PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware

Dan
08-13-07, 07:33 PM
Wow do I have a story to share with you guys.

DONT BUY FROM HOOD4SALE
In November I had decided to buy a co-worker who didn’t have any money a hood for his 94 mustang. So I went on to Ebay and found a nice 3.5 cowl hood. I bid 190.00 and Won. I waited for the hood to be shipped I had though that it was going to come to the shop. In January I had though that the hood would have shown up by now but maybe with the holidays shipping was delayed so I waited 2 more weeks now it is the middle of January. I sent the shipper (hood4less) a PM telling them about the fact that I had never received this item. The lady that I spoke to told me that she would check in to it and get back to me…2 weeks later I called them back (because she never called me) she had informed me that I had refused shipping … I though that was odd because I don’t get home until 10PM Monday-Saturday (because I own a performance shop) well she gave me the number to the shipper. I called them and they said, they now want 300.00 in storage because they were not able to deliver the hood due to no one home (remember this part) ….. So I called back to hood4less and spoke to the lady again and told her she said it will come back to them and they (hood4less) will then issue a refund … well I had not received any thing as of MAY so I called back to the shipper and she said the storage is now 1500.00. At that time I told here that there is no way I am going to pay that when they never left any type of notification telling me that they even tried to deliver the hood as a matter a fact I had no idea it was even in the state until I called hood4less back in January. So now I have filed a complaint with eBay in regards and the responses from hood4less is bar none the best customer service I have ever received ……. Not! here is one of there responses

we have faxed documentation from shipper that YOU refused to pay shipping, CASE CLOSED, we have already sent ebay all your harrassing emails from the last nine months, you are a tool , we will not be responding to any more of your nonsense!!!!

In short they took my money and never even cared that I never received the item or not. This lady @ hood4less thinks I just had an excess of cash in my account and felt like giving it away. I guess she thinks they are a charity or something. I don’t even have any proof they ever even shipped the hood as far as I know, the number they gave me was bogus and someone that works for them answered the phone that day. From the lack of customer respect I would say that hood4less is a scam. When I ship something I always call my customer and make sure they received there item and it arrived in good condition.
Hood4less is a scam artist Don’t buy from them for fear that you too will get screwed. Till this day Aug 13 2007 I have never seen any proof they shipped the hood nor have I seen what I had paid for. And just think all I wanted was this guys hood that I paid for as a Christmas gift. As you can see by the time line I was not worried about the 190.00 so I don’t understand why they think I wouldn’t pay for the shipping. The fact of the matter is If they would have left a notice on the door then I would have went down to the terminal to pick it up.
I guess this company is in need of money so bad that they don’t care about the people who buy there product . Hey isn’t that what happened to Cincinnati composites ? It will catch up to them at one point or another

Thanks for listing to me whine
Dan

BurnTire
08-13-07, 07:54 PM
What is the ebay ID?

hood4less doesn't show as a member.

Dan
08-14-07, 10:04 AM

Dan
08-14-07, 10:06 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiberglass-3-5-Cowl-Bolt-on-Mustang-Hood-94-98_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33646QQihZ019QQitemZ 290149297709QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

this is the hood I bought Ernie that I never recieved

sorry it is Hood4SALE

BurnTire
08-14-07, 10:15 AM
LOL
Fix that damn post above. I am getting dizzy.

Dan
08-14-07, 02:08 PM
my new add on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AUS%3A31&viewitem=&item=170139862276

BurnTire
08-14-07, 02:27 PM
God and you said I was whining about the LVL 5's.:biglaugh:

HIKER
08-14-07, 02:35 PM
Did you pay through PayPal? If so you had 60 days to file a complaint. If they can't prove with receipt of delievery that you received it you would gotten your money back.