PDA

View Full Version : Yay or Nay on this Build up?

OH3MGSVT
03-28-07, 03:20 AM
Well yet again I have changed my mind on what to do with my car, lol. Ive been researching the H/C/I combo with the 2v's and have seen some decent times/power with them. I did some research and came up with these for a build up for my car.

Fox Lake Stage 2 Heads
VT Stage 2 N/A Cams
Fox Lake P-51 Intake Manifold
Bassani O/R X Pipe
Mac Pro Dumps 2 1/2 inch.
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
Jlt Ram Air Intake
302 Stroker Kit *If money allows*
then possibly in the future put on a supecharger

--or--
the above H/C/I combo and bolt ons plus..

Higher Compression pistons (like 10.5:1 or 11:1)
TNT Nitrous Kit (125 Shot)
302 Big Bore

from what Ive read, the H/C/I combo and bolt-ons on the 2v yeilds about 300hp to the wheels more or less and 1/4 miles times of mid 12's. Honestly that would be good enough for me, but does it sound like a good Idea?

vicious781
03-28-07, 03:44 AM
As far as money goes? I don't think that would be the best route. Personally if I were going to stick with a 2v, I would either buy a built block, or buy a used explorer engine since they are all aluminum and build it out of the car which would save some money. Rebuild it forged then get a shot of nitrous if you want to save money or a supercharger. Like I said though, I would do the math $ of built long blocks vs rebuild and see which one is more bang for buck.

BurnTire
03-28-07, 01:05 PM
Save money and buy cobra.

Indy
03-28-07, 10:32 PM
Do what ever will make you happy, thats all that really matters in the end. :icon_cool:

Most of the combo looks good, but I'ld stay away from that intake. JMHO

OH3MGSVT
03-28-07, 11:16 PM
Do what ever will make you happy, thats all that really matters in the end. :icon_cool:

Most of the combo looks good, but I'ld stay away from that intake. JMHO

I appreciate it Shane, you always have something positive and uplifiting to say that makes me feel better lol. I just dont want to do what everyone does and slap a blower and call it a day, i tend to like to be different. but im curious why stay away from that intake? I heard nothing but good things from other 2v owners and saw good power gains, but I also heard that its not good because it doesnt evenly distribute the air and makes 4 cylinders rich and 4 lean. if thats the case, which intake would be beneficial? the new trick flow one?

Indy
03-29-07, 12:55 AM
I've put that intake on a few GT's in the past, and I wasn't impressed with it. They didn't add that much power over the baseline of the stock intake, even after retuning the car for P-51. I would expect alot more power, for the price of those intakes. In an N/A set up you might not have as big of a problem with it leaning out a couple cylinders, but with a blown motor its a huge problem IMHO.

BLK03SVT
03-29-07, 08:16 AM
Save money and buy cobra.

+1

They're coming down in price too, so you could find yourself a deal.

AZSonicSnake
03-29-07, 08:53 AM
i think the whole reason he is tryin to stick with the car he has is because he is a little upsidedown in it, and not able to afford a cobra. otherwise, i know he would love one. i say kudos to him for tryin to make it work out. after all, there are some rather quick gt's out there.

Jacostang
03-29-07, 09:16 AM
I have not heard very possitive things about the P-51 intake... Just what I've heard.....

MinGry03
03-29-07, 10:26 AM
Do what you most feel comfortable with....

OH3MGSVT
03-29-07, 10:46 AM
i think the whole reason he is tryin to stick with the car he has is because he is a little upsidedown in it, and not able to afford a cobra. otherwise, i know he would love one. i say kudos to him for tryin to make it work out. after all, there are some rather quick gt's out there.

you nailed it right on the head. I mean yes I wouldl ove a cobra dont get me wrong, but I'm just gonna work with what I got and make it somewhat respectable speed wise. I mean how confused would people be when I pull up to a light and they hear a nasty sounding/loping cam coming from a gt vert.:biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
03-29-07, 10:59 AM
sleeper FTW!! :twothumbsup:

ASUSMC
03-29-07, 11:25 AM
Confuses the same people when they see my license plate!!!!
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/ASUSMC86/lisenceplate.jpg

50 BMG
03-29-07, 12:00 PM
You already know my ultimate suggestions for your situation. What you listed in the first post is a:

WASTE OF MONEY

Buy a nitrous kit and have D retune the car. It'll get you 300 at the wheels all day and you should have no problems with that on your stock 2V. If you pop your motor, you can get another 2V longblock for less than what you'll pay for Foxlake heads and VT cams.

OH3MGSVT
03-29-07, 03:29 PM
sleeper FTW!! :twothumbsup:
hell yah! only thing is if I have some lopy cams and i would be running a bassani o/r X with mac pro dumps, it'll be hella loud, so that'll make some people iffy but they wont know what I have instore nonetheless

Venomous Bite
03-29-07, 03:33 PM
You already know my ultimate suggestions for your situation. What you listed in the first post is a:

WASTE OF MONEY

Buy a nitrous kit and have D retune the car. It'll get you 300 at the wheels all day and you should have no problems with that on your stock 2V. If you pop your motor, you can get another 2V longblock for less than what you'll pay for Foxlake heads and VT cams.
I agree with James if I was I would just spray the car. If you feel you need more add some cams and/or gears, but what do I know?

Gene
03-29-07, 08:36 PM

WASTE OF MONEY

+10000000

i got my novi 2000 from these guys when i had my 01 gt. 400rwhp at 12psi

http://modularpowerhouse.com/product_info.php?cPath=55_57&products_id=99&osCsid=828e4ec634a1a695ab418b851ac925df

this kit is cheaper than heads and cams. Plus, you can put it on your cc and have 300+ all day long without bottle refills

fazm
03-29-07, 09:01 PM
Confuses the same people when they see my license plate!!!!
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/ASUSMC86/lisenceplate.jpg

would look good next to my 400HPV6 plate lol
i need to update it already though...