PDA

View Full Version : Question

Tortuga
01-20-07, 03:44 PM
So I've been wondering...

You ask for ppl to donate and they get special things if they donate, but where does the money go? I understand that there's board upkeep and paying for space and all that, but how much does that actually cost. I mean upkeep isn't bad if u have a desk job or are just online alot, like myself. I wouldn't mind doing upkeep, and space shouldn't be all that expensive.

Just curious and inquisitive.

BurnTire
01-20-07, 07:58 PM
Any donation goes to web hosting,domain registration, software, server costs, etc. I took the site over last year in June.
From June to December
Software Cost For V bulletin, Photopost, Review Post was $388
Web Hosting and Domain Costs $201

I received $270 in donations in 2006

I couldn't even count the amount of hours it took to learn the software and basic PHP coding. It takes a good bit of work to upgrade the software. You don't see much disruption on this site because I have a separate test forum that I use before I make things active on this site. Just ask anyone who has been on the site since I took it over how much things have evolved around here.

We use a bunch of bandwidth with the large photo gallery and will have to upgrade the hosting plan later this year for the extra capacity.

Donations are not required. I show my appreciation for the financial support by giving donors extra features.

Tortuga
01-20-07, 08:33 PM
Nice answer. Very nice actually. Thanks I appretiate the time and thought that you seem to have put into that.

BurnTire
01-20-07, 08:36 PM
Ask and you will receive. LOL

Tortuga
01-20-07, 08:37 PM
Ask and you will receive. LOL

ORlly? :laughing1: Anything eh? :cutie:

BurnTire
01-20-07, 08:39 PM
Mind is always in the gutter. :spank:

Tortuga
01-20-07, 08:41 PM