PDA

View Full Version : Pics with Griggs frontend

bluepony
06-23-07, 12:58 PM
Griggs GR-40 front suspension, Cobra IRS rear with H&R race spings.

bluepony
06-23-07, 01:00 PM
.:Bucktooth:

Jacostang
06-23-07, 01:36 PM
Very Cool!!! How does it ride and drive??

AZSonicSnake
06-23-07, 01:37 PM
very nice!! looks good.

Indy
06-23-07, 01:38 PM
Nice set up for enjoying the corners.

bluepony
06-23-07, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys.

The ride quality is awesome, the car follows the road but it isn't rough or jarring at all. Theres a lot of noise and vibration due to the front being all heim jointed, but its bearable.

It drives awesome. My corner entry speeds are up 20-25% and my exit speeds are up even more. The only difficulty I'm having is that I get inside tire wheelspin on corner exit due to insufficient anti-squat and the limited slip doesn't seem to be up to the task.

I'm gonna increase rear caster to see if that helps some, and I'm budgeting for a T2R.

Gene
06-23-07, 02:51 PM
Looks like a nice unit. Just curious, why didnt you go with the Maximum motorsports unit? I have zero noise or vibration issues and its solid a s a rock.

bluepony
06-23-07, 08:58 PM
Looks like a nice unit. Just curious, why didnt you go with the Maximum motorsports unit? I have zero noise or vibration issues and its solid a s a rock.

I chose Griggs over MM because MM is still using either delrin or urethane bushings in the control arms. Griggs is using heim joints so there is almost zero deflection in the components. Griggs also offers more adjustment and the geometry (I believe) is better suited to a track environment.

This car isn't a DD anymore and I wanted the suspension to be open track oriented. So, I'll live with a little NVH.