PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance and Lawyers?

Phx99Cobra
07-11-07, 05:52 PM
:sissyfight:Alright i need some free help or at least some cheap help, if anyone knows a lawyer that could give me some advice.

This is why... 2 weeks ago i was backed into on a main street and my hood, bumper, grill, frontmounting braket, and some other things got ****ed up. We both have the same ins. co. state _____ This co. will not pay for the bumper because i had already had a crack in it, no matter ho much more damage the accident caused.

Why should we be required to carry ins. if they wont pay, after dealing with this i have come to find that ins. is the purest form of capitalism there is. I need to see if i can go after the co. or at least go after the person who hit me for the remaining cost of the damage.

Jacostang
07-11-07, 09:08 PM
I'm not a lawyer but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express Last Night...

Just Kidding.

One way to do this is to take what the insurance gives and then go after the person in small claims court for the balance to make yourself whole. It should not matter if the bumper had a crack in it before if it was damaged badley enough to replace then they should cover it.

Which Ins. Co. Do ya have so we can pound on them:yes:

Take lots of pictures of the damage before the work gets done:icon_cool:

Phx99Cobra
07-11-07, 09:42 PM
Maybe i should have stayed in a holiday in last night...:biglaugh:
It was state farm. Thats what im going to do, is go after the guy in small claims. It just sucks because the insurance company is the one that needs to be in court but i dont have the money for that. thx

Jacostang
07-12-07, 08:54 AM
How did I know you were going to say State farm!!!! We used to have them but after a few horror stories we dropped them fast!!! Goood luck and let us know what happens!!!

El Jefe
07-12-07, 01:18 PM
Each companies rules are different, but how did they know there was a crack in the bumper already?

I work for Farmers in Tucson. Shoot me an email if you want a quote!

JJonesIns@aol.com

BurnTire
07-12-07, 01:26 PM
How did I know you were going to say State farm!!!! We used to have them but after a few horror stories we dropped them fast!!! Goood luck and let us know what happens!!!

I have had statefarm since I started driving with no problems.

Viper_ed
07-12-07, 02:18 PM
Thats what im going to do, is go after the guy in small claims.

Save yourself the time and expense, been there before 9 years ago. Still haven't seen a penny!

Phx99Cobra
07-12-07, 04:53 PM
The only reason they found out about the crack was that i had a piece of red tape over and the guy who hit me was taking pics and told them. Talk about luck. I havent had a problem before either but then agian i have never had a accident before.

93mustank
07-12-07, 11:13 PM
Just run no bumper. Less weight.

El Jefe
07-13-07, 11:31 AM
So they covered all the other damage? Id say you made it out pretty well then. Upgrade the bumper...

Phx99Cobra
07-14-07, 01:11 PM
You would think i made out pretty good they gave me a check for $1500 but the bumper from the body shop will cost $900. The hood the front clip the grill, labor, and paint $1500 The bumper and paint $900 that just doesnt make any sense to me.