PDA

View Full Version : Unleaded Race gas at the Pump?

Craig
04-03-07, 11:14 AM
Anyone know of any place to easily pick up 5-10 gallons of unleaded race gas in Phoenix? Preferably on the northwest side of town. I want to run some through the car before Saturdays meet at Speedworld. The car has too much timing in itr right now. Pinging pretty good in 2nd gear when it's to the floor. Can't get back to the shop before Saturday to dial it down, so I'll try some good fuel.

Craig

ASUSMC
04-03-07, 11:31 AM
we have a thread about this. here ya go
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258

Ethan@S3M
04-04-07, 10:04 AM
cave creek and union hills on the north west corner the gas station there has vp 101.

03cobrazzz
04-04-07, 11:00 PM
Anyone know of any place to easily pick up 5-10 gallons of unleaded race gas in Phoenix? Preferably on the northwest side of town. I want to run some through the car before Saturdays meet at Speedworld. The car has too much timing in itr right now. Pinging pretty good in 2nd gear when it's to the floor. Can't get back to the shop before Saturday to dial it down, so I'll try some good fuel.

CraigPerformance solutions 26th/Mc Dowell 109octane by the gallon 602-2698955

Flyn High Again
04-05-07, 07:26 AM
What kind of premium gas do you guys have out there? In Chicago, we usually get 93 octane premium at most name brand stations [Mobil/BP/Shell]. 100 octane race gas is also readily available. Yesterday I was on my was to a doctor's office and had to settle for 92. I had a frown on my face as I was putting it in the Cobra. :gloomy:

ASUSMC
04-05-07, 08:13 AM
Best "pump" gas we can get in AZ is 91. I hate this friggin state

BurnTire
04-05-07, 11:36 AM
91 octane with sand in it is the best we can get. LOL

03cobrazzz
04-05-07, 08:08 PM
91 octane with sand in it is the best we can get. LOLand lots off it i changed my fuelfilter poored out brown after 10.000 miles and i got gas only on newer stations

rsnider
04-06-07, 10:21 AM
STAY AWAY FROM UNION HILLS & CAVE CREEK STATION! It used to be ok but a few months ago was sold and I have two bad comments re: their gas. My neighbor has a modified 69 Z28. He has to run 101-109 octane (depending on outside temp). He put five gallons of their gas in his car and it would start but barely run. He had to drain it out.

I took a brand new six gallon plastic gas can to fill up. I filled it exactly to the six gallon mark molded into the plastic. Their pump told me I had put over 7 1/2 gallons in a six gallon can. At the regular pump I probably wouldn't have said anything... but at over $5/gal I was pretty miffed to say the least. I complained to the guys behind the counter but they blew me off. I called the Weights & Measures guys and they checked it a couple of weeks later. They called me and said there was a small leak inside the pump? No way did it leak over a gallon of gas onto the ground inside the pump without being noticed. My guess is that they found some way to mess with the pump.

Craig
04-06-07, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys, went down to King Balancing today and picked up some 100 octane unleaded :sticktonge: