motor failure. i would not suggest tryin to save money on your tune, i firmly believe you get what you pay for.

TorchedMach1
10-29-07, 07:34 PM
Here's another vote for Devin @ Performance Solutions. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car. :yes:

Phx99Cobra
10-29-07, 08:41 PM
PSR knows what there doing. That will be the best bang for the buck

Ethan@S3M
11-04-07, 06:49 PM
Kieth at Arizona Dyno Chip is good and he is close to you. WWW.AZDYNOCHIP.COM

Indy
11-04-07, 10:05 PM
dont use a hand held unless it is the Xcal2 or the X cal 3. anything else I would use a sct chip

and of course I use Devin @ PSR for tuning .. Why .. because he is the best

the only person in this state i would even think about letting touch the tune in my cobra would be devin at performance solutions. why? because he will build you the best most reliable power of any shop. he makes good reliable power that you can take to the track or drive around daily, without any worry of motor failure. i would not suggest tryin to save money on your tune, i firmly believe you get what you pay for.

Here's another vote for Devin @ Performance Solutions. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car. :yes:

PSR knows what there doing. That will be the best bang for the buck

I couldn't have said it any better myself!!!!

wickd03
11-05-07, 02:37 AM
He's tuning my 2003 cobra.. built 5.4 w/ a single 80mm! oh thats right they also built it to. so i guess that counts for a + 1

OH3MGSVT
11-05-07, 03:13 AM
He's tuning my 2003 cobra.. built 5.4 w/ a single 80mm! oh thats right they also built it to. so i guess that counts for a + 1

so THATS the DSG cobra I saw on the dyno with the HUGE turbo on it.....

6Jeff6
11-05-07, 09:02 AM
Kieth at Arizona Dyno Chip is good and he is close to you. WWW.AZDYNOCHIP.COM (http://www.AZDYNOCHIP.COM)

Looks like that's where mine will go.:twothumbsup:
Heard great things about them.

Jeff

wickd03
11-05-07, 10:42 PM
Looks like that's where mine will go.:twothumbsup:
Heard great things about them.

Jeff
what that they like to go KAAAAAAAAAAAAAbooooooooooom??:pepper:

wickd03
11-05-07, 10:43 PM
so THATS the DSG cobra I saw on the dyno with the HUGE turbo on it.....
ya thats my car. huge turbo?? its a tiny its like a 67mm or something like that. :biglaugh:

Ethan@S3M
11-05-07, 10:47 PM
what that they like to go KAAAAAAAAAAAAAbooooooooooom??:pepper:

Not as much as some other shops.

IMSHAKN
11-06-07, 12:20 AM
Not as much as some other shops.

Such as? If you are going to make comparisons, then you must have reasons for your conclusions.

Just curious

Ethan@S3M
11-06-07, 01:41 AM
Such as? If you are going to make comparisons, then you must have reasons for your conclusions.

Just curious

I do have my reasons and Ill keep them to myself.

6Jeff6
11-06-07, 06:36 AM

Just curious

What's the info on adc??? Can pm me so a pissing match doesn't start.

Jeff

AZSonicSnake
11-06-07, 06:41 AM
as for adc, just have heard some people not really happy with the drivability of thier car. buy hey, you take it were you want. you asked for advice, we gave it. you go where you want. and when you want it done right, i know where you'll be. :twothumbsup:

6Jeff6
11-06-07, 06:46 AM
as for adc, just have heard some people not really happy with the drivability of thier car. buy hey, you take it were you want. you asked for advice, we gave it. you go where you want. and when you want it done right, i know where you'll be. :twothumbsup:

Thanks

BurnTire
11-06-07, 08:34 AM
No tuner wars again please.

The Nunn's
11-06-07, 04:11 PM
No tuner wars again please.
+1:pepper:

Venomous Bite
11-06-07, 05:10 PM
What's the info on adc??? Can pm me so a pissing match doesn't start.

Jeff
ADC tuned my camed TT 04 Cobra, my bro's camed S-281 E and my dad's 03 Harley truck.:twothumbsup:

Gene
11-06-07, 08:48 PM
ADC tuned my camed TT 04 Cobra, my bro's camed S-281 E and my dad's 03 Harley truck.:twothumbsup:

Whats up dood! How's taht car running now? How have you, Kyle, and James been? I havn't heard from you guys in ages. Keep in touch man!

Lucafu1
11-06-07, 08:52 PM
IMO I would go see keith at ADC.

Venomous Bite
11-06-07, 09:35 PM
Whats up dood! How's taht car running now? How have you, Kyle, and James been? I havn't heard from you guys in ages. Keep in touch man!
The car runs good man, I going to do a fuel system on it soon and then up the boost. Kyle moved back to California, James is alright I think he still comes around here from time to time.

mfj
11-13-07, 11:08 AM
yeah, my amp built motor went KABOOOM on keiths dyno! Now my car is at psr, and devin will be tuning it!

chewbaccajones
11-13-07, 04:51 PM
What happens if your motor pops on the dyno where your car was tuned? Do you just get the 'oh well' shrug?

BurnTire
11-13-07, 04:59 PM
Unless the shop built the motor I would think they are not liable. So it pays to be tuned by someone that knows what they are doing.

silver03cobra
11-13-07, 05:10 PM
alll I am going to say is ADC and PS both recommend the xcal 2 or 3 both have good reps.... WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?? BTW just cause the motor pops on the dyno does not mean it is the tuners fault!

So go where you feel is safe. :pinkthumb:

chewbaccajones
11-13-07, 05:18 PM
BTW just cause the motor pops on the dyno does not mean it is the tuners fault!

So go where you feel is safe. :pinkthumb:

I should have clarified - I have a friend with a 97 Cobra at a shop here in town. They built his 4.6, punched it to 5.0 and he had a paxton on it with 550 at the wheels. He has it back in for a turbo kit with some retarded 1000 goal. I know what he has into it ($$) so I was just thinking of that situation.

mfj
11-13-07, 05:19 PM
well i have great faith in devin. he will tune ur car for hp and reliability. He can tune it for pump gas and for race gas.... obviously, with the pump gas tune, he'll cut some timing out of the tune and maybe run it a little rich, and for the race gas tune, put a lot more timing in, and tune it for max hp....

AZSonicSnake
11-13-07, 11:07 PM
What happens if your motor pops on the dyno where your car was tuned? Do you just get the 'oh well' shrug?

pretty much. most shops will have you sign a waiver, waiving responsibility. since if they do not build the motor its kinda protecting them from a crappy builder. thus why you take it to someone you trust...:twothumbsup:

mfj
11-14-07, 11:59 AM
is this tony?

03cobrazzz
11-14-07, 12:52 PM
and here is another vote for PSR and nobody else is touching my car again.i tryed several shops and got best drivebillity and most power and longlivety out of only the PSR tune.but its your motor.

AZSonicSnake
11-14-07, 08:20 PM
is this tony?

yup...in the flesh. why do ya ask?