PDA

View Full Version : What Gas Do You Use

Olivas
07-06-07, 08:13 PM
What brand of gas does everyone use for their daily driver? QT, Mobile, Chevron, Shell, Circle K / 76, 7-11 / Citgo, Arco, whatever is around when you need it? I'm sure others are like me and are really picky with their gas. I had been using QT, but when it started really heating up my car started pinging and I went back to Chevron, and this seemed to help some. So, I was just wondering what others used / recommended.

I was going to make this a poll but couldn't figure outhow to do that.

AZSonicSnake
07-06-07, 09:18 PM
i steer very clear of chevron since the techron is just an additive that waters down the gas. i have used qt for a long time in my cobra, and infact just filled up today and have had no issues what so ever. i have religiously used either qt or diamond shamrock in the cobra with no problems. i avoid places like am/pm, circlek and chevron like the plague.

OH3MGSVT
07-06-07, 09:26 PM
being that i'm cheap i usually get whatever is cheapest or closest to me

Olivas
07-06-07, 11:33 PM
i steer very clear of chevron since the techron is just an additive that waters down the gas. i have used qt for a long time in my cobra, and infact just filled up today and have had no issues what so ever. i have religiously used either qt or diamond shamrock in the cobra with no problems. i avoid places like am/pm, circlek and chevron like the plague.

Yes, but both Chevron and QT are top teir rated, so figure they gotta be on par with each other in the additive / detergent area. I'll throw am/pm in the wife's altima because it is generally the cheapest, but never in the mach. Does anyone know about Costco gas and the likes?

AZSonicSnake
07-07-07, 11:03 AM
forgot about costco...i put it in tmy car, and it pinged like hell. so, not in the pony anymore. but i use it in the wifes car because it does not have the go power and does not mind the gas.

BurnTire
07-07-07, 04:09 PM
QT, Chevron, Mobile, Shell and all with a can of torco on fill up.

Jacostang
07-08-07, 11:11 AM
Anything but Citgo....AKA Hugo from Venezuela BOOOO!!! Did you notice that all the 7-elevens have taken of the Citgo labels!!!! I wonder why?? They can't fool me!!!!:bouncy:

fazm
07-09-07, 09:30 PM
either chevron 91 or mobil 100

evil04cobra
07-10-07, 12:38 AM
VP-101 :hide1:

Gene
07-10-07, 12:18 PM
VP-101 :hide1:

Whats up Mike? How much boost are you pushing now a days?

evil04cobra
07-10-07, 12:48 PM
Hey Gene, (I was gonna say Hi, Gene, but it just sounded weird)

Still the same boost, have been working quite a bit, so not much has changed. How are things where you're at??

Parker

4Jenna
07-10-07, 12:50 PM
I usually use Chevron 91 as its close to my house.