PDA

View Full Version : What to do next?

mk028
02-16-07, 10:28 PM
I own a silver 2004 Mustang Cobra that is making 420 rwhp on a mustang dyno that the shop owner claims rates the Mustangs/Lightnings he puts on it between 20-25% lower then a dyno-jet. Before I list my mods and question I have to let you know that I have very little knowlege of cars and thier modifications. I have been trying to learn as much as I can from other cobra owners. The mods I have are 2.5 exhaust with catback, CCI, pro 5.0 shifter, SCT chip, Stieg. ported eaton with upgraded upper pulley, lower pulley, and throttle body, 101 octane fuel (Torco) with a tune for it (i have a switch that changes my chip settings for when I am just running 91 octane which is our highest pump in az, or when I run 101 octane), and 315 nitto drag radials on the rears. What should I do next?? I am currently saving up for a whipple but I want to add some other mods while Im saving. I have been told to do either headers or a cooling system. Anyone have any other ideas? I have not done anything for the suspension yet, should I do something there first? Any an all ideas would be appreciated. I will post pics of my ride as soon as I get it back, im getting a new clutch.

BurnTire
02-16-07, 11:49 PM
Heat Exchanger and Reservoir Tank would be a good thing to do. A catted x pipe would also free things up in the exhaust area. I have a mac pro chamber as a mid pipe. I also have a catted x I run on the street during the summer when I am not racing. My suspension is stock other than the billet flow IRS brace. I have no plan to do headers. I am running in the 10's at 19PSI on the Whipple. I am going to up the boost to 21 PSI next fall. Which should put me in the mid to lower 10's at 133-134.

Here is my mod list
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/z/BurnTire/?tab=3

BLK03SVT
02-17-07, 09:08 AM
Post some pics if you have em. What about springs? Is the car pretty much stock when it comes to the suspension? A BF brace would be a good option if you're planning on keeping your IRS.

Venomous Bite
02-17-07, 10:33 AM
Spray it, what stage port do you have? Also maybe some sub frame connectors.

BurnTire
02-17-07, 11:17 AM
Whipple Whipple Whipple

Dana
02-18-07, 05:38 AM
I would skip the headers, at least for now. Not enough bang for the buck.

Start working on the back of the car. The stock suspension needs some help.
Get some decent tires too.

Dana

50 BMG
02-18-07, 08:07 AM
What should I do next??

1) Find out how much total timing you car has on any of the tunes.

2) Have them install an accurate wideband (i.e. LM or dynojet etc.)

3) Personally check ALL of your plugs often for detonation, especially on the passenger side.

How to read spark plugs if needed: http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/spkplghnbook.htm

BTW, I'm 95% sure my car was on the same dyno as yours...

mk028
02-18-07, 09:17 AM
What tires do you recomend

BurnTire
02-18-07, 10:52 AM
What tires do you recomend

Nitto Drag Radials are good for the rear.

BurnTire
02-18-07, 10:53 AM
1) Find out how much total timing you car has on any of the tunes.

2) Have them install an accurate wideband (i.e. LM or dynojet etc.)

3) Personally check ALL of your plugs often for detonation, especially on the passenger side.

How to read spark plugs if needed: http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/spkplghnbook.htm

BTW, I'm 95% sure my car was on the same dyno as yours...

Yes it is always good to triple check your tune.

50 BMG
02-18-07, 07:29 PM
Yes...yes it is.

Plug reading is one of the most important things I've learned in the last 6-8 months...

mk028
02-19-07, 01:55 AM
my car is in the shop for a new transmission, the guy is hooking me up before my warrenty expires. I will post pics as soon as I get it back. The car is 100% stock as far as the suspension goes. I am going to keep my IRS and plan on doing a BF brace the next time I bring it in.

GOT SVT
02-19-07, 10:28 PM
what about a kb bap and 60 lb fuel injectors