PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

Ethan@S3M
10-08-07, 11:28 AM
I just did the LDC cooling mod when I did the clutch(Thanks for the help Ron!). I tried to to remove the plug on the cross over but it wont budge. I used a 1/4in ratched to try and remove it but its starting to strip. Any ideas on how to get it out.

Viper_ed
10-08-07, 11:30 AM
I just did the LDC cooling mod when I did the clutch(Thanks for the help Ron!). I tried to to remove the plug on the cross over but it wont budge. I used a 1/4in ratched to try and remove it but its starting to strip. Any ideas on how to get it out.
If it's starting to strip, you could always just weld a nut to the top of the plug.

BurnTire
10-08-07, 11:31 AM
Heat it with a torch!

If you don't have one go get a small soldering tank.

Dan
10-09-07, 12:03 AM

Ethan

If you use a pair of chanel locks then you can open them large enough to turn the plug I have seen this countless times. If you ne help let me know I can swing by and handle it for you

dan

Ethan@S3M
10-09-07, 01:04 AM
I went a bought a torch and got it loose with out any problem. I filled it up through the cross over and filled the resovore and drove it let it warm up and it is fine. Thanks for the tips guys!:beerchug:

BurnTire
10-09-07, 01:10 AM
I went a bought a torch and got it loose with out any problem. I filled it up through the cross over and filled the resovore and drove it let it warm up and it is fine. Thanks for the tips guys!:beerchug:

Cool beans. I also like to fill the system with the front of the car elevated on ramps. Seems to burp the air out best elevated.

Ethan@S3M
10-09-07, 01:12 AM
Ya my drive way is pretty slanted and that helped a bit.