PDA

View Full Version : No Mas!!!!

Jacostang
02-03-07, 08:03 PM
Think about it!!!!!!
Everybody's making immigration proposals these days. Let me add mine to the mix. Call it The Limbaugh Laws:

First: If you immigrate to our country, you have to speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor; no unskilled workers allowed. Also, there will be no special bilingual programs in the schools with the Limbaugh Laws. No special ballots for elections. No government business will be conducted in your language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote — or hold political office.

If you’re in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled to welfare, food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here: an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If not, stay home. But if you want to buy land, it'll be restricted. No waterfront, for instance. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to the property.

And another thing. You don’t have the right to protest. You're allowed no demonstrations, no foreign flag waving, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies. You’re a foreigner: shut your mouth or get out! And if you come here illegally, you're going to jail.

You think the Limbaugh Laws are harsh? Well, every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico today! That’s how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country. Yet Mexicans come here illegally and protest in our streets!

How do you say “double standard” in Spanish? How about: “No mas!"http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/0.gif

Indy
02-03-07, 08:12 PM
I like those laws! How long before we can get them passed by congress? LOL

Jacostang
02-03-07, 08:16 PM
With the way congress is now....Never.....:frown:

BurnTire
02-03-07, 11:56 PM
With the way congress is now....Never.....:frown:

Frickin Republicans, bad attitude. :icon_cool:

03cobrazzz
02-04-07, 12:10 PM
Frickin Republicans, bad attitude. :icon_cool:ya and who the heck voted for them?????>???:biglaugh: darn americans put your votes in the right place.

BurnTire
02-04-07, 12:26 PM
I see a new political discussion thread coming.

Chris B.
02-04-07, 04:05 PM
Religion and Politics... things you don't discuss with friends!! :shhh:

Jacostang
02-04-07, 04:19 PM
Its not just republicans and demacrats its politicitians in general..A quote from Tom Clancey's hunt for Red October....

"I'm a politician,, that means I'm a liar and a cheat, and when I'm not kissing babies.. I'm steeling their lolly pops!"

Indy
02-04-07, 06:23 PM
So true!:icon_cool:

Tortuga
02-04-07, 07:10 PM
no unskilled workers allowed.
The fact that our country was built on this? Just because they aren't skilled doesn't mean that they would become a burden. Not to mention, one of the main problems involving America is skilled workers from other countries and our jobs.

Also, there will be no special bilingual programs in the schools
I currently have a bilingual program in my school. It is open not only to those who first language is Spanish, but to those children whom want to learn Spanish as a second language. It's a very interesting program. Not to mention the fact that anything to help immigrant children learn is a thing for the better. Mainly becuase if these children don't learn and aren't able to make it in the world, then they are forced upon our welfare system and are leeches or are involved in gangs and are stealing and doing illegal things in order to survive.

if you want to buy land, it'll be restricted. No waterfront, for instance. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to the property.
I'll edit this and comment on it later. Sorry doing many things.

50 BMG
02-04-07, 08:11 PM
This should be a fun thread. I'll wait a few more days...

Jacostang
02-04-07, 08:52 PM

Tortuga
02-04-07, 08:57 PM
You think the Limbaugh Laws are harsh? Well, every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico today! That’s how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country. Yet Mexicans come here illegally and protest in our streets!

This is what Mexico has to offer!!

Read The whole thing!!!

And? Mexico is a shitty country for a reason. Did you know that the reason Mexico is so poor is cause of the few extremely rich ppl who live there? Mexico is a ****ed up country, yes, but it wasn't founded and built on immigrants. The US is full of immigrants, the only ppl rightfully here are the Native Americans. So maybe we should say that u are an immigrant and treat u and ur family the same way?

BurnTire
02-04-07, 09:00 PM
Immigration is fine in my book. As long as it is legal immigration.

Tortuga
02-04-07, 09:07 PM

:iagree: Legal immigrants shouldn't be treated that much differently from the everyday citizen. They waited, they paid a large amount to get it, they did it legally and they should hold rights that we take for granted. Yes, they should speak English, but why take away their rights? They are still humans and they still have families. They are trying for a better way of life, similar to your ancestors.

Jacostang
02-04-07, 09:09 PM
Thats what the whole thing is about!! My grandparents came here in 1905.. Invited by the Pennsylvania Railroad to help build and run it.. They had to learn to speak english without schooling.. You would never, ever hear my Papa bad mouth the USA. They left a whole family back in Italy to seek a better life. I welcome all to this country but do it the right way. My grandmother has 16 children, She was a saint in my book !!

BurnTire
02-04-07, 09:21 PM
My Grandfather and his parents came over from Checloslovokia and learned English and didn't look for a free handout.

Jacostang
02-04-07, 09:32 PM
:iagree: Legal immigrants shouldn't be treated that much differently from the everyday citizen. They waited, they paid a large amount to get it, they did it legally and they should hold rights that we take for granted. Yes, they should speak English, but why take away their rights? They are still humans and they still have families. They are trying for a better way of life, similar to your ancestors.
Absolutlely.. and once your an American Citizen, you are as American as everyone else....

Tortuga
02-04-07, 09:36 PM
Absolutlely.. and once your an American Citizen, you are as American as everyone else....

U do realize how many years and years and thousands of dollars it takes to become a US citizen? It takes thousands and 5 years on average to become a US resident, much less a citizen.

Jacostang
02-04-07, 09:45 PM
I know it takes alot and maybe it should take alot of effort and not money. I just remember my oldest son when he was in 3rd grade in the Scottsdale Unified School District back in 1999/2000 he had to sit and wait a half day while they spoke spanish to the kids who could could not speak english. Its was not fair to him to waste a half day of school while they did this and it was certainly not the other kids fault that they did not know how to speak english, but think of this... If I moved my family to a country that did not speak english, I would not expect that country to teach my children in english. They would have to learn the language spoken in that country...

Tortuga
02-04-07, 10:00 PM
I know it takes alot and maybe it should take alot of effort and not money. I just remember my oldest son when he was in 3rd grade in the Scottsdale Unified School District back in 1999/2000 he had to sit and wait a half day while they spoke spanish to the kids who could could not speak english. Its was not fair to him to waste a half day of school while they did this and it was certainly not the other kids fault that they did not know how to speak english, but think of this... If I moved my family to a country that did not speak english, I would not expect that country to teach my children in english. They would have to learn the language spoken in that country...

In regards to schools, you are speaking of something that is done with. Instruction in Spanish or any language other then English is now illegal, unless certain circumstances prevail. These circumstances are bilingual programs in school. These programs require signed consent from parents of the students. You would be surprised at how many parents will not sign the consent form becuase they want their child to be able to speak English fluently. A bilingual program is where, when the parent gives consent, the teacher will teach in Spanish for part of the day then in English for the other half. Every couple weeks or months, depending on the teachers, the English portion will switch to Spanish and vice versa. An example of this is the kids at my school have reading in the morning (all morning) and math, science, and social studies (dubbed as other) in the afternoon. Class A gets Spanish reading and English (other) for 3 weeks then switches to English reading and Spanish other for 3 more weeks. This is only offered in select schools. One of the things that immbolizes our society today is the fact that noone knows. People like to think they know, however they are illy educated on current issues.

BurnTire
02-04-07, 10:00 PM
Agree with Jacostang

50 BMG
02-05-07, 08:23 AM
darn americans put your votes in the right place.

They all wind up here anyways:

http://www.faucets-plus.com/Elizabethan%20Classics/English_Turn_toilet.jpg

Did you know that the reason Mexico is so poor is cause of the few extremely rich ppl who live there?

What about the crap economy, crap government and its history, currency stability, skilled labor force etc. ?

The US is full of immigrants, the only ppl rightfully here are the Native Americans. So maybe we should say that u are an immigrant and treat u and ur family the same way?

The only people rightfully here are those who contribute in a positive manner and follow the rules.

Tortuga
02-05-07, 08:48 AM
The only people rightfully here are those who contribute in a positive manner and follow the rules.

And I agree with that. However some of the things listed are going too far. I'm not standing up for illegal immigration or even for legal immigration of ppl whom effect the economy negatively. I'm mainly just being slightly argumentive since noone was putting in another view. I also will argue about things that involve immigrant children. I am a teacher at a school with about 90% Hispanic population and most of my babies are from Mexico or are 1st generation Americans.
BTW in regards to Meixco, I meant wayyy back a long time ago. When the US and Mexico were first babies.

Jacostang
02-05-07, 09:53 AM
I know its english only now and I voted for It!!!!! I was talking about 7 years ago before the law went into effect. You only see part of the issue, I see the van loads of Illegal Immigrants spattered all over the hi-way, holding on to a young Mexican or Central American girl as the life fades out of her and knowing I can't change that because she is hurt beyond repair. I'm sure she paid a coyote plenty of money to get her into Arizona and then be killed along with 7 of the other 28 that were packed into the van that day. I'm sure she was looking for a better way of life, but we have to make it safe and legal for everyone. How much do you think they pay someone to sneak them into The USA? I also know that many illegal workers get stiffed after they work all day then the guy who hired them bolts off without paying. Who do they go to??? They can't because they are not here legally.

Chris B.
02-05-07, 01:48 PM
I am a teacher at a school with about 90% Hispanic population and most of my babies are from Mexico or are 1st generation Americans.
BTW in regards to Meixco, I meant wayyy back a long time ago. When the US and Mexico were first babies.

My wife is also a teacher and believe me... there are way bigger problems in schools than illegal immigrants. Can you say inclusion, or no child left behind!!

As far as immigration goes, we all know there is a problem with it, but I think trying to find a realistic solution is even a bigger problem.

Tortuga
02-05-07, 07:19 PM
My wife is also a teacher and believe me... there are way bigger problems in schools than illegal immigrants. Can you say inclusion, or no child left behind!!

As far as immigration goes, we all know there is a problem with it, but I think trying to find a realistic solution is even a bigger problem.

2 other things that are not understood well. I have my own opinions on those though, since I'm a sped teacher. :yes:

Chris B.
02-05-07, 07:45 PM
2 other things that are not understood well. I have my own opinions on those though, since I'm a sped teacher. :yes:

My wife was a sped science teacher for a very long time and she really enjoyed all of her kids. She had them doing all kinds of science experiments and they loved it. Then came inclusion, and all of the sped kids that were in their own class and doing very well, now had to deal with all of the other students and try to keep up with reged kids and they had a very difficult time doing it. So now the sped kids who were doing really well in sped classes are now struggling to try and pass reged classes... makes no sense to me.

Jacostang
02-05-07, 07:49 PM
Just wrong to put them against other students, alot of them need 1 on 1 instruction.

Chris B.
02-05-07, 07:58 PM
Just wrong to put them against other students, alot of them need 1 on 1 instruction.

I agree... it's just sad that these students have to pay the price!

By the way, nice sig block there Dave!!

Jacostang
02-05-07, 07:59 PM
Thanks Buddy, Pj did it for me!!!! Look over at the other thread!!! Are you coming this weekend??

RockysMom
02-05-07, 08:08 PM
Gotta ask for help with the pancake breakfast, Poor Jim has called the people who signed up and they dont want to get up that early or they have excuses. He only has 5 so far. Any others?

Jacostang
02-05-07, 08:32 PM
Plenty of people will help!!