PDA

View Full Version : Mod the vert, or buy something else?

OH3MGSVT
07-25-07, 12:09 AM
Well I got an new job that pays quite a bit more than my last job, so my question is....do i mod my vert with 97K+ miles on it or try to pay a lot of it off (owe $12,400 on it) and save up for something else? (z06, cobra, but would take quite a while) or mod this car, add gears, new forged pistons, crank, rods, supercharge it, yadda yadda... not sure what should I do. I would like to keep it add mod it, but im scared something else would go wrong with it as many miles it on it. (has leaking head gasket, needs alignment, and wheels balanced.) because i already have it and payments are only $223 a month, plus my credit us only 499 so i would have to pay off al ot of stuff then save up for a nice car. or should I mod this til im satisfied then still save money for something else when everything is payed off? let me know would be the best idea

BurnTire
07-25-07, 12:22 AM
College Degree!!!!

AZSonicSnake
07-25-07, 06:35 PM
i would work with what you have till you can establish credit and what not....

ASUSMC
07-25-07, 08:09 PM
+1 on both those

Gene
07-25-07, 08:38 PM
I'd save my money. You can always buy a fast car when you are established. There is nothing like living debt free!:twothumbsup:

OH3MGSVT
07-25-07, 11:35 PM
well i think i came to a decision...I think im gonna save up a couple grand for a DD and make the vert into a baddass racecar. build it up the right way. because this is my only car and if something breaks, im ****ed until i can afford to fix it. but with a DD i can race the vert and if something breaks, then oh well i'll tow it back and fix it when i can afford to.

plus i just found out my car payment AND insurance will be payed for while going to college (which starts Aug. 18th) so with the addition of this new job my ONLY payment other than paying off the debt i have is a cell phone bill, so i'll be raking in the dough so to speak:biglaugh:

BLK03SVT
07-31-07, 10:17 PM
If you're gonna build a racecar, buy a coupe.

El Jefe
08-01-07, 11:45 AM
Buy my Roush!

The Nunn's
08-01-07, 09:40 PM
I have an idea, why dont you start saving money that way you an make that disision at a latter date. You ar should be the last thing on your mind at this point and time

BurnTire
08-01-07, 10:02 PM
I have an idea, why dont you start saving money that way you an make that disision at a latter date. You ar should be the last thing on your mind at this point and time

Dan we know its you:biglaugh:

Phx99Cobra
08-01-07, 11:50 PM
I agree with that silver cobra:biglaugh: your car should be the last thing on your mind. Money will come in time and you will be able to spend it. You need to concentrate on paying off your debt on time and getting a little moneysaved. My heart is in the same place i would love to do all this stuff to my car but its just not in the cards right now.

Lucafu1
08-02-07, 12:31 AM
I agree with that silver cobra:biglaugh: your car should be the last thing on your mind. Money will come in time and you will be able to spend it. You need to concentrate on paying off your debt on time and getting a little moneysaved. My heart is in the same place i would love to do all this stuff to my car but its just not in the cards right now.
:yes:

Lucafu1
08-02-07, 12:32 AM
Dan we know its you:biglaugh:
:yes:

93mustank
08-02-07, 03:59 AM
I disagree.....you only live once....you could die tomo.... mod the crap out of it....drain your accounts....dont ever get a girlfriend......thats what i am doing.

Phx99Cobra
08-02-07, 05:52 PM
Keith whats your credit score:biglaugh:

BurnTire
08-02-07, 05:55 PM

:rofl:

OH3MGSVT
08-02-07, 06:33 PM
LMAO about as much as his 1/4 mile time

im just messin keith :bouncy:

93mustank
08-03-07, 12:35 AM
its all about whats inside

Sommer
08-03-07, 04:18 PM
is that what you tell yourself every night before you go to bed alone?

93mustank
08-03-07, 05:11 PM
well when you are born as ugly as i am ..... it comforts me

BurnTire
08-03-07, 05:26 PM
well when you are born as ugly as i am ..... it comforts me
:rollingfloorrlol: